Simulation for Rads

Sam726
Sam726 Member Posts: 233
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
lol...how funny was that! My chest looks like a road map. With all the technology we have, this is how they mark u for radiation? Good grief...

Comments

• TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Oh, yeah
    I had radiation to both breasts, so I had marker-drawn x's, stickers, AND 3 tiny tattoos. And nobody told me they were going to draw all over me at the first one, so I was wearing a light-colored t-shirt, which had marker all over it by the time I got home.

My big tip for rads is to go to someplace like Target or Wal-Mart and get a 6-pack of inexpensive men's WHITE undershirts -- best $16 I've ever spent!

Between the markers and the Aquaphor (if that's what your rads center recommends -- it's pretty common), you'll ruin a lot of shirts otherwise. Whereas you can wash the white undershirts in hot water, and, if they're ruined at the end, they're cheap enough to throw out. I lived in them during rads.

Traci

edit: I think I got this tip originally from Jeanne -- credit where it's due, thanks a million, Jeanne, it was a great tip!
  • Sam726
    Sam726 Member Posts: 233
    TraciInLA said:

Oh, yeah
    I had radiation to both breasts, so I had marker-drawn x's, stickers, AND 3 tiny tattoos. And nobody told me they were going to draw all over me at the first one, so I was wearing a light-colored t-shirt, which had marker all over it by the time I got home.

My big tip for rads is to go to someplace like Target or Wal-Mart and get a 6-pack of inexpensive men's WHITE undershirts -- best $16 I've ever spent!

Between the markers and the Aquaphor (if that's what your rads center recommends -- it's pretty common), you'll ruin a lot of shirts otherwise. Whereas you can wash the white undershirts in hot water, and, if they're ruined at the end, they're cheap enough to throw out. I lived in them during rads.

Traci

edit: I think I got this tip originally from Jeanne -- credit where it's due, thanks a million, Jeanne, it was a great tip!

thanks
    thats a great idea...Im gonna have to do that for sure!
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    TraciInLA said:

Oh, yeah

Traci

Yep!
    I had to wash the tshirts I wore in hot water and some of the Aquaphor grease still didn't come out. So, if you use it and even some of the other creams, ( i also used Biafine ) wear something that you won't mind tossing away when you are done. You have a great memory Traci! I hope you are still using your creams too. You need to for a few weeks even after you are done as you are still cooking. Hope you are doing well now. I know your experience with the "mean" techs left a lot to be desired.

Love, Jeanne ♥</♥</font>