Recurrance

Options
2»

Comments

• DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

I am sorry to hear about the
    I am sorry to hear about the recurrance. You have a lot of sisters in pink pulling for you. Don't lose heart. God bless.
    BL

So very sorry to read about
    So very sorry to read about your recurrance. I am sending you positive thoughts and prayers! Keep us posted.

Debby
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    mom62 said:

Me Too
    Hi,

I had bc in 2003 radical masectomy and chemo of 4 a/c 4 taxol and recurrance in 2009. They took out most of my sternum and part of three of my ribs. I had 6 rounds of chemo cytoxan and taxotere. My last round was on January 6, 2010. I just had a PET scan because I was having pain and they discovered bone mets in my third left rib and the lower part of my surgical sight on the right side. I'm scared to death myself. I want to live but obviously the chemo did nothing. The pathology report after my surgery was great no cancer, but obviously it had already moved around. Does anyone know the survival rates? I'm still fighting, having hormone therapy and taking arimidex but I have to say I have days when I'm just overwhelmed. I'm 47 years old and have three kids. I worry I won't see the youngest two graduate.

Terry

Tery
    I am sorry please stay positive. I know it is easy to say than do,. I read that Zometa could help with bones.If you are believe in herbs please write me a personal message.
    Hugs,
    New Flower
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

Tery
    I am sorry please stay positive. I know it is easy to say than do,. I read that Zometa could help with bones.If you are believe in herbs please write me a personal message.
    Hugs,
    New Flower

I am so sorry. Please stay
    I am so sorry. Please stay positive and focus on beating this! We are here for support for you!

Megan
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Megan M said:

I am so sorry. Please stay
    I am so sorry. Please stay positive and focus on beating this! We are here for support for you!

Megan

Thanks for your support.
    Thanks for your support. I'm trying to stay positive, but the pain reminds me every minute that the fight is not over.
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    Options
    mom62 said:

Thanks for your support.
    Thanks for your support. I'm trying to stay positive, but the pain reminds me every minute that the fight is not over.

Crissy & mom62
    -So sorry for your news. I know someone who was dx with the same and it's been over 10 years and she's still as fiesty as ever. Just don't give up - stay strong - take care of yourself & let others take care of you as well!
    Know you are in our thoughts & prayers. Sending you positive energy & much love!
    -Jenny
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

It is not over
    Bone mets is often very treatable and women can survive a long time with it. Many oncologists treat it as a chronic condition to be managed throughout your life. I am sorry you are going through so much right now. I hope the rest of 2010 will bring better news and stable health.

Mimi

I am so sorry that your
    I am so sorry that your cancer came back. I will keep you in my prayers.
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Hi Crissy,
    I want to welcome you here although I hate the reason. I am glad you joined our wonderful and courageous siters here. I have found many answers, comfort, support and yes even laughter here. I have just finished my treatments and am on my 1 year anniversary. I know how disappointed and afraid you must be, but stick with us...you will fight and win again. You are in my prayers.
    Hugs, jackie
  • tlsmith2
    tlsmith2 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    breast cancer mets to liver
    Hi Crissy1234, I am sorry to hear about your mets. I was diagnosed in May 2004 with breast cancer, no nodes involved. Had mastectomy on right breast , reconstruction and all is well for 5 years to the day of original diagnosis. I had yearly pet scan and had a spot on my liver May 25, 2010. I had 5 inches of my liver resected and I am cancer free but always scared too death. I had 4 rounds of taxotere and 3 of adriamycin. I finished chemo October 27, 2010. I have to get ct scan on February 8, 2010. I am scared, it may be too soon to be afraid after chemo. But you never know. I had a BRACA test done, all was negative, praise the Lord!!!! My Oncologist says I have a 25% chance of not getting cancer again. Pretty high chance of it coming back but I try not to worry. I just turned 50 January 13, 2010 and I have so much life in me, I am living like today is my last. You must do the same. GOD has been so good to me, I will keep you in my prayers, you MUST pray hard everyday.

Terry In Mobile, AL
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Options
    So Sorry
    It's a worry and concern,I guess forever. Sighhh. What did you find out? Hope it's not bad.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    tlsmith2 said:

breast cancer mets to liver
    Hi Crissy1234, I am sorry to hear about your mets. I was diagnosed in May 2004 with breast cancer, no nodes involved. Had mastectomy on right breast , reconstruction and all is well for 5 years to the day of original diagnosis. I had yearly pet scan and had a spot on my liver May 25, 2010. I had 5 inches of my liver resected and I am cancer free but always scared too death. I had 4 rounds of taxotere and 3 of adriamycin. I finished chemo October 27, 2010. I have to get ct scan on February 8, 2010. I am scared, it may be too soon to be afraid after chemo. But you never know. I had a BRACA test done, all was negative, praise the Lord!!!! My Oncologist says I have a 25% chance of not getting cancer again. Pretty high chance of it coming back but I try not to worry. I just turned 50 January 13, 2010 and I have so much life in me, I am living like today is my last. You must do the same. GOD has been so good to me, I will keep you in my prayers, you MUST pray hard everyday.

Terry In Mobile, AL

Sending you hugs and prayers
    Sending you hugs and prayers Terry in Mobile and Crissy!

KYLEZ ♥
  • tlsmith2
    tlsmith2 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Kylez said:

Sending you hugs and prayers
    Sending you hugs and prayers Terry in Mobile and Crissy!

KYLEZ ♥

thanks so much Kylez, you know all it takes sometimes is just an encouraging word from someone that has been through it. :)

Terry In Mobile, AL
  • crissy1234
    crissy1234 Member Posts: 10
    Options
    mom62 said:

Me Too
    Hi,

I had bc in 2003 radical masectomy and chemo of 4 a/c 4 taxol and recurrance in 2009. They took out most of my sternum and part of three of my ribs. I had 6 rounds of chemo cytoxan and taxotere. My last round was on January 6, 2010. I just had a PET scan because I was having pain and they discovered bone mets in my third left rib and the lower part of my surgical sight on the right side. I'm scared to death myself. I want to live but obviously the chemo did nothing. The pathology report after my surgery was great no cancer, but obviously it had already moved around. Does anyone know the survival rates? I'm still fighting, having hormone therapy and taking arimidex but I have to say I have days when I'm just overwhelmed. I'm 47 years old and have three kids. I worry I won't see the youngest two graduate.

Terry

Mom 62 - I am going to have
    Mom 62 - I am going to have a lat flap and some of my breast bone or rib removed. How long was your surgery and how long did it take you to recover? I am like you scared - but hopeing for the best.
  • crissy1234
    crissy1234 Member Posts: 10
    Options
    mom62 said:

Me Too
    Hi,

Terry

Mom 62 - I am going to have
    Mom 62 - I am going to have a lat flap and some of my breast bone or rib removed. How long was your surgery and how long did it take you to recover? I am like you scared - but hopeing for the best.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Katz77 said:

So Sorry
    It's a worry and concern,I guess forever. Sighhh. What did you find out? Hope it's not bad.

I'm praying for you Crissy ...
    Hugs, prayers and hope - coming your way.

VickiSam
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    Crissy and Mom
    I am sorry to hear about your recurrance. Although I am still undergoing treatment, that is always in the back of my mind. I wish you all the best and as you have heard from some of the other ladies, you can survive it.

Forgive my ignorance but what exactly is Mets/

Take care.

P
  • newbiefromcananda
    newbiefromcananda Member Posts: 234
    Options
    so sorry ... I can't help
    so sorry ... I can't help with the bone mets but I have seen many woman on here who have had it for years .. my grandfather has had bone mets for 11 year and is doing great111 HOPE THIS HELPS (((HUGS)) LISA