Saw Radiologist yesterday!

Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Wed. afternoon I found out that I had a Thurs. morning appt. with the radiologist before my Chemo that afternoon. It wasn't a surprise, just sooner than I expected. Last week, the Onco Dr had said that he was sending a consult as next week will be last weekly Taxol, so my mind just thought that it would be week or shortly after that. I like him very much as I had already seen him before - VA put the wrong paperwork in originally to the CCI and would not change it from radiolory to oncology til I saw him first - saw onco the next day.

Dr. P wanted a new CT scan before he made his plans. His nurse/staff got busy, had VA approval and an appt within a very short time (within about 20 min.) in the hospital for it (different buildings but hooked together) and had gotten Chemo to wait til I got it done. SO next Thurs. morn I meet with him on plan and then get shown by nurse/techs what to expect - they have a "dummy" (non functioning) set up so you know what to expect (what the stuff looks like, etc.) before the first time with the 'real stuff'.

That's all I know for now but making steps.

Oh forgot to add - wasn't real pleased with the "Keystone Kops" doing the CT. It was like "OOH - A port - whoopie! They're different and we don't see them much." I overheard 5 calls to Chemo asking questions - yes it was better that they call and ask questions but some of the questions seemed "anh" and they used a smaller needle than they were told to by Chemo. AND I have a VERY good vein to use - so -.

Comments

• Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Still Moving Forward
    Rague, sorry to hear of the klutzy radiation team. You must have wanted to roll your eyes. But, sounds like the individuals are smart enough to know when they don't know something and to call to get the answers before proceeding. That's good, as you said.

Your journey is moving forward and you are closer to completing your treatments. That is wonderful. Thanks for the update.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Moopy23 said:

Still Moving Forward
    Rague, sorry to hear of the klutzy radiation team. You must have wanted to roll your eyes. But, sounds like the individuals are smart enough to know when they don't know something and to call to get the answers before proceeding. That's good, as you said.

Your journey is moving forward and you are closer to completing your treatments. That is wonderful. Thanks for the update.

Sending you positive
    Sending you positive thoughts Rague! Sorry you had to go thru that, but, you are moving forward!

Debby
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Moopy23 said:

Still Moving Forward

Hope I didn't cause
    Hope I didn't cause misunderstanding - it wasn't the radiation team at CCI (the ones that will be doing my rads) - it was in the hospital, the ones doing the CT scan. I am very glad that they called when they needed info (everyone can't know eveything) - it was just they were the first staff I've run into that seemed like the 'Keystone Kops' - they could have been more descrete/private/profesional.

Thanks!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Rague said:

Hope I didn't cause
    Hope I didn't cause misunderstanding - it wasn't the radiation team at CCI (the ones that will be doing my rads) - it was in the hospital, the ones doing the CT scan. I am very glad that they called when they needed info (everyone can't know eveything) - it was just they were the first staff I've run into that seemed like the 'Keystone Kops' - they could have been more descrete/private/profesional.

Thanks!

Sorry about your
    Sorry about your inexperienced techs for your CT scan. Hope it went fast for you. Good luck with your treatment.

Lex♥