first post treatment pet scan

Options
e_hope
e_hope Member Posts: 370
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
can't sleep and in a few hours go for my first post treatment pet scan. Can't seem to shake this anxiety feeling about it!

Comments

• pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Options
    oh boy, the anxiety we go
    oh boy, the anxiety we go through....I had a pet scan after my first four rounds of a/c, it shrunk my tumor in half, and my lymph nodes were clear. No scan after 11 rounds of taxol, surgery on 2-11. I think these post pet scans are a good thing, we get to find out what all that chemo was really for. Think positive, have faith that it'll be good news, the chemo worked well for me and I believe it'll be good for you too. Is this scan post chemo treatment or radiation treatment? Either way, prayers coming your way for a good result. Hang in there sister!!
    ((((Hugs))))
    Kari
  • e_hope
    e_hope Member Posts: 370
    Options

oh boy, the anxiety we go
    oh boy, the anxiety we go through....I had a pet scan after my first four rounds of a/c, it shrunk my tumor in half, and my lymph nodes were clear. No scan after 11 rounds of taxol, surgery on 2-11. I think these post pet scans are a good thing, we get to find out what all that chemo was really for. Think positive, have faith that it'll be good news, the chemo worked well for me and I believe it'll be good for you too. Is this scan post chemo treatment or radiation treatment? Either way, prayers coming your way for a good result. Hang in there sister!!
    ((((Hugs))))
    Kari

post everything... did chemo
    post everything... did chemo and rad... finished up Nov 2... so this is a total post treatment... god I hate the anxiety these test bring...
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    e_hope said:

post everything... did chemo and rad... finished up Nov 2... so this is a total post treatment... god I hate the anxiety these test bring...

Sending positive thoughts
    Sending positive thoughts your way for nothing but GOOD NEWS for you! Let us know how it goes. Take care.
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    e_hope said:

Wishing you the Best Results Today!
    E_Hope, I'll be thinking of you today and sending you positive thoughts and hopes for good scan results. We all know the anxiety you are feeling. (I took a little Zanax, some of us have been known to imbibe a little something, but I don't hold my liquor well and stuck with the sedative!)
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Wishing you the Best Results Today!
    E_Hope, I'll be thinking of you today and sending you positive thoughts and hopes for good scan results. We all know the anxiety you are feeling. (I took a little Zanax, some of us have been known to imbibe a little something, but I don't hold my liquor well and stuck with the sedative!)

Sending prayers and positive
    Sending prayers and positive thoughts!
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Options
    Pet scan jitters
    I'm there with you sister. I go for mine on Wednesday. Good luck and staying positive for you. Gayla
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Katz77 said:

Pet scan jitters
    I'm there with you sister. I go for mine on Wednesday. Good luck and staying positive for you. Gayla

Good luck with your PET
    Good luck with your PET scan! Post when you can to let us know how it went for you.

Lex♥
  • arkansasgirl
    arkansasgirl Member Posts: 84
    Options
    Pet Scan
    Hi

Well I know exactly what your feeling. I got call on Thursday to test on Monday 25th
    so I've not slept much cried alot and today got a call it will be done on Feb 1.
    My type of BC is very rare. Only 1 percent of all the women in the world has my type
    which is mainly over seas and chemo & radation has no effect. I had both breast removed
    in April 2009 and took 6 treatments of chemo. My tumor went from 2cm to 5cm in 5 weeks.

So I will keep you and me in my prayers.

ARKANSASGIRL
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Don't worry
    Think positive. Mine is in 9 days to see how chemo did. I can't feel any lumps so I hope it went away. Waiting for results is hard. I'll be thinking of you.
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Try to hope for best
    that is ALL you can do and we ALL will back you up with positive thoughts!!

No matter what happens tomorrow, we will still be here for you.

Ayse
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    aysemari said:

Try to hope for best
    that is ALL you can do and we ALL will back you up with positive thoughts!!

No matter what happens tomorrow, we will still be here for you.

Ayse

you did everything
    to beat cancer, Do not worry, we will be thinking of you.
    Hugs,
    New Flower
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

you did everything
    to beat cancer, Do not worry, we will be thinking of you.
    Hugs,
    New Flower

Praying that everything
    Praying that everything turned out ok for you.

Leeza
  • pwaters765
    pwaters765 Member Posts: 9
    Options
    jnl said:

Praying that everything
    Praying that everything turned out ok for you.

Leeza

Feeling your nervousness!!
    I share your feelings of nervousness, I have to go Feb 12th for my post petscan, very scared about it. I had chemo, surgery and finished rads on Dec 23rd, I have to say I thought the rads were the worst. I sailed through my 6 rounds of chemo and the surgery went well, but I have had more problems with radiation side effects...ugh, so I guess when they bring up scans and tests, I will always freak out.
    I will be sending good thoughts your way, good luck.
    Peggy