My beautiful wife is gone

Options
2»

Comments

• jbug
    jbug Member Posts: 285
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss...
    Your loss is truly devastating. You and your children will be in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless...
  • Tinabug
    Tinabug Member Posts: 158
    Options
    So sorry for your loss
    I am truly sorry for the loss of your lovely wife. I wish I could say something to ease your pain, but I know there aren't any words to make you feel better, only time will help the pain. You & your children will be in my prayers.

God bless you,
    Tina
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181
    Options
    Prayers are with you.
    My heart hurts for you.I always get so sad to hear that someone lost their life to this horible beast of B.C.I can not imagine how hard this is for you and your children.My mothers favorite saying was one day at a time.I have lost my Mother,dad ,two sisters and friends to B.C.I will Pray for you and your children.I would think time would help.God Bless you.Please keep in touch with us on this sight on how you are doing.(Pat).
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Options
    a special wife and mother
    i am so sorry for yore lose. we lost a grandson age5mons God takes the special ones first.your wife was a very special person.I am sorry you had to post this but thank you for letting us in on your love story
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Options
    So sorry for your loss--Hugs
    So sorry for your loss--Hugs & prayers sent your way...
  • Maize
    Maize Member Posts: 76
    Options
    May God bless you
    I lost my husband when my son was 5 years old. He (my husband) was injured in an industrial accident and struggled almost 6 months before he died. I felt as you do now. I can tell you that as time passes, it will be easier to bear. My son kept me going because I knew I needed to be here for him. Every one has to go through their own grief process, there is no easy way about it. I am now diagnosed with breast cancer. This discussion board helps me get through the process. I also count my blessings. Even during these times, I have a lot to be thankful for. I will keep you in my prayers. Keep you head up.

Maize
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Your wounds are so new and
    Your wounds are so new and so raw~ bless your heart for seeking this place out and wanting to avail yourself of our words.

Though many of us have lost spouses, parents, children and grandchildren, and the pain is so devastating , when it happens to us personally it does take our breath away and throws us completely off-kilter.

There is truly not anything I can add to the caring, loving advice you have already gotten here on these boards. I do hope you avail yourself of grief counseling and that you and your children can bond even closer than you already are.

Feel free to come in anytime...we are so sorry that you needed to find us, but we are honored to help ease your pain as much as we can.

Peace to you and your children,
    Chen♥
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    My deepest sympathies to you and yours.
    I am so sorry for your loss. How difficult it must be for you and your loved ones. I pray God surround you and your family with kind, loving, and supportive family and friends who will be there for you now and tomorrow. God bless.
    BL
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Options

My deepest sympathies to you and yours.
    I am so sorry for your loss. How difficult it must be for you and your loved ones. I pray God surround you and your family with kind, loving, and supportive family and friends who will be there for you now and tomorrow. God bless.
    BL

Loss, at any age, is difficult for those left behind...
    I know it is not the same, but I lost my father-in-law just before he turned 63, after a long battle with brain cancer. He was like a father to me. My daughter was only 2 and 1/2 when he passed away, but I have told her stories, her entire life, about her grandfather and she feels as though she knows him well. She has only a few pictures of her grandfather, but the stories are alive in her heart.

As the others have said, your children will know your wife, their mother, through the stories you tell and the pictures you share with them. Your children will be there to comfort you as you reach out to comfort them. It will be, perhaps, the greatest challenge you will ever have to face, but be thankful that you are here to fill your chilren's hearts with loving memories of their mother and know that this is a precious gift that you give to them. Even when your heart is breaking, there is so much to give to those you love.

My thoughts and prayers for you and your children.
    dmc
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss.
    I am so sorry for your loss. Time will heal your wounds, right now you need to grieve with your children. Keep her alive in your hearts. Tell the children stories so that they too will have beautiful memories of their mom. Many heartfelt prayers are going your way. Hugs, Lili
  • Taina
    Taina Member Posts: 166
    Options
    i'm so sorry to hear about your loss
    Hello, I'm sorry to hear about your loss.
    My prayers are with you and your family.
    Take one day out a time, get professional help
    for you and your children. Talk to your kids and
    be honest with them. Don'thide your feeling.
    Your wife and there mother is in a better place now,
    with no pain, watching over you all. I'm sure she
    didn't wanted to leave yet. You have a big job
    on your hands to race your children and i hope you
    have a great family/friends support group.
    Contact the American Cancer Soceity and Susan Kowen's
    foundation, they have support groupd and also as your children
    start on going to college there are also scholarships for children
    where there parents have died of breast cancer.
    May the Lord give you the strength you need and your family.
  • j619_30
    j619_30 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you all for your
    Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. My kids and I are eternally grateful for caring and loving people such as yourselves. I know that time will heal us. Its just hard to believe she is gone at such a young age. She was 36. My 6 yr old continually asks me "why didn't mommy tell me bye" and it is everything that I can do to keep from breaking down right then. I know it will pass, and I know that I will be able to go on. Just know that your words are extremely encouraging and very helpful. It is a wonderful feeling knowing that there are people out there who are supportive and do care.
    Thank you and God bless you all...
  • sweetvickid
    sweetvickid Member Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    j619_30 said:

Thank you all for your
    Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. My kids and I are eternally grateful for caring and loving people such as yourselves. I know that time will heal us. Its just hard to believe she is gone at such a young age. She was 36. My 6 yr old continually asks me "why didn't mommy tell me bye" and it is everything that I can do to keep from breaking down right then. I know it will pass, and I know that I will be able to go on. Just know that your words are extremely encouraging and very helpful. It is a wonderful feeling knowing that there are people out there who are supportive and do care.

my sympathies
    I hope th epoem below will bring you come comfort. Know that your wife having cancer was not the will of God but rather just life.

The Will of God will never take you
    Where the Grace of God cannot keep you
    Where the Arms of God cannot support you
    Where the Riches of God cannot support your needs
    Where the Power of God cannot endow you.
    Where the Spirit of God cannot work through you
    Where the Wisdom of God cannot teach you
    Where the Army of God cannot protect you
    Where the Hands of God cannot mold you.
    Where the Love of God cannot enfold you
    Where the Mercies of God cannot sustain you
    Where the Peace of God cannot calm your fears
    Where the Authority of God cannot overrule you.
    Where the Comfort of God cannot dry your tears
    Where the Word of God cannot feed you
    Where the Miracles of God cannot be done for you
    Where the omnipresence of God cannot find you.
  • sweetvickid
    sweetvickid Member Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    j619_30 said:

Thank you all for your

my sympathies
    I hope th epoem below will bring you come comfort. Know that your wife having cancer was not the will of God but rather just life.

Where the Grace of God cannot keep you
    Where the Arms of God cannot support you
    Where the Riches of God cannot support your needs
    Where the Power of God cannot endow you.
    Where the Spirit of God cannot work through you
    Where the Wisdom of God cannot teach you
    Where the Army of God cannot protect you
    Where the Hands of God cannot mold you.
    Where the Love of God cannot enfold you
    Where the Mercies of God cannot sustain you
    Where the Peace of God cannot calm your fears
    Where the Authority of God cannot overrule you.
    Where the Comfort of God cannot dry your tears
    Where the Word of God cannot feed you
    Where the Miracles of God cannot be done for you
    Where the omnipresence of God cannot find you.
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    I am so very sorry for your
    I am so very sorry for your loss. I cannot even imagine your pain. I don't understand why things like this happen. My heart breaks for you and your children. I hope that you have family and friends that can help you with day to day things. I humbly suggest that perhaps the help of a couselor or parish clergyman could help. When I was suffering emotionally over the death of my Dad, a counselor was helpful. It must have been very painful for your wife as she had to leave her family, but she is not in pain anymore. She is counting on you now to make it through and I am sure she is watching over you and the kids. I will keep you in my prayers. Blessings, Eileen
  • LC815
    LC815 Member Posts: 155
    Options
    I can only offer a prayer:
    Jesus; in Your name I ask it…give this family peace and fill them with the comforter in the loss of their loved one; mend their broken hearts. Surround them with loving, giving friends and family that give them love all around them. Strengthen them mentally and physically and spiritually in Jesus’ name. Amen.
  • Chris78
    Chris78 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi there,
    I came across your

Hi there,
    I came across your post, and want to say how very sorry I am for your (and your children's) loss. I know my words can't possibly touch the pain you must be feeling right now, but I hope and pray that peace and comfort will surround you during this very difficult time.

Your wife sounded like a beautiful, brave, strong and courageous woman, wife, and mother. It sounds like she fought til the end. Never stop telling the children how brave and wonderful their mother was - keep her in their hearts as long as they live, and encourage them to look to her as a huge example in their lives.

I, too, am a single and only-surviving parent to my daughter (her father committed suicide) 6 years ago. I've also endured many losses in my life, so I do understand. If you'd ever like to talk, vent, need a shoulder to cry on, ANYTHING - feel free to email me anytime. myarielkatherine@yahoo.com You don't know me, but I'm here for you.

Cancer is an evil, undiscriminating beast, and one of these days we WILL find a cure so that we can stop this senseless loss of lives. Live for your children with your wife in your hearts - and know how many people are sending comforting thoughts and prayers your way.

My sincere condolences today and always,

Christine, 31, Wisconsin
  • e_hope
    e_hope Member Posts: 370
    Options
    I am so deeply sorry for
    I am so deeply sorry for your lost. My god give you strength during this very difficult time.
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options
    e_hope said:

I am so deeply sorry for
    I am so deeply sorry for your lost. My god give you strength during this very difficult time.

I can't add anything that
    I can't add anything that hasn't already been said. Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you and your children during this very difficult and sad time. Your wife fought the good fight, she is now at peace and without pain. As much as we want our loved ones to live, sometimes we have to say goodbye for now and let them go. May God give you the strength, love and courage to be the best you can be for yourself and your children. May He heal your wounds and sometime in the future I pray the sun shines again for all of you and you can find joy in your life.
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    We lost my niece when she
    We lost my niece when she was 17. Her little sister, 8 at the time, was affected more than we realized. However, her Mom got her into grief counseling. My niece, now a lovely young woman of 24, is a grief counselor for children. She states simply that counseling saved her, and she knew from age 8 that she wanted to help children like her.
    So, with my deepest sympathies, my best advice is prayer, talking together and grief counseling.

Sue