Another book recommendation for post-treatment

Options
TraciInLA
TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Wanted to share that I've been reading another really helpful book for recovery and the post-treatment period: After Cancer Treatment: Heal Faster, Better, Stronger, by Julie K. Silver, MD.

The author is a breast cancer survivor and physician specializing in rehabilitation medicine, and she approaches recovery from a very rehab-like perspective: lots of practical suggestions for goal setting, exercise, nutrition, pacing and prioritizing, etc. I'm about 2/3 of the way through it, and have found it very helpful.

While the book is targeted toward survivors of all cancers, she talks so much about breast cancer in particular that, while I heartily recommend it for those of us here, I would hesitate to suggest it for other survivors!

Traci

Comments

• Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Thanks Traci, I'll take a
    Thanks Traci, I'll take a look at it. I think I'm just a bit behind you in treatment...finished rads 1/19 still doing the herceptin until Oct. and start tamoxefin next week...on to the next step of this journey.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Sher43009 said:

Thanks Traci, I'll take a
    Thanks Traci, I'll take a look at it. I think I'm just a bit behind you in treatment...finished rads 1/19 still doing the herceptin until Oct. and start tamoxefin next week...on to the next step of this journey.

Thanks Miss Traci ... I will try and pick
    up this book soon. I need inspiration!

VickiSam
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Thanks Miss Traci ... I will try and pick
    up this book soon. I need inspiration!

VickiSam

Thanks!
    Traci, thank you for telling us about this book!</♥</font>