Eyesite

mdad85
mdad85 Member Posts: 15
Hi Everyone, As most of you know my wife was recently diagnosed with stage 4 b Unterine cancer,Well my question, is Now she has decided to not have Chemo, and I support her decision , but now she is getting Dizzy spells and her Eyesite is changing,she says blurry sometimes, them ok, then blurry again,
Can Cancer cause this?

Thank You
Jim

Comments

• daisy366
    daisy366 Member Posts: 1,458 Member
    symptoms
    Jim,

I think the answer is YES and she probably needs some tests to rule out mets to brain. These are Scary symptoms to me. I Don't want to scare anyone but I got this info from googling brain metaseses - this is from healthscout.com

Symptoms of Brain Metastases
    Many patients have no or minimal symptoms related to the tumor, and their metastases are found during a routine medical evaluation. If there are symptoms, they depend on the site involved. Brain metastases may cause headaches, dizziness, blurred vision, nausea or other symptoms related to the nervous system.

Diagnosis of Brain Metastases
    Studies may include head MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) and head CT (computed tomography) scanning.
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • mdad85
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

Wife
    Well , she just got home from Dr, he says he will give her something for inner ear infection,In case it's that, and schedule her for MRI of the brain.
  • Lisa 00
    Lisa 00 Member Posts: 134 Member
    Jim,Before I got diagnosed
    Jim,
    Before I got diagnosed with stage 3 endometrioid adenocarcinoma, I had a few strange symptoms. One of them was something similar to what you're describing.
    About 3 times over a 2 month period, for maybe 20-40 seconds, my eyesight would go very blurry. I figured out it was because one eye was tracking off all by itself. If I looked in the mirror I could see it and if I looked that direction with the other eye, I could see fine.
    I asked a neurologist about it. Without hesitation, he answered, "inflammation". Per other tests, it had nothing to do with a brain metastasis.
  • mdad85
    Lisa 00 said:

Jim,Before I got diagnosed
    Jim,
    Before I got diagnosed with stage 3 endometrioid adenocarcinoma, I had a few strange symptoms. One of them was something similar to what you're describing.
    About 3 times over a 2 month period, for maybe 20-40 seconds, my eyesight would go very blurry. I figured out it was because one eye was tracking off all by itself. If I looked in the mirror I could see it and if I looked that direction with the other eye, I could see fine.
    I asked a neurologist about it. Without hesitation, he answered, "inflammation". Per other tests, it had nothing to do with a brain metastasis.

more symptoms
    Well she also has uncontrolled shaking , chills, no appitite, losing weight,
    has lost 12 lbs in a week and a half without trying, just won't eat.
    I looked up the list of things that point to head and she has 3 out of 4
    guess we will find out next week and try not to think of it today
    Thanks for all the imput
  • mdad85 said:

more symptoms
    Thanks for all the imput

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Ro10
    Ro10 Member Posts: 1,561 Member
    mdad85 said:

more symptoms
    Thanks for all the imput

Jim sorry to hear about your wife's new symptoms
    I am glad that she has tests ordered to evaluate the symptoms. I know how hard this has to be for both of you. Do you have a nutrition book to help you know how to increase calories and protein in the foods your wife will eat. The American Cancer Society, or the hospital education department, or doctor's office can give you information. You both remain in my prayers. In peace and caring.