getting nervous

terri805
terri805 Member Posts: 122
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am getting a little nervous for the second go round of surgery to get a wider clean margin. The oncologist bought up something that I was not prepared to think about. He said that they could possibly find more scattered calcifications on the tissue they remove when they go in to get a wider clean margin. I have 2 sides that need wider margins because one was 1mm and the other was 2mm and the oncologists said that they like to see 3mm or greater. I don't know why I was in this fantasy world that all is well and good and they just want to get a wider margin around the calcification area. I never give it a thought that there could be more. I was feeling ok about the re excision because I just had the first surgery on Dec 17th, 2009 and it wasn't too bad and now i have to worry some more. It seems like the worry never ends. :(

Comments

• Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    Hi Teri,
    No, it seems it never ends when you're getting your diagnosis. I had a re-exision too and at that time I also had the Sentinel Node Biopsy. The results were clean nodes but still didn't have the margin they wanted and along with my invasive ductal carcenoma, I had little tiny carcenoma insitu's. Well that made up my mind for a simple mastecomy. That is they only take the breast. The report was great, there were no cancer cells found in the breast tissue. So cleans nodes and no more cancer cells. What a relief. Because of the two types of cancer cells and scattered, I would have continually worried there were more and because of the good pathology report I only had chemo and no radiation. But I suffered agony waiting for all these results. This diagnosis process is the worst. But after it's over you can then get on with your treatment.

I wish you well with your next surgery (and it doesn't hurt more) and keep us posted as to the results.

Hugs, Judy :-)
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Terri, I can imagine how
    Terri, I can imagine how stressed out you are feeling right now. Don't lose faith that everything could be ok. Think positive and try not to wipe your self out worrying. I will be praying and hoping for you. Keep us posted and God bless.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Eil4186 said:

Terri, I can imagine how
    Terri, I can imagine how stressed out you are feeling right now. Don't lose faith that everything could be ok. Think positive and try not to wipe your self out worrying. I will be praying and hoping for you. Keep us posted and God bless.

I am so sorry Terri, but, it
    I am so sorry Terri, but, it seems that a lot of bc survivors on this site have had to have this done. So, I think it is common. Please try not to worry and just think positive. I am sending you prayers that everything will be fine.

HUGS
  • Myshell
    Myshell Member Posts: 31

I am so sorry Terri, but, it seems that a lot of bc survivors on this site have had to have this done. So, I think it is common. Please try not to worry and just think positive. I am sending you prayers that everything will be fine.

HUGS

praying
    Hey Terri,
    Tonight and tomorrow when I start to feel anxious about my excisional bx tomorrow, i'll pray for you too!! Love and Hugs to us both :)
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Myshell said:

praying
    Hey Terri,
    Tonight and tomorrow when I start to feel anxious about my excisional bx tomorrow, i'll pray for you too!! Love and Hugs to us both :)

Hi Terri
    I had to have a second surgery to get clear margins. The second time around everything was clear.
    And I am hoping the same for you!!! =)

Ayse
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

HUGS

Let's think positive Terri
    Let's think positive Terri that everything will be fine! Praying for you!

Megan
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    aysemari said:

Hi Terri
    I had to have a second surgery to get clear margins. The second time around everything was clear.
    And I am hoping the same for you!!! =)

Ayse

Sending you good luck!
    Praying that you will get clear margins! Good luck to you Terri!

Lex♥