Options
2»

Comments

• ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    maglets said:

Steve so nice of you to stay
    Steve so nice of you to stay in touch. I am so glad you are one half through the chemo. A summer off is a great gift. I am sure you will get that this year Steve. I sent you a little PM a couple of days ago

Ron you old colonial you :):) how's it going mate??? If I could I would be swingin past New Guinea right at this minute. We are mired in snow and it is -15 outside. Actually I would stop in New Guinea for a wee look round. I have always been curious about that place. How is your health Ron...last time we talked you were having many troubles.

mags

our temp is 33
    Only difference is that's Celcius(mid 90's for those I have confused) We have a cyclone roaming around the northern part of the state dumping metres of rain everywhere. So I guess we are having a pretty normal time here Mags:) My health is much the same,trying to keep kidneys online,poly-arthritis at acceptible levels ,coping with neuropathy. But have you ever known a man who didn't complain,it's natures way of indicating we are still alive:). Had some anti-biots last week when one of my toes blew up. Had to see a chiropodist. She told be I had the loveliest 60 yr old feet she had ever seen. Must be from walking barefoot in all that sand saltwater and mud. Take care Mags best wishes to you and your family for a safe and healthy 2010....Ron.
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    ron50 said:

our temp is 33
    Only difference is that's Celcius(mid 90's for those I have confused) We have a cyclone roaming around the northern part of the state dumping metres of rain everywhere. So I guess we are having a pretty normal time here Mags:) My health is much the same,trying to keep kidneys online,poly-arthritis at acceptible levels ,coping with neuropathy. But have you ever known a man who didn't complain,it's natures way of indicating we are still alive:). Had some anti-biots last week when one of my toes blew up. Had to see a chiropodist. She told be I had the loveliest 60 yr old feet she had ever seen. Must be from walking barefoot in all that sand saltwater and mud. Take care Mags best wishes to you and your family for a safe and healthy 2010....Ron.

Dearest Ron...to tell truth
    Dearest Ron...to tell truth this is kinda fun...whilst the tumult rages we can still talk and support one another across enormous divides.

haha your 60 year old feet are lovely....good to have thing left on the old bod that looks good, heh mate??

when I look in the mirror at my ab, the roadmap of gaw- knows what??? oh well battle scars

a toe blew up???? what does that even mean??? like gout???

best

mags
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    maglets said:

Dearest Ron...to tell truth
    Dearest Ron...to tell truth this is kinda fun...whilst the tumult rages we can still talk and support one another across enormous divides.

haha your 60 year old feet are lovely....good to have thing left on the old bod that looks good, heh mate??

when I look in the mirror at my ab, the roadmap of gaw- knows what??? oh well battle scars

a toe blew up???? what does that even mean??? like gout???

best

mags

Translation.
    Not sure that having lovely feet is such a bonus. What scares me is that by the time I reach ninety all of the good bits will either have been cut out or dropped off. Fortunately my toes are not gout. My Dad had gout bad. When we were kids we used to camp at the beach in an old shed. The door stop was an old ham tin filled with concrete. Without fail Dad would kick his toe on it the first day of every Christmas break and suffer gout for the rest of the holiday. I can't feel my toes and they get damaged inside my shoes while I am at work . By the time I can feel them they are so badly infected that they need anti-biots and cleaning out. Thus the term "blew up". On the up side I have finally undone all the damage that prednisone did to me and I've lost 75lb.On the down side methotrexate is an immuno-suppressant and it is very easy to get infections. I try to let my condition cause as little as possible interference to my fishing though my health is only a minor problem compared to the grey nomads. If you don't know what grey nomads are consider yourself lucky:):)Ron.
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    ron50 said:

Translation.
    Not sure that having lovely feet is such a bonus. What scares me is that by the time I reach ninety all of the good bits will either have been cut out or dropped off. Fortunately my toes are not gout. My Dad had gout bad. When we were kids we used to camp at the beach in an old shed. The door stop was an old ham tin filled with concrete. Without fail Dad would kick his toe on it the first day of every Christmas break and suffer gout for the rest of the holiday. I can't feel my toes and they get damaged inside my shoes while I am at work . By the time I can feel them they are so badly infected that they need anti-biots and cleaning out. Thus the term "blew up". On the up side I have finally undone all the damage that prednisone did to me and I've lost 75lb.On the down side methotrexate is an immuno-suppressant and it is very easy to get infections. I try to let my condition cause as little as possible interference to my fishing though my health is only a minor problem compared to the grey nomads. If you don't know what grey nomads are consider yourself lucky:):)Ron.

hahah
    yes the good parts are drooping away and the rest is turning gray....hang onto to your toes Ron

I just had to google grey nomads....sounds good to me :):)

mags