The Spirituality, Prayer, and Meditation thread

13»

Comments

• usakat
    usakat Member Posts: 610 Member
    A fable...
    All the organs of the body were having a meeting, trying to decide who was the one in charge.

"I should be in charge," said the brain , "Because I run all the body's systems, so without me nothing would happen."

"I should be in charge," said the blood , "Because I circulate oxygen all over so without me you'd all waste away."

"I should be in charge," said the stomach," Because I process food and give all of you energy."

"I should be in charge," said the legs , "because I carry the body wherever it needs to go."

"I should be in charge," said the eyes, "Because I allow the body to see where it goes."

"I should be in charge," said the rectum, "Because I'm responsible for waste removal."

All the other body parts laughed at the rectum and insulted him, so in a huff, he shut down tight.

Within a few days, the brain had a terrible headache, the stomach was bloated, the legs got wobbly, the eyes got watery, and the blood was toxic. They all decided that the rectum should be the boss.

The Moral of the story?

We truly are a sum of our parts and we function better when we work together (punchline changed to fit the discussion here...) rather than argue who is right or wrong.

Phil is right, for all time before today and for all time after today the right answer will never be found and the arguement will live on. I believe that is the point. Perhaps tolerance isn't just looking the other way from something or someone we disagree with or respecting other points of view, maybe it is also to open our own hearts and our own minds just enough to simply let it be while living with grace, with gratitude and generosity. Sometimes if we give just a little, we get so much more in return.
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

Couldn't get 'quote' to work
    I used bold since I couldn't get the quote command to work.

"Shoot our wounded" in a phrase regularly used in many churches meaning let's not do more harm than good.

:o)
    Diane
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member

Jennie.... can of what?
    I thought you said you had a can of COOL WHIP and were going to use it on Phil. (Oh I wish we had eye popping smilies) Your post follows Nana's remarks... LOLOL!

I love Phil. Phil loves me. I seek out Phil's replies because he is so durn smart. (thumbs up smilie goes here) I secretly pray for Phil to be healed, but don't tell him, okay?

Now that a vision!!!
    And very funny too!!!!

I bet Phil gets into whips and chains too...........
  • Couldn't get 'quote' to work
    I used bold since I couldn't get the quote command to work.

"Shoot our wounded" in a phrase regularly used in many churches meaning let's not do more harm than good.

:o)
    Diane

This comment has been removed by the Moderator