First round of chemo over...only 3 more...9 wks & counting

Tinabug
Tinabug Member Posts: 158
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Ladies, thank you all so much for your support, concern, & wisdom. I made it through my first round without any hitches!!! Thank God!!! So far, the only thing I've experienced is pain in my upper right thigh(like a charley horse.) I came home & took a wonderful nap & have been organizing the house since I woke up(my answer for everything.) Kinda nice having energy, even if it is going to be short lived. I know tomorrow is another day, but right now, I am enjoying a day without SE's & my wonderful husband's birthday!!!

Thank you, I couldn't make this journey without ya'll!!!

Huge hugs,
Tina

Comments

• Minuz
    Minuz Member Posts: 25
    I'm soooo glad for you!! I
    I'm soooo glad for you!! I really didn't have too many problems with chemo. Fatigue was like clockwork. The body turned off about 2 days after and than it just turned back on about 2-3 days later. I learned to plan things around when I knew I was going to be ok. I'm sure that you will find yourself amazed with the strength you have. Hang in there all we be ok!!!!!!!!!!!

Minuz
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Tina
    Glad to hear you made it through the toughest one ok! Your one step closer now. My experience was usually like Minuz, the 2-3rd day it hit me and lasted about 8 days. Good thing you got the house organized while you felt up to it. Your energy level will decrease and you'll be taking alot of naps. Are you going to have the Neulasta shots also?
    Tell Hubby Happy Birthday! Make sure you drink alot of water! Flush the Chemo!
    Keep us posted
    Hugz,
    Cathy