Just got to say, My Secret Sister Rocks

Lynda53
Lynda53 Member Posts: 210
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Months ago I came here to lurk, and find help and hope. Those parts were easy!
Then Claudia had the ornament exchange. Mind you, I am not much for participation,rather preferring to be the shadow in the back, but I jumped in.
I had such excitement joy and old fashioned fun creating my west coast friends ornament!
Then, I tried to patiently wait for mine to arrive. I received a lovely note explaining delays, so filled wih love! Then my beautiful egyptian glass ornament arrived to be placed on my tree, and now rest with Dad.
2 days ago, another note! From my secret sister! A beautifully chosen card and written words of encouragement from something I posted. Enclosed was also a bracelet, Alexa's Angels, Positivity, from her wrist to mine.
I am a closed person, a silent Pisces, ever strugglng upstream, faking a rough sharp front! I am humbled, and I am grateful.
In time, my CSI will assist me to id my Secret Sister.
For now, my gratitude and Peace to all.

Comments

• LadyParvati
    LadyParvati Member Posts: 328
    Very cool!
    So nice! It's great that you have been willing to reach out to others despite your natural reserve, too--it can be really difficult to do!

Hope you keep finding hope & help here.

Blessings, Sandy
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Wow! I just noticed this
    Wow! I just noticed this post~ things do have a tendency to get lost here on the boards!:-)
    I am glad that your secret sister made such a connection with you! And no~ I am never, ever gonna reveal the source! I say, just sit back, smile and enjoy!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    secret sister.
    Hi that is so nice of your secret sister.Chen brought so much joy to so many of our hearts with the ornament exchange.She will never know what that really really ment to us.Thanks again chen.love and Prayers (Pat).
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    ppurdin said:

secret sister.
    Hi that is so nice of your secret sister.Chen brought so much joy to so many of our hearts with the ornament exchange.She will never know what that really really ment to us.Thanks again chen.love and Prayers (Pat).

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly.
    Yes, I agree wholeheartedly. As I took my tree down this year and packed up my ornaments, I placed mine from my secret sister back in the box it arrived in with the special note. It will bring joy and memories for many years as I decorate for Christmas. Thanks, again, Chen!!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    ppurdin said:

secret sister.

I had no idea, when I
    I had no idea, when I suggested an exchange, just how fun, and especially how meaningful this would become to us. I have a much better idea of how to do it more efficiently next year! I had so many participants that it dawned on me how to do a better job with less confusion! I thank you for putting up with me, and for being part of something so special!

Hugs,
    Claudia