DCIS and BRCA connection

crselby
crselby Member Posts: 441 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Dr. Susan Love wrote THE book(s) on breast cancer. Letting you know that an important research study was brought to my attention by her organization, The Army of Women Research Foundation. There is very little known about how DCIS progresses. A woman PhD, MD at Yale University is looking for women whose first breast cancer diagnosis was DCIS (regardless of whether they had subsequent other cancers) and know their BRCA 1 and 2 results. The study would involve a phone call and receiving questions in the mail. If this applies, they told me to go to Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation at www.ArmyofWomen.org. It will be very hard to find enough women who fit this description, but the study results will be life changing for people like me. ~~Connie~~

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    I joined the Army of Women
    I joined the Army of Women organization a few months back. I haven't actually taken part in any of the research projects yet, and I don't qualify for this one, but I think the idea is wonderful. I plan to participate in their HOW project. I think this is an organization that we ALL need to consider joining.
  • Kirangel33
    Kirangel33 Member Posts: 1
    BRCA and DCIS

It is now 7 years after the above post but I fit the criteria mentioned.  I was diagnosed with DCIS 3 years ago and have just found out I have mutations in BRCA1 and 2.  If you want to get n touch please do!