Need prayers

Options
pgrace35
pgrace35 Member Posts: 122
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My girlfriend has battled this awful disease twice, she has been in remission for 3 yrs. Came to my aid when I was diagnosed. I got word yesterday it's back again and now has spread to many other parts of her body. I'm devastated, angry and feel completely helpless, I hate the damn disease, it has haunted me my whole life, I just want to help her so, I just don't know how now. Can't imagine what she is going through, it completely breaks my heart.

Comments

• Myshell
    Myshell Member Posts: 31
    Options
    I'm soo sorry. I will pray
    I'm soo sorry. I will pray for you both..blessings and hugs to you.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Myshell said:

I'm soo sorry. I will pray
    I'm soo sorry. I will pray for you both..blessings and hugs to you.

Sending prayers. This is
    Sending prayers. This is what we all fear.

HUGS
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    I have no platitudes for
    I have no platitudes for you....I know that nothing said can possibly make you or your girlfriend feel emotionally better right now. I cannot begin to imagine the devastation you are experiencing, so I won't try.

I just wanted to send you both cyber hugs from afar, and, when you feel up to it, encourage you to look at something on YouTube. It is a 3 minute movie, which does not preach or sell, or ask you to join anything! It is, though, empowering and strong, and may give you a glimmer of hope. It is by The Cancer Crusade, and they have put their movie on YouTube. If you go to YouTube and then search for The Survivor Movie, it will pop up.

My heart is with you both...

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • pgrace35
    Options
    chenheart said:

I have no platitudes for
    I have no platitudes for you....I know that nothing said can possibly make you or your girlfriend feel emotionally better right now. I cannot begin to imagine the devastation you are experiencing, so I won't try.

I just wanted to send you both cyber hugs from afar, and, when you feel up to it, encourage you to look at something on YouTube. It is a 3 minute movie, which does not preach or sell, or ask you to join anything! It is, though, empowering and strong, and may give you a glimmer of hope. It is by The Cancer Crusade, and they have put their movie on YouTube. If you go to YouTube and then search for The Survivor Movie, it will pop up.

My heart is with you both...

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Thanks
    I have viewed that video so many times. I'm taking work off early before my radiation treatment to see her. I found out it's now in her lungs and she is in the hospital. I need to be strong for her and not show her my tears, but I don't know how.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    pgrace35 said:

Thanks
    I have viewed that video so many times. I'm taking work off early before my radiation treatment to see her. I found out it's now in her lungs and she is in the hospital. I need to be strong for her and not show her my tears, but I don't know how.

You are more than welcome,
    You are more than welcome, I'm glad you have seen The Survivor Movie....and again I am so sorry this is happening to both of you. I don't even know how strong you need to be for her if that means holding back the tears. I recall being told that we should never be afraid to cry with/for someone if it shows how much we love them.

Bless your heart; I know this makes your treatment even more difficult.

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • pgrace35
    Options
    chenheart said:

You are more than welcome,
    You are more than welcome, I'm glad you have seen The Survivor Movie....and again I am so sorry this is happening to both of you. I don't even know how strong you need to be for her if that means holding back the tears. I recall being told that we should never be afraid to cry with/for someone if it shows how much we love them.

Bless your heart; I know this makes your treatment even more difficult.

Hugs,
    Chen♥

You are so right
    Thanks again, I will get my tears out now, before I go. She is so strong and always has been, it's truly amazing. And your right, I believe I have been such a mess all morning because it does effect me in my treatment as well. You just wonder will it come back.
  • newbiefromcananda
    newbiefromcananda Member Posts: 234
    Options
    my prayers are with you
    my prayers are with you xxoxooxox (((hugs))) Just be their for her..... we are all here for the both of you xoxoxox Lisa
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    So sorry
    to hear this discouraging news.

My positive thoughts and prayers are with both of you as she faces this recurrence, with you by her side and rest of us sending our love through the ethernet to give her strength and courage.

(((HUGS)))
    Cindy
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    so sorry
    No words can make you feel better, I know. You are doing all you can by just being with your friend, and she will always remember that. I don't think there's a greater gift than your presence and quiet comfort. Please also take of yourself through this. Other people's (especially close friends and relatives) diagnosis' can really being back a lot of demons in our own lives. I am hoping they can find a treatment that will stablize your friend's cancer for years to come.

Mimi
  • tat2granny
    tat2granny Member Posts: 77
    Options
    mimivac said:

so sorry
    No words can make you feel better, I know. You are doing all you can by just being with your friend, and she will always remember that. I don't think there's a greater gift than your presence and quiet comfort. Please also take of yourself through this. Other people's (especially close friends and relatives) diagnosis' can really being back a lot of demons in our own lives. I am hoping they can find a treatment that will stablize your friend's cancer for years to come.

Mimi

Prayers
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your girlfriend. I commend you on your love and caring for her. I only wish I had a friend like you in my life! Friends like you only come around once in your life. Stay strong knowing we are all here if you need us.
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your
    So sorry to hear about your friend. I'm of the mind though to never give up. There could be a new treatment, clinical trial, a miracle. In the meantime I would just be there as much as possible. Just having people who love you there to hug you, or even just sit and keep you company is a comfort. Tc, Eil
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    Eil4186 said:

So sorry to hear about your
    So sorry to hear about your friend. I'm of the mind though to never give up. There could be a new treatment, clinical trial, a miracle. In the meantime I would just be there as much as possible. Just having people who love you there to hug you, or even just sit and keep you company is a comfort. Tc, Eil

Sending my thoughts and
    Sending my thoughts and prayers.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    I just read your post and am
    I just read your post and am sending my most positive thoughts your way. This is the one thing that we all have in common....the fear of this beast returning. Your friend has battled and won twice, she can do it again. Remember, there are women on this board that have battled cancer numerous times, and WON!! I truly believe a positive attitude helps. We'll be with you and know that my heart goes out to your both!! Good luck and take care.
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Options
    Thoughts, prayers, hugs, and
    Thoughts, prayers, hugs, and all the like coming your way. YIKES, I don't even know what to say other than what an amazing friend you are. Your friend can get through this, many woman do. My only words of wisdom are stay positive, focus on her getting through this and last but not least TAKE CARE OF YOU. There are a lot of people out there that could use a friend like you and let your tears go honey, it shows how much you care. My heart goes out to you, I'm giving you big cyber hugs right now and a prayer is on its way up.
    Peace and Love,
    ~Kari~
  • pgrace35
    Options

Thoughts, prayers, hugs, and
    Thoughts, prayers, hugs, and all the like coming your way. YIKES, I don't even know what to say other than what an amazing friend you are. Your friend can get through this, many woman do. My only words of wisdom are stay positive, focus on her getting through this and last but not least TAKE CARE OF YOU. There are a lot of people out there that could use a friend like you and let your tears go honey, it shows how much you care. My heart goes out to you, I'm giving you big cyber hugs right now and a prayer is on its way up.
    Peace and Love,
    ~Kari~

Thanks !!
    I can't tell all of you how much I appreciate you. I know I can come here when things are tough and reading all of your feed back makes me push on and feel so much better. Thanks to you all!
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    pgrace35 said:

Thanks !!
    I can't tell all of you how much I appreciate you. I know I can come here when things are tough and reading all of your feed back makes me push on and feel so much better. Thanks to you all!

Sending prayers!

Sending prayers!
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Prayers
    Oh I am so sorry to hear this.I have a best friend also and she has like your friend been their for me.I would vent and cry and get it out.So you can be strong for her and yourself.I know sometimes I get tired of having to be strong.But you can do this for your friend.Prayers are with you and your friend.(Pat).
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Sending warm hugs to you both....
    I have a friend that is stage 4, and every once in awhile I hear "It's back..." My response? Well, we will battle it again, and defeat it again!!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • teresa41
    teresa41 Member Posts: 471
    Options
    KathiM said:

Sending warm hugs to you both....
    I have a friend that is stage 4, and every once in awhile I hear "It's back..." My response? Well, we will battle it again, and defeat it again!!!!

Hugs, Kathi

sending a prayer
    sending a prayer!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    teresa41 said:

sending a prayer
    sending a prayer!

sending prayers for her
    sending prayers for her recovery and your strength. We will support you!