anyone know about cervical cancer?My neice found out today she has it.

ppurdin
ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I didn,t find a thread on here on this subject.being I am familar on this sight I thought I would try here.The Dr. called today and said her pap showed 2 cancer cells with Cancer.She is only 29yrs. old and of course very scared.I thought maybe some of you know someone that has gone through this.I imagine they will want to do a hysterectomy.i don,t know.And do they usually give Chemo?Thanks for your input. (Pat).

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Pat
    I am very sorry. Try gynecological (cervical )cancer on CSN board. I am sure they will help you.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    So sorry for your niece, Pat
    A cancer diagnosis - no matter what type - is an extremely frightening experience.

As already suggested - for better/more info, check the Gynecological (other than ovarian and uterine) Board here.

I do know one person who dealt with cervical cancer. She was in her early 40s when it was found via a pap smear, as for your niece. Surgery was her only treatment. A partial hysterectomy (sp?) - her ovaries were left intact, so as not to force her into early menopause. No chemo, no rads, no oral meds.

Best wishes to you, and your niece.

Kind regards, Susan