changing chemo

LPack
LPack Member Posts: 645
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
I did have my app't this afternoon. I will stay on Gemzar and since I was allergic to Cisplatin, I will have Carboplatin again.

Treatment 6A will be Monday if counts are up (Gem/Carbo) and then 2 weeks later just Gemzar and then repeat but don't know for how long since I am slightly behind! Was suppose to be done this month. But you know how that goes.

She doesn't like it that I have gone from 12.2 to 28 on CA125 but did say it could be from my severe sinus infection or anything else. Did exam me and still no sign of disease from a physical point of view. Not time for CT scan yet and last time nothing conclusive was found.

All in all, I am still in the "normal" range and I need to be more dedicated to giving myself Neumega in between chemos ☺.

Personally I'd rather have carbo than cisplatin as the side effects are not so severe. Then again my husband reminded me, I had never had chemo until carbo/taxol and I was much stronger then. And that was not too long ago..........................and I know that. ☺

Living for Eternity,
Libby

Comments

• BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Good Switch
    Hi Libby,

I am glad they are made the switch for you, I have had great results from carbo and know it has worked well for other women also for recurrent ovarian cancer. Never had with another chemo except in the beginning with the taxol. I pray this combination is not to hard and really attacks the cancer and knocks them tumor markers back down.

Hugs ♥ Prayers Bonnie
  • kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    I agree
    carbo, would be my choice any day. I don't know that anyone could pay me to go on cisplatin again!! Your number sound very good, LIbby in spite of that jump. I hope the carbo gives you the results you need!
    Take care,
    Kathleen:)
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    I like carbo too...
    Dear Libby, Carbo was pretty easy for me. I had 4 doses this time before it quit working for me and it lowered my CA125 from 434 to 52. I hope you get many more doses down. I had not had carbo for over 18 months when I started it again.

In His love, Saundra