Bi-lateral Mastectomy 1/12/10 .. Recovering nicely -- Update on VSam

VickiSam
VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello to all my sister in PINK :-)))

I finished my aggressive chemo on 12/15 .. several days later, off on a vacation (surprised by my husband). Arrived back home from vacation, and started to work out the details of my bi-lateral surgery -- Plastic surgeon -- 9 months booked out. Surprise .. surprise ... Bi-lateral Mastectomy scheduled ( 3 different surgeons) for 1/12/10 - 1 day before my birthday ... Fighting a cold and worried about my WBC .. I spent several days in bed taking very good care of myself before d- day - 1/12/10.

Tuesday, 1/12 spent 6 1/2 hours in surgery, and 4 days in the hospital recovering .. here I am today - finally able 2 move my arm about without crying.. OMG - what a surgery!!!

Update from my surgeon and path report:

No trace evidence of CANCER in left (original breast with cancer), or right breast.

No trace evidenced of CANCER in 2 bio lymph nodes ..

No RADITION required, only 6 months of Herception (1 time every 21 days) due to my Her2 diagnonsis.

I would like to thank every Women here on our site for all the good thoughts, kind words of wisdom, and prayers.

VickiSam

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    VickiSam.....WELCOME BACK!!!
    VickiSam.....WELCOME BACK!!! I've missed you and have wondered how you are doing. Glad to hear you're though your surgery and are about to take the floor with NED. That's terriffic!! You have been through it girlfriend and you deserve some good news for a change. I'll look forward to reading your posts again. Take care and continue to rest and recuperate!! ((((Hugs))))
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    MyTurnNow said:

VickiSam.....WELCOME BACK!!!
    VickiSam.....WELCOME BACK!!! I've missed you and have wondered how you are doing. Glad to hear you're though your surgery and are about to take the floor with NED. That's terriffic!! You have been through it girlfriend and you deserve some good news for a change. I'll look forward to reading your posts again. Take care and continue to rest and recuperate!! ((((Hugs))))

Vicki welcome
    Congratulations!!! I was thinking about you. Glad that you are doing well. Speedy recovery and easy healing.
    New Flower
  • 1surfermom
    1surfermom Member Posts: 396 Member

Vicki welcome
    Congratulations!!! I was thinking about you. Glad that you are doing well. Speedy recovery and easy healing.
    New Flower

can I get a whoo who for our dear Vicki Sam ?
    Oh Vicki I have been thinking about you. I am sooo happy that you will not need radiation and that you have clean negative nodes. You have been through so much, but you know what you did it. Take good care of yourself and when you are up to it give me a call. All my love surf.
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    The Queen has returned!!!
    All hail Queen VickiSam!!! I have missed you and have been worrying about you! I'm so glad to hear that you are finished with chemo and recovering nicely from surgery! Congratulations! You have been through so much and now there is a renewed sense of hope that the rest is manageable... face forward my friend! hugs, Pitt
  • jbug
    jbug Member Posts: 285
    Good News
    So glad to hear your good news - NED in the resected tissue and recovering! God Bless... Julie
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    jbug said:

Good News
    So glad to hear your good news - NED in the resected tissue and recovering! God Bless... Julie

Awesome
    Awesome news!!!
    I am smiling from ear to ear.
    Speedy recovery to you.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Awesome
    Awesome news!!!
    I am smiling from ear to ear.
    Speedy recovery to you.

Hugs,
    Margo

You girls are GREAT ... Thank you for the wonderful words
    of encourgement, I can not help but to grin from ear to ear! but, I am hurting from all the newbies in various stages of breast cancer, other chemo chicks suffering thru their chemo treatments. Oh, how I wish for a CURE!!!!

VickiSam
  • e_hope
    e_hope Member Posts: 370
    glad to hear you are
    glad to hear you are recovering well..
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    e_hope said:

glad to hear you are
    glad to hear you are recovering well..

so good to hear!
    Dear VickiSam,

It's been a looooong road. Congratulations on being done with the surgery.

Here's to a peaceful and uneventful recovery!

So good to hear from you!

dh
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Pleased
    That's very good indeed! Very happy with path reports. Happy be-lated b-day. Get plenty of rest and fluids for your recovery. Feeling positive, Gayla
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Welcome Back
    Welcome back, VickiSam! You were missed. Joe and I were just commenting that you had not been on the board for awhile.

So glad to hear you had such a wonderful response to chemo. I believe it is called "complete pathologic response," isn't it? And it means an excellent prognosis. You endured so much, it is truly wonderful to hear your good news.

All the best to you, VickiSam!
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Katz77 said:

Pleased
    That's very good indeed! Very happy with path reports. Happy be-lated b-day. Get plenty of rest and fluids for your recovery. Feeling positive, Gayla

A big congratulations coming
    A big congratulations coming your way for having the surgery behind you. I know this has been a long road, and here's hoping the the future holds lots more good news. Can't get much better than NED, so we will just look forward to hearing more NED reports from you. Hugs. Judy
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    wonderful news VickiSam
    so glad to hear that all is well with you. It is nice that you don't have to do rads. Just keep healing and doing well!
    Cat
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    So happy to see your post!
    So happy to see your post! Glad to hear you went on vacation with your hubby. Also, it's great to hear the pathology reports had such wonderful news! 2010 is turning out to be a fabulous year for you!
    Love,
    Ines