Getting there

merrywinner
merrywinner Member Posts: 626 Member
I had round 5 of R CHOP yesterday and only 1 to go!! All went fairly well just a little tired. Hope all is well with everyone.

Comments

• ajc09
    ajc09 Member Posts: 8
    That's great news. No better
    That's great news. No better feeling when your finished #6. Congrats
  • merrywinner
    ajc09 said:

That's great news. No better
    That's great news. No better feeling when your finished #6. Congrats

I can hardly wait
    Thank you so much. I will be so happy to be finished. Sounds like you know? Has it gone ok for you?
    Mary
  • ajc09

I can hardly wait
    Thank you so much. I will be so happy to be finished. Sounds like you know? Has it gone ok for you?
    Mary

Yes it has. It was tough
    Yes it has. It was tough after the last treatment. Then my strength would come back more and more each week. Now I am back to work and trying to get back to living. I hope the same for you.
  • winthefight
    winthefight Member Posts: 162

I can hardly wait
    Mary

Great job
    HI,

Great job, Merry....

Congrats to you! I have had 7 tmts of R-CHOP so, I do know how exciting it is to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Keep up the good work! You are doing just fine!
  • winthefight
    winthefight Member Posts: 162
    ajc09 said:

Yes it has. It was tough
    Yes it has. It was tough after the last treatment. Then my strength would come back more and more each week. Now I am back to work and trying to get back to living. I hope the same for you.

work
    Good for you Ajc....

How is it going back to work? I am so anxious to return to the workforce....but nervous about the transition.

I agree with you....my strength returned a little more as the treatments continued. It was a wild ride indeed! Glad it's over!
  • merrywinner

Great job
    HI,

Great job, Merry....

Congrats to you! I have had 7 tmts of R-CHOP so, I do know how exciting it is to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Keep up the good work! You are doing just fine!

Thanks ajc and win
    Thanks to both of you. It's nice to chat with ppl that know how this is, the ups and downs etc. But onward we go. Good luck with returning to work win, I know it will go just fine and by lunchtime on day one it will probably feel like you never left. Don't let the tired scare you though! It takes awhile to build up the stamina. Did you have much trouble ajc? I have tried to continue to work doing all of this but I've missed allot. My employer has been great tough. How long did it take after that last treatment to start approaching some familiar feelings of normal? I have the last one on 1-26,then MD wants me back 4-6 wks later for a CAT and then at some point start rituxan every 3 months and see how long we get. I don't want to worry about that but can feel that it could be an issue that I'm keeping a lid on. Sorry this is so long-winded. Can anyone tell my Prednisone is showing? Thanks again and all the very best to you both. Mary
  • ajc09

work
    Good for you Ajc....

How is it going back to work? I am so anxious to return to the workforce....but nervous about the transition.

I agree with you....my strength returned a little more as the treatments continued. It was a wild ride indeed! Glad it's over!

It's great getting back to
    It's great getting back to work. Nice to feel vital again, not just a patient.
  • ajc09

Thanks ajc and win
    Thanks to both of you. It's nice to chat with ppl that know how this is, the ups and downs etc. But onward we go. Good luck with returning to work win, I know it will go just fine and by lunchtime on day one it will probably feel like you never left. Don't let the tired scare you though! It takes awhile to build up the stamina. Did you have much trouble ajc? I have tried to continue to work doing all of this but I've missed allot. My employer has been great tough. How long did it take after that last treatment to start approaching some familiar feelings of normal? I have the last one on 1-26,then MD wants me back 4-6 wks later for a CAT and then at some point start rituxan every 3 months and see how long we get. I don't want to worry about that but can feel that it could be an issue that I'm keeping a lid on. Sorry this is so long-winded. Can anyone tell my Prednisone is showing? Thanks again and all the very best to you both. Mary

It was tough at first. I was
    It was tough at first. I was tired just getting to work. But I got passed it and now it's like I never left. It took me two months before I started to feel normal. Takes time so don't get down on yourself.Good luck to you.
  • merrywinner
    ajc09 said:

It was tough at first. I was
    It was tough at first. I was tired just getting to work. But I got passed it and now it's like I never left. It took me two months before I started to feel normal. Takes time so don't get down on yourself.Good luck to you.

Thank you
    Thanks for your comments, its always a day brightener and gives me strength which on some levels seems in short supply right now. I don't know if that's because I'm near the end and am just wore out or what. It seemed that about 2 hours into my last infusion (5 of 6) I started not feeling well and haven't felt very good since. I ended up getting a bad cold the day after but with the Prednisone it was hard to tell until I was finished with that and then it hit like gangbusters. They now have me on antibiotics. I am now dreading that final treatment because I feel so weakened while at the same time so wanting to be done! Also I seem to cry at the drop of a hat(no pun intended)which is not like me its just so odd. I can't trust myself to not get weepy without warning. I spoke to my primary MD about it when I was in for the cold and she was not concerned and felt it was to be expected. As always my very best to you. Mary
  • yesyes2
    yesyes2 Member Posts: 591

Thank you
    Thanks for your comments, its always a day brightener and gives me strength which on some levels seems in short supply right now. I don't know if that's because I'm near the end and am just wore out or what. It seemed that about 2 hours into my last infusion (5 of 6) I started not feeling well and haven't felt very good since. I ended up getting a bad cold the day after but with the Prednisone it was hard to tell until I was finished with that and then it hit like gangbusters. They now have me on antibiotics. I am now dreading that final treatment because I feel so weakened while at the same time so wanting to be done! Also I seem to cry at the drop of a hat(no pun intended)which is not like me its just so odd. I can't trust myself to not get weepy without warning. I spoke to my primary MD about it when I was in for the cold and she was not concerned and felt it was to be expected. As always my very best to you. Mary

Feeling Tired and Weepy
    Hi Merry,

I'm so sorry your not feeling well and got a mean nasty cold. You really don't need that at this time.

But I so know what your experiencing. I will have my 5th cycle of RCHOP on 1/25 and my Onc has already warned me about how tired I will be. I can't imagine the fatigue as I already feel beat. I pretty much can't do anything for the first 2 weeks after chemo. We have a two story house and even climbing the stairs is impossible on some days. And I so look forward to week 3 when I begin to feel more myself. As for the crying, cycle 4 has really made me teary and like you I can cry at the drop of a hat so to speak. I think it's from the Prednisone and this unrelenting fatigue.

Here's to the completion of chemo and a return to a more normal life.
    My best to all,
    Leslie
  • merrywinner
    yesyes2 said:

Feeling Tired and Weepy
    Hi Merry,

I'm so sorry your not feeling well and got a mean nasty cold. You really don't need that at this time.

But I so know what your experiencing. I will have my 5th cycle of RCHOP on 1/25 and my Onc has already warned me about how tired I will be. I can't imagine the fatigue as I already feel beat. I pretty much can't do anything for the first 2 weeks after chemo. We have a two story house and even climbing the stairs is impossible on some days. And I so look forward to week 3 when I begin to feel more myself. As for the crying, cycle 4 has really made me teary and like you I can cry at the drop of a hat so to speak. I think it's from the Prednisone and this unrelenting fatigue.

Here's to the completion of chemo and a return to a more normal life.
    My best to all,
    Leslie

How nice
    How nice it is to chat with all of you who know what this is like although I wish none of us had to know. I thank God there are treatments. That being said I will probably continue to whine. Sounds like I am just 1 treatment ahead of you and like you my Onc warned me awhile ago about Txs 5 and 6. Do you know what your progress has been so far?
    Good luck,
    Mary
  • yesyes2
    yesyes2 Member Posts: 591

How nice
    How nice it is to chat with all of you who know what this is like although I wish none of us had to know. I thank God there are treatments. That being said I will probably continue to whine. Sounds like I am just 1 treatment ahead of you and like you my Onc warned me awhile ago about Txs 5 and 6. Do you know what your progress has been so far?
    Good luck,
    Mary

4 down 2 to go
    Hi Mary,

I'm just about 3 weeks behind you. Started treatment on November 4, 2009. Took the doctor's almost 5 months to figure out what to do with me as my NHL is very rare and difficult to treat. I was first DX in Jan 08 and treated with Rituxan. Was in CR for less than 1 yr, not good as I was still receiving Rituxan every 2 months. After 2 cycles of RCHOP my Pet CT showed complete CR. Problem is can I stay there. Sure is scary with all the unknowns.

How are you doing? And what's wrong with whining?
    Take care,
    Leslie
  • Maryreba
    Maryreba Member Posts: 9
    yesyes2 said:

4 down 2 to go
    Hi Mary,

I'm just about 3 weeks behind you. Started treatment on November 4, 2009. Took the doctor's almost 5 months to figure out what to do with me as my NHL is very rare and difficult to treat. I was first DX in Jan 08 and treated with Rituxan. Was in CR for less than 1 yr, not good as I was still receiving Rituxan every 2 months. After 2 cycles of RCHOP my Pet CT showed complete CR. Problem is can I stay there. Sure is scary with all the unknowns.

How are you doing? And what's wrong with whining?
    Take care,
    Leslie

crying with NHL
    I had r chop in 2002 r cvp in 2008 and Ritaxin now 1 time o week for a month than 5 weeks off and again. I am getting another cat scan & than march 15 trmt again.I have been off work since sept with crying extra. I went to talk to someone they told me possible nervous breakdown since I worry about the cancer comes back. We r all strong & fighters. I just need some coaching!! My hubby states I'm a burden since I don't feel good. So bless all of u that have support & may god bless.