Comments

• This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • K_ann1015
    K_ann1015 Member Posts: 500
    Options
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

Where do you live Rose?
    Sorry we have to meet under these circumstances! It depends on where you live or if you can/want to travel....there may be something close? My dad went to Duke Cancer Ctr in Durham NC. Some of the well known hospitals for treating esophageal cancer are: University of Pittsburgh MEd Ctr, MD Anderson (Houston) & Sloan Kettering

---HELP ME OUT CSN folks---I know there are more...

Google these and usually there is a link for "schedule an appt" or at least call for info or appointment. I think you do need to get her seen ASAP because the lack of nutrition can make any treatment or quality of life more difficult. I would keep pushing the ensures, if she can tolerate them. My dad HAD to at least have 6 a day in order to keep his weight up to be able to have surgery. Even if your mom is not a surgical candidate---she needs nutrition. Hang in there--I am glad she has you to help her---keep coming on this site--so many going thru the same stuff---they can share what they have tried....just ask!
    Kim
  • Tina Blondek
    Tina Blondek Member Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    unknown said:

Welcome
    Hi Rose and Mom,
    Welcome to our wonderful csn family. My dad was treated at University of Virginia in Charlottesville, VA. It depends on where you live. You should find a hospital or a cancer center that specializes in esophageal cancer. There is hope, it can be treated. Keep your faith and positive attitude. Learn all you can. Ask alot of questions. Your mom is lucky to have you. Keep us posted.
    Tina
  • K_ann1015 said:

Where do you live Rose?
    Sorry we have to meet under these circumstances! It depends on where you live or if you can/want to travel....there may be something close? My dad went to Duke Cancer Ctr in Durham NC. Some of the well known hospitals for treating esophageal cancer are: University of Pittsburgh MEd Ctr, MD Anderson (Houston) & Sloan Kettering

---HELP ME OUT CSN folks---I know there are more...

Google these and usually there is a link for "schedule an appt" or at least call for info or appointment. I think you do need to get her seen ASAP because the lack of nutrition can make any treatment or quality of life more difficult. I would keep pushing the ensures, if she can tolerate them. My dad HAD to at least have 6 a day in order to keep his weight up to be able to have surgery. Even if your mom is not a surgical candidate---she needs nutrition. Hang in there--I am glad she has you to help her---keep coming on this site--so many going thru the same stuff---they can share what they have tried....just ask!
    Kim

• Welcome
    Hi Rose and Mom,
    Welcome to our wonderful csn family. My dad was treated at University of Virginia in Charlottesville, VA. It depends on where you live. You should find a hospital or a cancer center that specializes in esophageal cancer. There is hope, it can be treated. Keep your faith and positive attitude. Learn all you can. Ask alot of questions. Your mom is lucky to have you. Keep us posted.
    Tina

• Welcome
    Hi Rose and Mom,
    Tina

• Welcome
    Hi Rose and Mom,
    Tina

• unknown said:

• juljenki
    juljenki Member Posts: 3
    Options
    unknown said:

Rose's Mom
    Hi Rose! I am new to this site but felt I would put in my two cents.My hubby has EC & it has spread & is inoperable.I took him to MD Anderson in Houston,Tx.We had to drive 7 hours each way but it was worth it .He was literally dieing when I took him there.They were ANGELS.I just called them up & told them of his condition.They wanted all his medical records ,reports & biopsy slides sent to them.We got in in no time at all.They are so wonderful I can't begin to tell you the hope they gave to both of us.Please give them a call if you can in any way get to them you won't be sorry.I'm sure Mayo is also good but MD Anderson was our experience & it was terrific.Good luck & you & your Mom are in my prayers as are all on this site & every cancer patient everywhere.Sending a big hug your way.God Bless you both.
  • unknown said:

• downtown1
    downtown1 Member Posts: 9
    Options
    unknown said:

ec cancer
    i had ec cancer tumer in throat next to trakeya stage 4 found out feb 10th 09 with med to lymph node to right shoulder sqamis cell two got radition tumer all gone no cancer last two cat scans said remarkable been working past 9 months driving truck 500 miles a day feeling good next cat scan july
  • downtown1 said:

ec cancer
    i had ec cancer tumer in throat next to trakeya stage 4 found out feb 10th 09 with med to lymph node to right shoulder sqamis cell two got radition tumer all gone no cancer last two cat scans said remarkable been working past 9 months driving truck 500 miles a day feeling good next cat scan july

• downtown1
    downtown1 Member Posts: 9
    Options
    unknown said:

ec cancer
    Thanks Mr. Marshall my prayers go out to you and your total recovery.
  • jessicalla
    jessicalla Member Posts: 29
    Options
    thank you
    Jane, your post gives my family and I hope, I cannot thank you enough!! My father was diagnosed on Friday with stage IV esophageal cancer. We are devastated. I sent the link to your post to my dad, who is 62, and I hope it provided him some hope and comfort. Thank you so much!
    Jessica
  • MOE58
    MOE58 Member Posts: 589 Member
    Options

thank you
    Jane, your post gives my family and I hope, I cannot thank you enough!! My father was diagnosed on Friday with stage IV esophageal cancer. We are devastated. I sent the link to your post to my dad, who is 62, and I hope it provided him some hope and comfort. Thank you so much!
    Jessica

DEVASTED WE ALL WERE AT ONE TIME
    Jessica,

I see this is your first post, Jane is an awesome person and can give you any kind of info you need, she is a great support person At one time we all were devasted when we found out our loved one had cancer, wheather its a father, husband, mother, son daughter, friend, etc. When we are given this diagnosis we are all devasted thinking how can this be? We sometimes ask ourselves why me? But a good friend of ours on this site, always said WHY NOT ME? because GOD knows who can handle it and who cant. This journey is not an easy road and even if the doctor gives you days weeks months or years, nobody knows when its our time except the man upstairs.

Our Journey started last April 09 stage 2 45 years old, went through surgery chemo and all the things along with it, He has been cancer free for a year now, but let me say without this site, I as a caregiver could not have gotten through this difficult journey without all these wonderful caring people on this site.

We all come to tell our stories, our hopes, we cry we laugh, we vent, and we express our feelings, we even help others with the journeys we have taken, some are operable some are not, and some never will be able to go through surgery, but that doesn't make them any different.

We have newcomers, we have oldies, we have some that have went on to be with GOD, but no they are no longer suffering with this ugly word we call CANCER!!!

We also have a person on here BAILEY1459 which her husband is stage 4 also, you might want to read some post of hers, and she will be able to help you alot also.

Welcome to our board, you will have BUMPS, CURVES, HURDLES, STOP SIGNS, YEILD SIGNS, AND GO FORWARD SIGNS, but you will always have us.

Just know each one of us has been where you are at today, and LORD knows one year ago i was like a baby in diapers, and wondered could i do this, well I did but not without the good friends on this site.

I also have a saying on this site, PULL UP YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES, and keep moving, oh we have some for the boys too, they just don't have lace on them. There has been several that used them but I started it first, so we just carry it on out to each newbie that comes on.

Please know we are here for you and Welcome

Take Care and welcome

Lori aka MOE and Papa
  • jessicalla
    jessicalla Member Posts: 29
    Options
    MOE58 said:

DEVASTED WE ALL WERE AT ONE TIME
    Jessica,

I see this is your first post, Jane is an awesome person and can give you any kind of info you need, she is a great support person At one time we all were devasted when we found out our loved one had cancer, wheather its a father, husband, mother, son daughter, friend, etc. When we are given this diagnosis we are all devasted thinking how can this be? We sometimes ask ourselves why me? But a good friend of ours on this site, always said WHY NOT ME? because GOD knows who can handle it and who cant. This journey is not an easy road and even if the doctor gives you days weeks months or years, nobody knows when its our time except the man upstairs.

Our Journey started last April 09 stage 2 45 years old, went through surgery chemo and all the things along with it, He has been cancer free for a year now, but let me say without this site, I as a caregiver could not have gotten through this difficult journey without all these wonderful caring people on this site.

We all come to tell our stories, our hopes, we cry we laugh, we vent, and we express our feelings, we even help others with the journeys we have taken, some are operable some are not, and some never will be able to go through surgery, but that doesn't make them any different.

We have newcomers, we have oldies, we have some that have went on to be with GOD, but no they are no longer suffering with this ugly word we call CANCER!!!

We also have a person on here BAILEY1459 which her husband is stage 4 also, you might want to read some post of hers, and she will be able to help you alot also.

Welcome to our board, you will have BUMPS, CURVES, HURDLES, STOP SIGNS, YEILD SIGNS, AND GO FORWARD SIGNS, but you will always have us.

Just know each one of us has been where you are at today, and LORD knows one year ago i was like a baby in diapers, and wondered could i do this, well I did but not without the good friends on this site.

I also have a saying on this site, PULL UP YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES, and keep moving, oh we have some for the boys too, they just don't have lace on them. There has been several that used them but I started it first, so we just carry it on out to each newbie that comes on.

Please know we are here for you and Welcome

Take Care and welcome

Lori aka MOE and Papa

thank you Moe and Papa
    Lori, thank you for your kindness! I am so very happy to hear your husband has been cancer free for 1 year now...absolutely wonderful!! I am trying to pull up my big girl panties, that's for sure! I am so lucky to have a wonderful brother who is pulling up his big boy undies, and we are going to support our dad and mom in every way possible. I will continue to check out the site...I've seen replies from Bailey and William but will not be able to reply right now but hope to soon.
    Thank you again for welcoming me...take care.
    Jessica