Post-op visit update

Options
canoegirl
canoegirl Member Posts: 169
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everybody,

Thanks for all the support!

I had my one week post-op visit yesterday. Didn't get the drains out and I have a lot of swelling. Seems like the drain stops draining and I fill up with fluid which creates a lot of pressure. I tried laying totally flat this morning and that seemed to get the drain working better. The swelling is below the drain at this point, so it seems like laying flat lets it flow out better. Anyway, they suggested that I use more pain killers and said the bruising, etc looks good. I am stage II or early III and only had 2 positive nodes, so I may not need radiation after all. Still need to meet with the radiation oncologist just to make sure becuase one node was "encapsulated". Haven't met with the oncologist yet, so I don't know what they have planned for chemo other than they told me to plan on about 4 month with a year of herceptin. They are rechecking the ER/PR/Her2 but they were all positive at the hospital I used for my biospies.

I go to see the plastic surgeon on Monday and I'm hoping to get the drains out then.

Marcy

Comments

• Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update Marcy.
    Thanks for the update Marcy. The drains are a real pain. Hopefully, you will get yours out soon. Keep us updated. Good luck!

♥ Noel
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    I hope that you get the
    I hope that you get the drains out Monday. Good luck with your doctor's visit.
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    DianeBC said:

I hope that you get the
    I hope that you get the drains out Monday. Good luck with your doctor's visit.

Good luck Marcy!

Good luck Marcy!