Happy New Year - Here's to a better year for everyone!

Options
Mesa2009
Mesa2009 Member Posts: 10
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Wishing everyone a better year! Count our blessings and never loosing hope for a a better year!

I first visited this site in Nov. and I have tried to read everyone's postings and there is a lot of hope out here! I am so glad I came aboard!

I wasn't planning to write much about anything but I do have a question and if there is anyone who can give advise - it is welcomed!

I finally made the decision to go for chemo. (taxotere and cytoxan)on Dec. 9th. That was my first one and everything was doable just like a read. Thank God!!! I did have a small reaction but with benadryl on board it passed!

I went for my second one this passed wed. and I had a terrible reaction! My oncologist would like to stop my TC treatment and put me on another cocktail -CMF. From what I understand this treatment is less aggressive and the side effects are minimal.

Has anyone been on this cocktail? what were some things that you experienced. I understand that it can be taken in different forms. What was your way. I just want
someone out here to share their experience using this cocktail.

I mentally, emotional prepared myself to take this TC treatment and it just sucks that I need to change.

Any information would help!

Again hoping everyone is doing well today! Smiles!!

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    I didn't have that cocktail.
    I didn't have that cocktail. But hope your treatment goes better now and happy new year!
  • marilyndbk
    marilyndbk Member Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I have no answers to your
    I have no answers to your concerns. I just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you and all of us having to make so many decisions. Have faith that God will lead us out of this wilderness. Happy New Year. Take care. Marilyn
  • donna volkswagen
    donna volkswagen Member Posts: 3
    Options

I have no answers to your
    I have no answers to your concerns. I just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you and all of us having to make so many decisions. Have faith that God will lead us out of this wilderness. Happy New Year. Take care. Marilyn

i have been on cmf since
    i have been on cmf since sept 25 2009 i will be finished with it feb 19 2010. so far it has not been bad at all. some muscle and joint pain thats the worst part a little trowing up till they got my meds right and i get tired otherwise im ok. i am lucky too cause i did not lose any hair at all. i hope you do well on it. it is much easier then the stuff you were on. good luck i pray for you to have courage and get passed all this crap