INSURANCE

Options
lizziejane
lizziejane Member Posts: 69
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ANY INSURANCE WILL HELP PAY FOR BRAS AFTER A MASTECTOMY----I KNOW THAT MEDICARE WILL, BUT DO ANY REGULAR INSURANCE COMPANIES HELP YOUNGER PEOPLE PAY FOR BRAS?

Comments

• Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    Yes
    Mine does. I think it pays for like 4 bra's a year, something like that. Just call them and they will tell you what all they will pay for. Good Luck
  • shortscake
    shortscake Member Posts: 228
    Options
    social worker
    ask the social worker at your cancer center they would know.
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    My BCBS
    pays for 4 bras yrly. I am also on Medicare and they didn't pay anything and they were billed as well. Call your company, they will tell you, also call Medicare. Where I go the bras are approx. $40 each.

Hugs, Judy :-)
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Most Insurors Do
    My insurance pays for bras, and also breast prosthesis after mastectomy. Your insurance may require that your primary care doctor write a "prescription." Just call your insurance company and ask. There may be a specific amount that the insurance will allow per bra, as well as the number of bras per year.

Good luck,and if your insuror doesn't cover bras, you might check with the ACS. Their website shop has very affordable choices.
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Most Insurors Do
    My insurance pays for bras, and also breast prosthesis after mastectomy. Your insurance may require that your primary care doctor write a "prescription." Just call your insurance company and ask. There may be a specific amount that the insurance will allow per bra, as well as the number of bras per year.

Good luck,and if your insuror doesn't cover bras, you might check with the ACS. Their website shop has very affordable choices.

Check your ACS branch office
    Mine had some brand new ones that had been donated for FREE as well as some prosthesis to go with them. My insurance would have paid a portion, but since I had no clue what I was doing I took the help at the ACS and am glad I did. The people who work there are so sweet and helpful! Good luck.
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Options
    yes
    mine pays for 2 bras a year call your insurance
  • lafera12
    lafera12 Member Posts: 63
    Options
    ladybug22 said:

yes
    mine pays for 2 bras a year call your insurance

bras
    my insurance company pays for 3 bras every six months. At first I couldn't understand why but now its because the pockets get stretched out of shape...
  • Bill.S
    Bill.S Member Posts: 177
    Options
    bras
    My local ACS office has a "store" where they give away for free- wigs, bras, prostetics.
    But alass none of that helped me at all.
    Bill S.