Options
13»

Comments

• TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Hey LA Sister~you weren't
    Hey LA Sister~you weren't talking about me, were you? If so, now I apolgize to you!!! I know I have said I am thankful that we live in in a time/place with treatment available, and that I am glad this isn't the 1800's. If that seemed dismissive, I am soooo sorry; I would never do that intentionally. I need to take a creative writing class~ my words are dooming me!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Claudia, remember that Carly Simon song?
    Claudia, I have to say I'm gently laughing at you just a little right now, and singing that old Carly Simon song to myself: "You're so vain...you probably think this post is about you, don't you?" :-) :-) :-)

I've never been the least offended by your expressing your own feeling of gratitude that we have the treatments available to us that we do -- I admire your attitude of gratitude, and I can't remember a time that you've ever tried to tell any of us how we "should" feel.

Okay, NOW I'm offended -- because now I can't get that $%^*& song out of my head!!

:-) Traci
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Claudia, remember that Carly Simon song?
    Claudia, I have to say I'm gently laughing at you just a little right now, and singing that old Carly Simon song to myself: "You're so vain...you probably think this post is about you, don't you?" :-) :-) :-)

I've never been the least offended by your expressing your own feeling of gratitude that we have the treatments available to us that we do -- I admire your attitude of gratitude, and I can't remember a time that you've ever tried to tell any of us how we "should" feel.

Okay, NOW I'm offended -- because now I can't get that $%^*& song out of my head!!

:-) Traci

Turn About Is Fair Play!
    LOL ok~ I was in "ANTICIPATION " of your answer...and I am not only hearing another Carly Simon song, but I am envisioning a ketchup commercial too!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Dot53 said:

Calleen
    No worries.. I was just somewhat overly sensitive and negative back then.. when I went back and reread your post I can see how you meant that now.. I think at the time I felt like I was drowning and just wanted to grab onto someone..

Thanks for taking the time to respond..
    Dot

Kari,
    You need to continue

Kari,
    You need to continue to come on here and speak your mind. That is what this site is all about. A place we are safe to whine, complain, B**ch, celebrate, rejoice, give vent to fears. We all react differently to what others say to us but our feelings are just that our feelings. I felt you were asking us what we thought of "the your color is good" comment. It could have been that she expected you to look grey, green, pale and pasty and there you were looking just lovely. But her intent doesn't diminish how you felt about the remark. Hell, if we are feeling crappy then someone could say, Wow, you look terrific, and it could bother us. We might wonder, are they being sarcastic, are they blind, or are they just trying to make me feel better? I don't think of it as whining, bit**ng, or complaining when anyone brings us their feelings. I think of it as sharing with friends. And friends listen and help if they can. We have all probably put our feet in our mouths, both in the outer world and in here. Hopefully we can resolve it and go on. But no one should feel they have to hold back. Otherwise this board becomes useless. So speak up, sisters.
    Stef
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    natly15 said:

So much has been said. As
    So much has been said. As Chen so eloquently calls us, we are all kindred spirits, walking a very difficult walk. Our emotions are raw, our bodies are worn, but we are survivors, warriors and wounded healers. We all have "those days" and I pray we not judge but accept each other exactly where we are at. It warms my heart that so many of us have responded so positively to something that appeared negative. Our hearts are definitely in the right places. May God Bless each and everyone of us as we walk towards health.

I think a lot of us say the
    I think a lot of us say the wrong thing on here at times, and, we don't see it. But, there are also some that write words that they have to know aren't right. I am sorry Kari if you felt one bit of hurt. You vent on here anytime as the rest of us do. Just ignore some as I do...It works.

Angie
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Options
    Chen Chen Chen, no no no,
    Chen Chen Chen, no no no, you never said anything offensive...never have, I love reading what you write!! Your words actually helped clear things up a bit. The offensive words were "sisters quit your b!tchen" and if I remember correctly another said something about a accepting a compliment and "sheesh" pretty rude. That was it, only two of the many posts were rude, please everyone else know I take advice well and the rest of the post were fine. Anyhow, the overwhelming response on here has been wonderful, I will be here and posting as often as I can, you are all my lifeline right now. Thank you for making me feel so welcome and giving me so much wonderful advice. I know this chemo does a number on us and we do have the roller coaster emotions that get out of hand at times and I can totally understand that maybe someone was having a bad day. Chen, you are amazing, I want you to know I enjoy each and every one of your posts and replies, you have an awesome way with words and your writing technique is.....well, you should be an author, or are you?
    Tons of Love and Peace to ALL of you,
    Kari
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

Sorry Kari if I said
    Sorry Kari if I said something that offended you. I didn't mean to. Just stating my opinion. You should continue to state your mind also. Sometimes I say things and I'm misunderstood. Didn't mean anything negative to you. I reread what I wrote and tried to see how it could be taken wrong. Sorry.

Marcia, you never said
    Marcia, you never said anything offensive!! Your opinion was valued and thank you for your replies.
    Peace and Love,
    ~Kari
  • Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Other post
    Kari,

I didn't read your other post (until now) and can see how that one post could have bothered you. When I first started posting on this site there were a few times when the replies people posted made me feel stupid or unwanted and I just wanted to go away and cry. I gave this some thought and realized that this forum (just like any other part of life) has all different people with different experiences and backgrounds.

There are some people I work with who I just expect to say stupid or hurtful things because that is how they are. I don't let what comes out of their mouths bother me because I know I am better than they think and their rude comments often come from being insecure.

This forum is a place to vent, get angry, unload feelings and celebrate. I hope you use this forum when you need to connect with others who are going through the same (or similar) situations. I am very glad that you found this site and I hope you keep posting (no matter what some people say).

Wolfi
  • crselby
    crselby Member Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Be careful what you ask for
    They care and they try
    But nothing gets by
    The darkness that covers your sky.

You’re touchy it’s true
    From the chemical brew
    And we support you, this Pink Sister crew.

Complain as you may
    About all people say
    And post here how you felt that day.

They are part of your day
    And try as they may
    Do you see how you push them away?

Their intentions were good,
    But you misunderstood.
    “Do say nothing is what I wish you would.”

Compliments you curse
    Stupidity is worse
    The best response you think of is terse.

She sees things differently
    And hopes to help you see.
    Is it compassion or stupidity?

A point of view you don’t share
    Will get slammed then and there.
    Of your hurt you make us aware.

So you vent and you post
    Support you we must.
    Her point’s lost in the indignant dust.

Is this about “Us versus Them”?
    Heaven help you then
    ‘Cuz we’re all of the human ken.

You feel fear and pain
    I won’t post here again.
    Complainers win, silence will reign.
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Wolfi said:

Other post
    Kari,

I didn't read your other post (until now) and can see how that one post could have bothered you. When I first started posting on this site there were a few times when the replies people posted made me feel stupid or unwanted and I just wanted to go away and cry. I gave this some thought and realized that this forum (just like any other part of life) has all different people with different experiences and backgrounds.

There are some people I work with who I just expect to say stupid or hurtful things because that is how they are. I don't let what comes out of their mouths bother me because I know I am better than they think and their rude comments often come from being insecure.

This forum is a place to vent, get angry, unload feelings and celebrate. I hope you use this forum when you need to connect with others who are going through the same (or similar) situations. I am very glad that you found this site and I hope you keep posting (no matter what some people say).

Wolfi

Well said Wolfi!
    To let a few insensitive people to stop one from coming here is awful.......I didn't let it stop me, just found others who were TRULY supportive....THAT"S WHAT THIS BOARD IS FOR.......TO share, cry, ask for help, vent, what ever......I've always held to the principal, if you can't say anything nice then be quiet......
    Again, well said Wolfi!
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

Well said Wolfi!
    To let a few insensitive people to stop one from coming here is awful.......I didn't let it stop me, just found others who were TRULY supportive....THAT"S WHAT THIS BOARD IS FOR.......TO share, cry, ask for help, vent, what ever......I've always held to the principal, if you can't say anything nice then be quiet......
    Again, well said Wolfi!

That's right Wolfi and Majw!
    That's right Wolfi and Majw! I agree totally!

:)