ITCHY RED FACE

carkris
carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My face and neck have been like sandpaper very dry irritated red and itchy. kept me awake last night. I was using a moisturizer but it doesnt seem to help anymore called a dermatologist waiting for an answer. Anything you guys use? I am at the end of taxol and at the end of the week, I think its the taxol but not an allergic reaction. no hives.

Comments

• cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    I had something like that
    after my first chemo, but I had also started using a different facial moisturizer that I'd gotten for Christmas about that time. I stopped using the new creams and just started slathering aloe on my face and it cleared up after a few days.

Good luck,
    Cindy
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I like Aveeno anti itch
    I like Aveeno anti itch cream~ their body wash, bath soak and creams are all made with colloidal oatmeal which is so very soothing. Itching is a horrible feeling, isn't it?
    I hope you get well FAST!
    Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    chenheart said:

I like Aveeno anti itch
    I like Aveeno anti itch cream~ their body wash, bath soak and creams are all made with colloidal oatmeal which is so very soothing. Itching is a horrible feeling, isn't it?
    I hope you get well FAST!
    Hugs,
    Chen♥

Aveeno
    I agree with Chen. Aveeno is the best~try it. I had a reaction on my hands and arms -itched like crazy!
  • scout5000
    scout5000 Member Posts: 94 Member
    Taxol
    Taxol made my face pink and hot for at least a week after each treatment, also not considered an allergic reaction. I never found anything to help but it went away as soon as I finished with chemo. People thought I looked healthier with this "glow", ha.
  • carkris
    scout5000 said:

Taxol
    Taxol made my face pink and hot for at least a week after each treatment, also not considered an allergic reaction. I never found anything to help but it went away as soon as I finished with chemo. People thought I looked healthier with this "glow", ha.

I get taxol every week and
    I get taxol every week and yes since I've lost weight and my face is pink people always say how good I look. I have lost 60 pds since diagnosis in may 48 on chemo. that is not healthy although ultimately i hope to keep it off. I have a rash on my face! I dont want the sympathy, but Ihope people get why i am not around and dont see people. I am going to PT to just be able to get around. I have no STAMINA ,This is the sickest I have ever been. (GI issues) It is ironic and Ihave to laugh. I will get some aveeno tomorrow. thanks everyone
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    carkris said:

I get taxol every week and
    I get taxol every week and yes since I've lost weight and my face is pink people always say how good I look. I have lost 60 pds since diagnosis in may 48 on chemo. that is not healthy although ultimately i hope to keep it off. I have a rash on my face! I dont want the sympathy, but Ihope people get why i am not around and dont see people. I am going to PT to just be able to get around. I have no STAMINA ,This is the sickest I have ever been. (GI issues) It is ironic and Ihave to laugh. I will get some aveeno tomorrow. thanks everyone

taxol
    Within a few days of my first taxol infusion ... my back broke out in hives and they itched like crazy. Then a few days later the tops of my hands got all red and itched and burned. I wanted to just scratch the skin off the tops of my hands. My oncologist sent me to a dermatologist and she gave me stuff for all the skin problems (by then my hair was gone and I had little red itchy bumps on my head too) ... so ... anyway ... she fixed me up with a bunch of tubes of different stuff ... and it wasn't long before the itching and burning and redness went away. Thank goodness!

hugs.
    teena
  • carkris
    tgf said:

taxol
    Within a few days of my first taxol infusion ... my back broke out in hives and they itched like crazy. Then a few days later the tops of my hands got all red and itched and burned. I wanted to just scratch the skin off the tops of my hands. My oncologist sent me to a dermatologist and she gave me stuff for all the skin problems (by then my hair was gone and I had little red itchy bumps on my head too) ... so ... anyway ... she fixed me up with a bunch of tubes of different stuff ... and it wasn't long before the itching and burning and redness went away. Thank goodness!

hugs.
    teena

onc says its a rash from the
    onc says its a rash from the taxol and will go away quickly after taxol is done. i have a call into the dermatologist. Onc suggested hydrocortisone or benadry. i wanted to try the aveeno. did not make it to the store for the aveeno. needed to get home after chemo and Husband is not good at picking that out. I will sort this out.