Hi, I'm new CSN

austinsmom
austinsmom Member Posts: 22
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi, I'm new to csn. I have already went through chemo and radiation, and just started Femara, 6 days ago. And will have reconstruction on 3/15/10 and terrified. My procedure is bilat. Latissimus dorsi muscle flap procedure. Have any of you gals had this procedure done.
My cancer is stage 3, grade 3 er/pr+ Neu-. I had neoadjvant chemo, bilat mastectomy, more chemo and radiation. I am post menapause now. Have had lots of depression and fear like many of you. I really need the support of other Breast cancer people. God Bless!

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    I was stage 3 and grade 3
    I was stage 3 and grade 3 also and had 4 cycles of chemo before surgery and 4 cycles after and radiation. I did not have bilat or Femara or reconstruction. Just a right modified radical mastectomy. Hang in there. I was diagnosed in 2003.
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Welcome
    Welcome to the site. Sorry, I have not had the same procedures as you. I had a lumpectomy and underwent chemo and radiation therapy. I am now taking Avastin and in a couple of weeks will be starting Herceptin as a year long maintenance therapy. I am sure that someone will log in and answer your questions.

Take care.

P
  • austinsmom
    Marcia527 said:

I was stage 3 and grade 3
    I was stage 3 and grade 3 also and had 4 cycles of chemo before surgery and 4 cycles after and radiation. I did not have bilat or Femara or reconstruction. Just a right modified radical mastectomy. Hang in there. I was diagnosed in 2003.

Thank you, It's nice to find
    Thank you, It's nice to find others with same type cancer as well as all breast cancer patients. Marcia527 have you had many Pet scans since being diagnosis?
  • Marcia527

Thank you, It's nice to find
    Thank you, It's nice to find others with same type cancer as well as all breast cancer patients. Marcia527 have you had many Pet scans since being diagnosis?

They did scans before
    They did scans before treatment for staging purposes. After treatment just mammograms unless I am having symptoms. I was a little discouraged with this as my tumors didn't show on the mammogram or ultrasound so I'm not sure why they just are relying on mammograms for me.
  • austinsmom
    Marcia527 said:

They did scans before
    They did scans before treatment for staging purposes. After treatment just mammograms unless I am having symptoms. I was a little discouraged with this as my tumors didn't show on the mammogram or ultrasound so I'm not sure why they just are relying on mammograms for me.

Me too, my tumors did not
    Me too, my tumors did not show up on mammo, ultrasound, only Breast MRI. Even then they didn't pick up the new areas that they found in left breast I guess those two grew while getting chemo. I did have a PET scan one year ago before radiation, they insisted on it. Also, is there a spell check on this site? and when you respond does it matter were I hit reply? Thanks JJ
  • austinsmom
    aztec45 said:

Welcome
    Welcome to the site. Sorry, I have not had the same procedures as you. I had a lumpectomy and underwent chemo and radiation therapy. I am now taking Avastin and in a couple of weeks will be starting Herceptin as a year long maintenance therapy. I am sure that someone will log in and answer your questions.

Take care.

P

Thank you for the welcome, I
    Thank you for the welcome, I really appreciate your help and concern. JJ
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member

Thank you for the welcome, I
    Thank you for the welcome, I really appreciate your help and concern. JJ

Hi Austinsmom,
    Would that adorable kitten be Austin? As you can see by my picture I too am a cat lover. In fact many on this site are cat lovers.

If you hit reply under the person you want to answer you reply will be directly under theirs instead of at the bottom. I prefer mine to be at the bottom or else it mite get missed.

I don't think there is spell check here cause if there was I certainly need it and I've seen a few other do too. hahhaha

I didn't have your type of cancer, had a simple mastectomy and no reconstruction but there should be others here who have.

Welcome to the site, you'll lots of love and support here.

Hugs, Judy :-)
  • Marcia527

Me too, my tumors did not
    Me too, my tumors did not show up on mammo, ultrasound, only Breast MRI. Even then they didn't pick up the new areas that they found in left breast I guess those two grew while getting chemo. I did have a PET scan one year ago before radiation, they insisted on it. Also, is there a spell check on this site? and when you respond does it matter were I hit reply? Thanks JJ

No spell checker on this
    No spell checker on this site. Some people type in wordprocessor and copy and paste. I just look up word I'm not sure about spelling. Or just spell it wrong. hee hee

If you reply to the first post it places your reply at the bottom. If you reply to any others it places it after that post. Gets a little confusing sometimes. If it's a long thread then some people reply to the bottom post because (I think) they don't want to scroll all the way back up to the top if they find themselves at the bottom after reading. Also at the discussion page if you click on the number of replys (# new) instead of the thread title, it goes to the first post you have not read yet. If there are more then one you will have to scroll through to find the rest of the new ones.
  • austinsmom
    Skeezie said:

Hi Austinsmom,
    Would that adorable kitten be Austin? As you can see by my picture I too am a cat lover. In fact many on this site are cat lovers.

If you hit reply under the person you want to answer you reply will be directly under theirs instead of at the bottom. I prefer mine to be at the bottom or else it mite get missed.

I don't think there is spell check here cause if there was I certainly need it and I've seen a few other do too. hahhaha

I didn't have your type of cancer, had a simple mastectomy and no reconstruction but there should be others here who have.

Welcome to the site, you'll lots of love and support here.

Hugs, Judy :-)

skeekie
    No, Austin is my son he is 23yrs old, and I am lucky to have him. He does not really understand the cancer thing. The kitten in the photo is just a photo, however, I do have a 7mo old kitten who looks just like him. My son helped me find the cute photo.
    Thank you so much for your support. JJ
  • boppel
    boppel Member Posts: 26

skeekie
    No, Austin is my son he is 23yrs old, and I am lucky to have him. He does not really understand the cancer thing. The kitten in the photo is just a photo, however, I do have a 7mo old kitten who looks just like him. My son helped me find the cute photo.
    Thank you so much for your support. JJ

welcome !
    I just wanted to welcome you to this board, glad you found it. I did not have the type of BC like you and the surgery was different also, mastectomy, chemo , reconstruction tram flap, then 3 1/2 yrs. later lumpectomy, chemo and radiation. I am fine at the present time. All this BC and treatment happened in 1998 and 2001. Soooo I want to encourage you, hang in there, better days are coming. Also I had a PET scan before treatment and after. I have been cancer free for some time now, my check ups are once a year and I am due for a scan this year, it has been 3 years since my last one. My onco likes to stay on top of things and I do too. hugs emmi
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Welcome, austinsmom
    We're all here to support and encourage each other. We share the good and the bad.

Even if blessed with loving family and friends - only those who actually travel the journey truly understand what it means and how it feels...

Visit often, whenever you'd like or need to.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    I wanted to welcome you to
    I wanted to welcome you to this great site. I had a lumpectomy and radiation. I am sure that others that had your surgery will give you great advice. Good luck!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Austinsmom, just wanted to
    Austinsmom, just wanted to welcome you to this site. I didn't have the same dx as you but wanted you to know you found a great group that will be able to help you through your surgery. Ask any questions you have and someone on here has been through the situation and will respond. Post often and take care.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

Welcome, austinsmom
    We're all here to support and encourage each other. We share the good and the bad.

Even if blessed with loving family and friends - only those who actually travel the journey truly understand what it means and how it feels...

Visit often, whenever you'd like or need to.

Hi and Welcome! Sorry that
    Hi and Welcome! Sorry that you are here because of bc, but, you will find lots of great bc survivors here to help you.
  • jbug
    jbug Member Posts: 285
    Welcome!
    Well, you find the right place for support! My diagnosis/treatment was different from yours, but you'll find lots of others that have already walked where you will be going.

God Bless...
    Julie
  • austinsmom
    jbug said:

Welcome!
    Well, you find the right place for support! My diagnosis/treatment was different from yours, but you'll find lots of others that have already walked where you will be going.

God Bless...
    Julie

THANK YOU
    Thank you all so much for the support, I was never able to make it to our local support groups. I was never able to stay up that late. Warm hugs to all.

God Bless!