lat flap, possible removal of rib/chest bone

Options
crissy1234
crissy1234 Member Posts: 10
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Had lumpectomy in 2002 and now I have stage 4 with bone mets to chest area...Dr. wants to do lat flap and then have thorasic surgeon remove mets on bone area. Very Very scared.....anyone else have this?????

Comments

• mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Surgery
    Hi Crissy,

Sorry I didn't get to answer you on your previous string. I had surgery on 7/31/09. They removed 3/4 of my sternum and parts of my 3rd, 4th, and 5th ribs. I had previously had cancer in 2003 and had a radical masectomy so they had to do chest wall reconstruction. They used part of my muscle from my left chest and moved it over to the right. I was in surgery for 8 hours and I was in the hospital for seven days. I just finished chemo and my PET scan showed two new bone mets. Please feel free to email me personally if you want. It took me about 3 months to recover but I had a lot done. I still have a lot of pulling in my chest from the reconstruction which will always be there.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    mom62 said:

Surgery
    Hi Crissy,

Sorry I didn't get to answer you on your previous string. I had surgery on 7/31/09. They removed 3/4 of my sternum and parts of my 3rd, 4th, and 5th ribs. I had previously had cancer in 2003 and had a radical masectomy so they had to do chest wall reconstruction. They used part of my muscle from my left chest and moved it over to the right. I was in surgery for 8 hours and I was in the hospital for seven days. I just finished chemo and my PET scan showed two new bone mets. Please feel free to email me personally if you want. It took me about 3 months to recover but I had a lot done. I still have a lot of pulling in my chest from the reconstruction which will always be there.

Crissy
    Welcome to the board. I am very sorry for your situation and hope you can find friends here. There are several ladies here who have had similar diagnosis and are in remission now. I am sure they will get in tough with you.
    I am sending you my positive thoughts and big hug.
    New Flower