Brake Failure

Options
2»

Comments

• robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Bullitt
    Sorry Adrian... All I can picture is Steve McQueen and his Mustang in "Bullitt" from 1968. Were you in a hot Mustang? Probably a VW Bug! :):)

Be well... Rob; in Vancouver
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Yesterday we got some good
    Adrian posted:

Yesterday we got some good news: the new rectal tumor isn't a tumor at all! It's a hyperplastic polyp and completely benign! Who'da thunk? Better yet, we don't have to do anything about it. Just leave it there. Tomorrow he'll go in for nerve blocking and we're optimistic that that will make a big difference in the pain levels. So it's been a tough month, but we're getting through it and feeling guardedly optimistic about what's in store. Life is good -

Oh MY, Oh MY!! Oh I am just thrilled. I cannot tell you how hard hubby and I prayed for y'all yesterday! That is just such a blessing! Wow, guys! Wow!

I'll be praying for the nerve block to work and remove John's pain! It's time for y'all to enjoy life again, my friend. Thank you and John for holding me to the light for a forever healing. Good friends. Good friends.
  • AceSFO
    AceSFO Member Posts: 229
    Options
    robinvan said:

Bullitt
    Sorry Adrian... All I can picture is Steve McQueen and his Mustang in "Bullitt" from 1968. Were you in a hot Mustang? Probably a VW Bug! :):)

Be well... Rob; in Vancouver

Ha! I should be so lucky
    I used to have a '65 Rambler which was pretty hot, but the brake failure was in a frumpy Volvo station wagon. When the mechanic told me it was the master cylinder all I could think of was the evil robot from Felix the Cat, also called the Master Cylinder. Shows my age I guess.
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options

Yesterday we got some good
    Adrian posted:

Yesterday we got some good news: the new rectal tumor isn't a tumor at all! It's a hyperplastic polyp and completely benign! Who'da thunk? Better yet, we don't have to do anything about it. Just leave it there. Tomorrow he'll go in for nerve blocking and we're optimistic that that will make a big difference in the pain levels. So it's been a tough month, but we're getting through it and feeling guardedly optimistic about what's in store. Life is good -

Oh MY, Oh MY!! Oh I am just thrilled. I cannot tell you how hard hubby and I prayed for y'all yesterday! That is just such a blessing! Wow, guys! Wow!

I'll be praying for the nerve block to work and remove John's pain! It's time for y'all to enjoy life again, my friend. Thank you and John for holding me to the light for a forever healing. Good friends. Good friends.
    Honesty...
    Be honest....

Wow, smells delicious! Thanks for the soup! I have so been so busy catching up on work, you wouldn't believe...its never ending and no time to stop and think about making home made soup. We Appreciate you dropping it off, I'm sure it's going to be wonderful!

....not a problem Adrian, catch you later!
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    Adrain
    Adrian,
    So good to hear that the "tumor" is not a tumor. Praying that the nerve block does alleviate his pain.

People have shared a lot of wisdom in regards to boundaries. I also think when we set down boundaries it can help others know what we need and don't need. That way they can feel good about the help they are giving. And..... if they don't abide by the boundaries that are lovingly set....I let what I call my "Mother bear" come out and I take over and clear the house. :)

Best to both of you.

Aloha,
    Kathleen