Phoebe

Options
krf
krf Member Posts: 98
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hope you are both okay today and I hope Michael is able to get a scan soon.

Comments

• geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Options
    Phoebe
    I was also thinking the same thing. You and Michael have had a rough time lately and was wondering how everything is going today since they took out so much fluid yesterday. Tinking of you - Tina
  • phoebe1017
    phoebe1017 Member Posts: 37
    Options
    geotina said:

Phoebe
    I was also thinking the same thing. You and Michael have had a rough time lately and was wondering how everything is going today since they took out so much fluid yesterday. Tinking of you - Tina

Moved up scan
    Yes, I got the scan moved up to Jan 6 which is Wednesday. I would have preferred Monday but I'm satisfied that it got moved up! He is resting and I'm watching his diet to make sure he doesn't eat anything to set off another gallstone attack. I'm going to try to have him just juice until Wednesday. I've never been very good at following naturopathic medicine but I'm going to give a shot for the next few days to try and detox his liver. Traditional doctors haven't given any other options other than to sit back and watch my husband die.

I did contact the Cancer Center of America which is about 2 hours from where we are but they refused to see anyone who's bilirubin is over 3. I was stunned considering their mission states that they will not give up on anyone! We go on Thursday to see a renowned Oncologist up in Milwaukee so I'm hoping he will have some other options.

Thank you so much for checking-in on me....you guys are the best!! Happy New Year!!!
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry
    Phoebe, I am so sorry to see your report. If you don't mind, I'd like to pray for your husband and you.

Diane
  • krf
    krf Member Posts: 98
    Options

Moved up scan
    Yes, I got the scan moved up to Jan 6 which is Wednesday. I would have preferred Monday but I'm satisfied that it got moved up! He is resting and I'm watching his diet to make sure he doesn't eat anything to set off another gallstone attack. I'm going to try to have him just juice until Wednesday. I've never been very good at following naturopathic medicine but I'm going to give a shot for the next few days to try and detox his liver. Traditional doctors haven't given any other options other than to sit back and watch my husband die.

I did contact the Cancer Center of America which is about 2 hours from where we are but they refused to see anyone who's bilirubin is over 3. I was stunned considering their mission states that they will not give up on anyone! We go on Thursday to see a renowned Oncologist up in Milwaukee so I'm hoping he will have some other options.

Thank you so much for checking-in on me....you guys are the best!! Happy New Year!!!

Hi Phoebe-
    So glad you have

Hi Phoebe-
    So glad you have made progress with the scan and your appointment on Thursday. Things have been so rough for you- it is time for you all to catch a break! Is there anyone there to take care of you as you take care of Michael? I hope so.
    You are doing a fantastic job advocating for your husband and caring for him. Fight on!
  • phoebe1017
    phoebe1017 Member Posts: 37
    Options

I am so sorry
    Phoebe, I am so sorry to see your report. If you don't mind, I'd like to pray for your husband and you.

Diane

Please
    Diane

I would appreciate it a great deal if you would pray for me and Michael! We have lots of friends and family that are praying for us as well. They are a great support system for us and are many people on this site.
  • JDuke
    JDuke Member Posts: 438
    Options

Please
    Diane

I would appreciate it a great deal if you would pray for me and Michael! We have lots of friends and family that are praying for us as well. They are a great support system for us and are many people on this site.

Diane
    So glad to read that you were able to get the scan moved up. Waiting is so hard and such a helpless feeling. I will be praying for your and Micheals strength to continue this battle.
    Warmly,
    Joanne
    Thoughts are things - choose the good ones.
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    Hi Phoebe
    The response from

Hi Phoebe

The response from CCTA is shocking - but I've got my doubts about them - I checked into them a couple of years ago and did not like what they were telling me.

I am hoping that your new oncologist will have a plan in Miluakee - I am sending best wishes for positive results for you and your husband, Michael.

-Craig
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    Phoebe
    Phoebe,
    I'm saying a prayer for you and Michael. I hope the appointment next week is positive and full of hope.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Options

Please
    Diane

If you dont mind
    I will be praying for you and Michael too. Please be strong, and I hope the new ONC give you a new direction.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

God Bless
    Beth
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    Phoebe
    Phoebe,
    I just posted a link about helping the liver out. I knew someone was looking into this. Hope it gives some good info.

Thinking of you.

Aloha,
    Kathleen