Help with liver - Dr. Lenz

Kathleen808
Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi,
I was just on Dr. Lenz's (USC) site C3 and saw this article on milk thistle protecting the liver. I know that there are folks in our community who are battling cancer in their livers or whose livers have taken quite a hit from chemo.
Here's a link, hope it can help. (You may have to cut and paste the address)

http://fightcolorectalcancer.org/dr_lenz/2009/12/milk_thistle_a_way_to_protect_against_liver_damage

Aloha,
Kathleen

Comments

• dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    hot link
    Click for Article

Off the same thread, here's a link about the possibility of COFFEE preventing colon cancer.

Coffee article HERE
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member

hot link
    Click for Article

Off the same thread, here's a link about the possibility of COFFEE preventing colon cancer.

Coffee article HERE

Thans Diane
    Thanks Diane, I don't know how to do that.... glad you do. :) Hope the article can help someone.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • phoebe1017
    phoebe1017 Member Posts: 37

Thans Diane
    Thanks Diane, I don't know how to do that.... glad you do. :) Hope the article can help someone.

Aloha,
    Kathleen

Milk thistle
    I had asked my husband's doctor about taking milk thistle and he said he didn't want him taking during chemo because it might interfere with the treatment. I now wish he had been taking it all along. I started him on it right after he stopped chemo. It frustrates me that most traditional doctors are so close minded about alternative therapies. I'm hoping the milk thisle can help heal Michael's liver.
  • victory10
    victory10 Member Posts: 75
    Milk Thistle
    Thank you for this information which is confirmation that I've been doing the right thing by taking Milk Thistle during the chemo drug FOlfox treatments. My oncologist didnt know anything about Milk Thistle but the owner of the health food store who beat cancer 3 times suggested it and I figured he would know a little better. So I convinced my Oncologist that it was o.k for me to continue taking the Milk Thistle capsules.
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    interesting
    I saw Dr. Lenz's article on milk thistle also. Very interesting- when I was first diagnosed and for the first 3-4 months that I was on Folfox/Avastin, I took milk thistle. The liver tumors I had responded very well to the chemo during that time & I wonder now if the milk thistle didn't at least partially help with that. I stopped taking it, however, and haven't taken it since (2 yrs) because my oncologist asked me to stop taking it. I think I'm going to start it up again, since I had new activity in my liver on my last scan. Plus, my onc that I have now is much more open to supplements and alternative treatments.

Thanks for the post, Kathleen!

Lisa