Margins clear..nodes clear! Good day..

Sam726
Sam726 Member Posts: 233
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
wow everyone...never thought I could utter the words that the cancer is gone but I can as of today! They took 18, not 10 like I thought, lymphnodes. The first 3 had cancer....all others negative! I am so happy...I have this sense of "normalcy" for the first time in a long time. I know I still have to do rads, but it seems so easy after what I just went through.
My surgeon is fantastic and the scars look good too...he told me to put cocoa butter on them everynight after shower and they will virtually dissappear! Im gonna try it, worth a shot.
«1

Comments

  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    So great to be "normal"...who knew?? LOL
    WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!! So happy for you Sam! I hope you are, or will be celebrating your good news; you sooo deserve to!

    I am smiling for you and with you! YAY YAY YAY!!!!

    Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Sam726
    Sam726 Member Posts: 233
    chenheart said:

    So great to be "normal"...who knew?? LOL
    WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!! So happy for you Sam! I hope you are, or will be celebrating your good news; you sooo deserve to!

    I am smiling for you and with you! YAY YAY YAY!!!!

    Hugs,
    Chen♥

    Thanks Chenheart
    I will be doing my first celebrating with my son and some ice cream. This has been rough for him too...
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Sam726 said:

    Thanks Chenheart
    I will be doing my first celebrating with my son and some ice cream. This has been rough for him too...

    I am glad you will be
    I am glad you will be celebrating with your son~ I can imagine how hard it has been on him and this is a great reason to bond for something GOOD and laugh and be silly together. No doubt it's been a long time coming.....bless your heart, Sam!

    Hugs,
    Chen
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    chenheart said:

    I am glad you will be
    I am glad you will be celebrating with your son~ I can imagine how hard it has been on him and this is a great reason to bond for something GOOD and laugh and be silly together. No doubt it's been a long time coming.....bless your heart, Sam!

    Hugs,
    Chen

    Whew~
    ~glad you can say cancer free!! I know it is hard on us, but it is hard on those we love too. They have to work through the emotions and deal with how cancer has effected them as well. I have 4 kids 19-27 years old. It has shaped who they are to witness, care, support and love their momma thru cancer. It has added a beautiful layer to their character.
    Have an extra scoop for all your pink sisters here!! (strawberry? pink bubble gum?)
    Melanie
  • terri805
    terri805 Member Posts: 122
    so happy
    I am so happy for you Sam! I am glad that you can feel a sense of normalcy. Big hugs to you and your son. I know it is very scary for kids(don't know your sons age) to hear the "C" word and I hope this brings comfort to him also. Celebrate! Oh and how long after surgery did you put cocoa butter on your scars? I had surgery a month ago and another one tomorrow so I will try it to.
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    terri805 said:

    so happy
    I am so happy for you Sam! I am glad that you can feel a sense of normalcy. Big hugs to you and your son. I know it is very scary for kids(don't know your sons age) to hear the "C" word and I hope this brings comfort to him also. Celebrate! Oh and how long after surgery did you put cocoa butter on your scars? I had surgery a month ago and another one tomorrow so I will try it to.

    Good for you Sam! I have to
    Good for you Sam! I have to say the radiation wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. So on to the next step.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Sher43009 said:

    Good for you Sam! I have to
    Good for you Sam! I have to say the radiation wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. So on to the next step.

    Congrats Sam! Good luck
    Congrats Sam! Good luck with rads!

    HUGS
  • jbug
    jbug Member Posts: 285
    Good News!
    So happy to hear your good news! It does help to know the beast is gone! The rest of the treatments will assure that...just take rads 1 day at a time.

    Good luck and God Bless...
    Julie
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Sam, that's great news. I
    Sam, that's great news. I remember well the day I could say "the cancer is gone". It really is a wodnerful feeling. Enjoy your ice cream with your son. You've been through the worst of it now. Rads aren't normally that bad but be diligent on your creams. Have a great celebration, you so deserve it!!!!
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

    Sam, that's great news. I
    Sam, that's great news. I remember well the day I could say "the cancer is gone". It really is a wodnerful feeling. Enjoy your ice cream with your son. You've been through the worst of it now. Rads aren't normally that bad but be diligent on your creams. Have a great celebration, you so deserve it!!!!

    Great news Sam!

    Great news Sam!
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Awesome
    Go for a bike ride! :-)
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Katz77 said:

    Awesome
    Go for a bike ride! :-)

    YEH! Great news Sam!
    YEH! Great news Sam!

    Hugs!
  • Sam726
    Sam726 Member Posts: 233
    terri805 said:

    so happy
    I am so happy for you Sam! I am glad that you can feel a sense of normalcy. Big hugs to you and your son. I know it is very scary for kids(don't know your sons age) to hear the "C" word and I hope this brings comfort to him also. Celebrate! Oh and how long after surgery did you put cocoa butter on your scars? I had surgery a month ago and another one tomorrow so I will try it to.

    terri805!!
    Had surgery the 14th and started cocoa butter yesterday, the 21st...Cat64 says she got an aloevera from her nutritionist and it worked too!
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Megan M said:

    YEH! Great news Sam!
    YEH! Great news Sam!

    Hugs!

    Sam, glad to hear your good
    Sam, glad to hear your good news. May the rest of your treatments be a piece of cake. Celebrate with your son and go forward. The finish line is close and you'll soon cross it. Take a ride for all of us.
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    So happy for you!
    That's great news, Sam! Enjoy your new lease on life and get those dancing shoes polished up for NED!

    Thanks also for the tip about the cocoa butter. I've been putting aloe vera gel and Vitamin E oil on my scars just on my own, but now I think I'll try rotating in some cocoa butter as well.

    Congratulations!
    Cindy
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

    So happy for you!
    That's great news, Sam! Enjoy your new lease on life and get those dancing shoes polished up for NED!

    Thanks also for the tip about the cocoa butter. I've been putting aloe vera gel and Vitamin E oil on my scars just on my own, but now I think I'll try rotating in some cocoa butter as well.

    Congratulations!
    Cindy

    Just the best news Sam!
    Just the best news Sam! Take that bike out for a ride now!

    ♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Sam726 said:

    terri805!!
    Had surgery the 14th and started cocoa butter yesterday, the 21st...Cat64 says she got an aloevera from her nutritionist and it worked too!

    Terri
    Yes! I originally used it for mouth sores and my lack of taste buds, she told me to also use it on my incisions and for Radiation also. I put it in a spray bottle. My new Doc couldn't even find the incision-that's how well it worked! :-)
    Cat
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    terri805 said:

    so happy
    I am so happy for you Sam! I am glad that you can feel a sense of normalcy. Big hugs to you and your son. I know it is very scary for kids(don't know your sons age) to hear the "C" word and I hope this brings comfort to him also. Celebrate! Oh and how long after surgery did you put cocoa butter on your scars? I had surgery a month ago and another one tomorrow so I will try it to.

    so happy
    terri,

    I just joined this site because of your first posting. I'm wondering why you are having a 2nd surgery - I must have missed something...Please let us know.
    My story, quickly: Routine annual mammo 10/28/09 - oh-oh! microcalcifications, left breast. No sweat, had them twice before on the right, both benign. Well, the 3rd time was not a charm. 11/12/09 stereotactic biopsy, bad news arrived 11/16. Saw surgeon 11/24, who was spectacular. He believed it would be a lumpectomy followed by radiation. However, the sentinal node was involved. My world crashed. Chemo onc was matter of fact, office was moving, and I was hysterical. Seeing my dismay, he ordered an Onco Dx test. (I was er & pr pos, & mildly her pos.) Test came back with a low risk of reoccurance. He suggested just radiation, didn't think I would benefit from chemo.
    Now, I am terrified. Should I have had chemo? I will, most likely, be on something for the next 5+ yrs. Such a roller coaster to ride.

    Sue
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    susie09 said:

    Just the best news Sam!
    Just the best news Sam! Take that bike out for a ride now!

    ♠♣ Susie ♠♣

    WTG Sam!
    WTG Sam! Congratulations!

    Hugs, Diane ♥
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    DianeBC said:

    WTG Sam!
    WTG Sam! Congratulations!

    Hugs, Diane ♥

    Congrats!
    This is the best news Sam!

    Hugs, Leeza