How Do You Keep Track of Who You Responded To on This Site

Different Ballgame
Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am new to this site. I am an extremely detailed person but I am having difficulty in remembering whose discussion board I read and responded to and I have been a member for only one week. So....how do you keep track of where you have been on the discussion boards and who you have responded to?

Comments

• DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    You can add the thread or
    You can add the thread or postings to your Favorites. Look at the top right of this page and you see Add to Favorites...click on that and you always have it. Hope this helps!

Diane
  • jbug
    jbug Member Posts: 285
    There really isn't a good
    There really isn't a good method. If you are really interested in following one string, save it to your "Favorites". Then you can click "favorites" link and they will come up.

Otherwise, well, i go thru them and when i read the beginning it jogs my memory.
  • Different Ballgame
    jbug said:

There really isn't a good
    There really isn't a good method. If you are really interested in following one string, save it to your "Favorites". Then you can click "favorites" link and they will come up.

Otherwise, well, i go thru them and when i read the beginning it jogs my memory.

String - Favorites
    When you say string, I am assuming you mean that particular posting. I have to learn about favorites. I'll check it out. Thank you.
  • Different Ballgame
    DianeBC said:

You can add the thread or
    You can add the thread or postings to your Favorites. Look at the top right of this page and you see Add to Favorites...click on that and you always have it. Hope this helps!

Diane

Thread
    Thank you for your response. I will now have to investigate Thread and Favorites.

Janelle
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

String - Favorites
    When you say string, I am assuming you mean that particular posting. I have to learn about favorites. I'll check it out. Thank you.

If you like a particular
    If you like a particular thread or a discussion, just click at the top right on Add to favorites and then you have it forever to go back and look at if you want. If you want to look at it again, you then click on Manage favorites, which is right next to it and it will bring it up for you.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • Different Ballgame
    susie09 said:

If you like a particular
    If you like a particular thread or a discussion, just click at the top right on Add to favorites and then you have it forever to go back and look at if you want. If you want to look at it again, you then click on Manage favorites, which is right next to it and it will bring it up for you.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣

Susies, You are A Sweetheart
    Susie, thank you so much for the tutorial. I'm going to print it and refer to it until it implants in my brain.

Fondly,
    Janelle
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

Susies, You are A Sweetheart
    Susie, thank you so much for the tutorial. I'm going to print it and refer to it until it implants in my brain.

Fondly,
    Janelle

LOL
    You are so welcome Janelle. Just ask anytime you have a question on here. We are a friendly group. I use the search a lot to find answers to questions that I have. Have a great day!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    You can also tell that you've responded
    by looking at the number of new responses to a thread. Let's say there are 16 responses and 1 new one. That means you've already read and/or replied to that thread (though you haven't yet read the new response). If there are 16 responses and all 16 of them are new, than you haven't opened that thread yet. That's how I keep track. Make any sense?

Mimi
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    mimivac said:

by looking at the number of new responses to a thread. Let's say there are 16 responses and 1 new one. That means you've already read and/or replied to that thread (though you haven't yet read the new response). If there are 16 responses and all 16 of them are new, than you haven't opened that thread yet. That's how I keep track. Make any sense?

Mimi

You will get used to how to
    You will get used to how to get around the site Janelle. We will help you!
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    mimivac said:

Mimi

me too
    I keep track of what is read like Mimi does. But I don't always remember what I've already posted to so sometimes I scroll over the responses to see if I have or not. :>) It helps if I remember what I look like. This is why I don't change my picture often.
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Marcia527 said:

me too
    I keep track of what is read like Mimi does. But I don't always remember what I've already posted to so sometimes I scroll over the responses to see if I have or not. :>) It helps if I remember what I look like. This is why I don't change my picture often.

I would like to say hi Janelle and to welcome you to the site!

Kristin ♥
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Marcia527 said:

me too

Me, three...
    I pretty much keep track as you and Mimi do, Marcia. And smiled when I read your post: same here - I've never changed my ID photo so that I can find myself easily when scrolling through a thread. :-)