Options
2»

Comments

• DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    pgrace35 said:

Me too
    I started on the 4th as well,so far so good. Just the drive is a bit of a drag... but no tamoxifen for me. Hope all is well for you!

Wishing you all good luck
    Wishing you all good luck with rads!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    DianeBC said:

Wishing you all good luck
    Wishing you all good luck with rads!

Creams!
    The main thing to do is to use the creams! I had Biafine and Aquaphor, but, use what your own rads oncologist gives you or prescribes for you.

KYLEZ ♥
  • jbug
    jbug Member Posts: 285
    Options
    Done 25 of 30!
    Welcome to the rad club! I'm on the tail end...finished my regular treatments and am headed to my last 5 which are boosters. I had a "brisk" skin reaction at the beginning, got very pink and tender nipple, then in calmed down in weeks 4 and 5. Last few treatments my breast got red again. My boosts will be right over my nipple...so NOT looking forward to that. Maybe it won't be so bad ;-[

As others have said, use your creams generously, go braless if you can and get lots of rest. I'm also fortunate in that I work in the same facilility where I can treated, but do have to contend w/an hours drive home.

Give a holler if you have questions...Good Luck!!

Julie
  • Vonn
    Vonn Member Posts: 8
    Options
    jbug said:

Done 25 of 30!
    Welcome to the rad club! I'm on the tail end...finished my regular treatments and am headed to my last 5 which are boosters. I had a "brisk" skin reaction at the beginning, got very pink and tender nipple, then in calmed down in weeks 4 and 5. Last few treatments my breast got red again. My boosts will be right over my nipple...so NOT looking forward to that. Maybe it won't be so bad ;-[

As others have said, use your creams generously, go braless if you can and get lots of rest. I'm also fortunate in that I work in the same facilility where I can treated, but do have to contend w/an hours drive home.

Give a holler if you have questions...Good Luck!!

Julie

got my 1st treatment today
    I had my 1st treatment today so 1 down 33 to go. I dont know if it was because of my crazy out of whack routine but after treatment, I came home had a sandwich and slept for 2 1/2 hours. I to plan to continue working throughout my treatments. I hope that this 6 weeks go by quickly.

Thank you to all who have posted toward this, it helped me a lot to understand what could happen for me during my treatments.

Good luck to all who have started and will be starting rads! Congradulations to all who have "graduated".

Vonn
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Rad Girl
    I will be starting rads this month, Jan. I am going in for mapping this Thursday. Compared to chemo, rads should be a breeze. Best of luck with your treatment.
    BL
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Options
    Rads
    Just started today and will have rads 6 1/2 weeks. Just glad to get started and get it over with. Like most,I think going 5 days a week will be a pain. Luckily I don't live far from the hospital where I go!! Good Luck to all who are in rads right now. Hugs, Diane