Port insertion went well!

JanInMN
JanInMN Member Posts: 149
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I was so nervous about it hurting, and it was just fine. I had nice sedation, and was always awake but totally in "i don't care land". Thanks to everyone for positive stories and encouragement when I was so nervous worrying about it. So glad I found you wonderful bunch of ladies! Hey, now I can help guide someone facing port placement!

Comments

• Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Glad your done with that
    Glad your done with that step. On to the next.
  • jbug
    jbug Member Posts: 285
    Yea!
    I know you were scared! Glad that first step in the battle w/the beast is over AND that it went well.
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    jbug said:

Yea!
    I know you were scared! Glad that first step in the battle w/the beast is over AND that it went well.

Happy it wasn't as bad as
    Happy it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be.
  • mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691
    Thanks for sharing this and

Thanks for sharing this and for the previous posts. I am going for my port insertion sometime mid Feb. (we haven't set the date yet) so this was rather reassuring as I am also qutie nervous about it. I wasn't nervous about have a mastectomy and DIEP flap reconstruction but since I haven't fully recoved from it, I don't really want another surgery right now. SO I am hoping I can get my head around it by the time the day shows up.
  • LadyParvati
    LadyParvati Member Posts: 328
    Hooray!
    I'm so glad it went smoothly! You're right--now YOU can help guide someone else feeling apprehensive about the port placement! You're an expert now!

Give yourself a big hug of congratulations!

Sandy
  • JanInMN
    JanInMN Member Posts: 149

Thanks for sharing this and

Thanks for sharing this and for the previous posts. I am going for my port insertion sometime mid Feb. (we haven't set the date yet) so this was rather reassuring as I am also qutie nervous about it. I wasn't nervous about have a mastectomy and DIEP flap reconstruction but since I haven't fully recoved from it, I don't really want another surgery right now. SO I am hoping I can get my head around it by the time the day shows up.

Mariam, one of the things
    Mariam, one of the things that helped me was to bring my ipod and lisen to relaxation music and guided imagery during the port insertion. Maybe start listening to it a few weeks before you go in, and then when you are there, your body will "remember" to relax. Hugs! Jan
  • shortscake
    shortscake Member Posts: 228
    happy
    Happy everything went well for you with your port placement,I am so happy to have my port to do chemo with there is no pain at chemo.wishing you the best