theraspheres done

iluvmms
iluvmms Member Posts: 134 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I had the theraspheres done on Monday, came home monday night. I feel pretty good, some mild discomfort on right side. I am sure it is gall bladder related, since your gall bladder is effected by radiation too. They have me on levaquin to keep me from haveing a gall bladder attack. I am hoping for good news now. I have another scan in 4 weeks to check to see results. They say that lesions are very vascular, and that they think this will be good. The more vascular the better it wil work.
Everyone have a Happy New Year and think happy thoughts!!!!!!

Christy

Comments

• Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Hope This Was Good :)
    Hi Christy

Sounds good and I hope things go very well for your tests.

Your post is a good one because there is another lady here (ittap) who will be undergoing this procedure around Jan 11th - and I know she will draw some inspiration from your positive post.

Happy New Year 2010 - May the Force Be With You :)

-Craig
  • ittapp
    ittapp Member Posts: 383 Member
    Christy, I will have the pre
    Christy, I will have the pre tests done on the 11th and the procedure around the 18th. What kind of % did they give you on shrinkage? did you feel any pain while they did the procedure? how long did it take? sorry for all of the questions just feeling a little anxious about the procedure. Craig knows me and knows I am freakin a little. Thanks for keeping us updated. God Bless, Patti
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    ittapp said:

Christy, I will have the pre
    Christy, I will have the pre tests done on the 11th and the procedure around the 18th. What kind of % did they give you on shrinkage? did you feel any pain while they did the procedure? how long did it take? sorry for all of the questions just feeling a little anxious about the procedure. Craig knows me and knows I am freakin a little. Thanks for keeping us updated. God Bless, Patti

Great!
    So glad you came through this well Christy, I hope you recover healthy and speedy girl!

Have a wonderful New Year! I hope this works for you!

Hugssss!
    ~Donna
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Great!
    I'm glad it went well and will be praying you will have fabulous results.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • pluckey
    pluckey Member Posts: 484 Member
    good news and statistics
    here's hoping the procedure does exactly what it's intended to do....nuke those tumors!

I was recommended for this treatment, met with radiologist and was just so frustrated with trying to understand if this was something I should do, that i dropped it for now. The statistics the radiologist told me (and he said these were somewhat out dated)

5% have a complete response - tumors eradicated
    60% have "some" response
    the balance either remain the same or the cancer grows

I also heard that the "vascular" tumors respond best to this treatment. I have no idea if mine are or not.

I'm in Opinion Hell right now, trying to gather info and meet with different doctors/surgeons....hoping to get some type of plan or set of options to pursue.

Best of Luck with the therasphers and your healing!!!

Peggy