Facial hair

Options
pattimc
pattimc Member Posts: 431
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I've never had this problem before, but now that I'm on Tamoxifen and have no estrogen, hair (peach fuzz) is all over my face! I look like a wooly booly!

If anyone has had this issue, how do you take care of it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Bill.S
    Bill.S Member Posts: 177
    Options
    Hair
    I'm on tamoxifin too and I just let it grow.
    Bill S
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    Bill.S said:

Hair
    Bill S

Bill, you mean you have
    Bill, you mean you have peach fuzz too? lol
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    I Agree
    I think I would leave it alone. If you start shaving or applying cream to remove it, you have to keep doing that because it keeps growing back thicker and darker.

Good luck.

P
  • Marcia527
    Options
    just leave it alone.
    I'd just leave it alone. This is the only thing I can think of.
  • radhika60
    radhika60 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Facial hair
    You sounded exactly like me!I did go to a beauty parlor and got facial waxing.It is already a month and looks like it is working!No more hair ---so far so good.
  • Marcia527
    Options
    radhika60 said:

Facial hair
    You sounded exactly like me!I did go to a beauty parlor and got facial waxing.It is already a month and looks like it is working!No more hair ---so far so good.

Oh ouch! Didn't that hurt?

• radhika60
    radhika60 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

Facial hair
    yes it did hurt a little for the moment but then fine.Better than Chemo for sure!
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Options
    radhika60 said:

Facial hair
    yes it did hurt a little for the moment but then fine.Better than Chemo for sure!

I have always had a bit of
    I have always had a bit of facial hair, even before tamoxifen. I just shave mine--daily if needed. I also have used depilatory for the face, but it seems pretty harsh. Waxing--I am a coward--is a great way to go if you can take the discomfort.
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    Options
    radhika60 said:

Facial hair

thanks
    I think I'll leave it alone for now. I'm probably the only one that notices it anyway. I may ask my hairdresser (that's funny...no hair to dress right now!!) to see what she thinks.
  • contrail
    contrail Member Posts: 129
    Options
    Peac Fuzz
    I had the same problem, and I thought I would go crazy. I tend to be pretty hairy anyway, so this didn't help at all. The only thing I've done about it is trim it back with scissors, and now it seems to be subsiding. Just give it some time. Connie
  • TLynn0102
    TLynn0102 Member Posts: 86
    Options
    Same thing happened to me
    Whatever you do DO NOT USE THE OVER THE COUNTER FACIAL HAIR REMOVER! I learned from experience. I had peach fuzz all over my cheeks and used the product, the hair was gone but the darn stuff burned my face and it took weeks for it to look normal again. I've used the electric razor about 8 months ago and the hair has not returned. I inquired with the doc before doing this.
    Tracey
  • jbug
    jbug Member Posts: 285
    Options
    Bill.S said:

Hair
    Bill S

OMG!
    Your comment (to a scary topic for women) was absolutley hysterical!!! LMAO!
  • jbug
    jbug Member Posts: 285
    Options
    Scared!
    Even tho Bill's comment was hysterical...i'm getting nervous! I'm just getting ready to statrt this drug...have a mental image of serious thick facial hair (black too!) AGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I love these boards, but sometimes this stuff scares the stuffing out of me! Just when I think i've conquered my fears, i read something else.

Thanks for posting though, will consider the info if I get the same side effect.

Julie
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    jbug said:

Scared!
    Even tho Bill's comment was hysterical...i'm getting nervous! I'm just getting ready to statrt this drug...have a mental image of serious thick facial hair (black too!) AGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I love these boards, but sometimes this stuff scares the stuffing out of me! Just when I think i've conquered my fears, i read something else.

Thanks for posting though, will consider the info if I get the same side effect.

Julie

I know what you mean Julie.
    I know what you mean Julie. I like reading the boards too, but have to step back from time to time because it's too much to take in at times. Am so glad it's hear just the same.
    BL