Adrian and John??

dianetavegia
dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I haven't seen Adrian and John since just after Christmas. Are they away on a trip or does anyone know where they are? Hope John is okay!

Diane

Comments

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Ditto
    I've been thinking of both of them too and hoping all is going well for them both. Hope John is healing well and getting up and back to normal. Hope you both check in soon.

Kim
  • ittapp
    ittapp Member Posts: 383 Member
    I was just thinking of them
    I was just thinking of them also and wondering where they were. I got a very handsome Christmas card from the two of them. I hope everything is ok. If you read this guys, we miss you! Patti
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    I miss them too!
    Thanks Diane,
    I have been checking for them as well. I hope all is well with the two of you. We're thinking about you.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    I posted a 'hope
    I posted a 'hope everything's okay' on Adrian's Facebook page.
  • AceSFO
    AceSFO Member Posts: 229

I posted a 'hope
    I posted a 'hope everything's okay' on Adrian's Facebook page.

We're here!
    Hi guys,
    Thanks for the messages - I can't tell you how good it makes me feel. We were traveling from 12/26 - 1/4 (visiting each of our families) and have had a bunch of doctor appointments since we got back. John's pain has been getting much worse and it could either be good news (the dying tumor could be releasing toxins that irritate new tissue) or it could be that the tumor is growing again. He's going to start a third round of chemo next week - Irinotecan (which was really hard on him last time, but this time they'll use a much smaller dose and a pump) and 5FU. They'll monitor his CEA closely and if it doesn't go down, we'll stop the chemo.

Sorry to have dropped off so abruptly - it's just been so busy lately trying to stay on top of my work and going to so many appointments at Stanford, that neither of us has been on here much.

We're in good spirits though and loving life!

lots of love,
    Adrian
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    AceSFO said:

We're here!
    Hi guys,
    Thanks for the messages - I can't tell you how good it makes me feel. We were traveling from 12/26 - 1/4 (visiting each of our families) and have had a bunch of doctor appointments since we got back. John's pain has been getting much worse and it could either be good news (the dying tumor could be releasing toxins that irritate new tissue) or it could be that the tumor is growing again. He's going to start a third round of chemo next week - Irinotecan (which was really hard on him last time, but this time they'll use a much smaller dose and a pump) and 5FU. They'll monitor his CEA closely and if it doesn't go down, we'll stop the chemo.

Sorry to have dropped off so abruptly - it's just been so busy lately trying to stay on top of my work and going to so many appointments at Stanford, that neither of us has been on here much.

We're in good spirits though and loving life!

lots of love,
    Adrian

Good to hear from you
    I was wondering about you two. Glad you posted but so sorry John is not feeling well. Now I know you two are really busy but once in a while just write a short note. I'm not going to get mad at you for not checking in but just don't do it again, we care about you two way to much to wonder if something is really wrong. Take care - Tina
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    John and Adrian
    Hi John,
    So glad to hear you and Adrian had a good time with family. I too pray that the pain is caused from the tumor dieing. It's great to hear that you are loving life!

Take care and please let Adrian know we have been thinking about the two of you.

Aloha,
    Kathleen