Hallo uit Nederlands!!!! (Hello from Holland!)

KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Nu is de dag voor het Nieuw Jaar. Tweede dag geleden, dar was zo veel sneeuw gevallend! Nu, alles is wit!
(Translation: "Now it is the day before New Years. 2 days ago, there was alot of snow falling. Now, everything is white!"...my dutch is not perfect, but I try..lol!)

Picture a Southern Californian outside, all bundled up, shoveling the driveway...lol...NEVER have I worked so hard!!!

I hope all is well with everyone, and that you have a safe, healthy, and happy start to the new year, and for the whole of 2010!

We bought fireworks the other day, and a coupon for free, fresh made olliebollen came with it!!! We bought enough that we gathered 8 of the luscious balls (well, we stood at the stall and each ate one...lol...NOTHING like a warm raisin olliebol standing in the snow)!!!!

Tonight is the big lighting night, although the festivities started yesterday...the kids in the neighborhood just can't WAIT!!! (and some of the 'big kids' too!). Tomorrow, it will be a brand new year, hopefully a happy, safe, and healthy one for all of us!!!

Tot ziens! (till we see each other again...sort of like Aloha)

Kathi

Comments

• Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Happy Hagen Daiz....................
    LOL.......I think thats Ice Cream............anyway Happy New Year to you also...Love and Hope... Buzz
  • KathiM
    They had a special balloon....
    With the Relay saying on it...."Celebrate, Remember, Fight Back" and a big red heart.

It lights a small candle, which lifts it into the air...33 feet, it says on the package...and it has a space to write on it....how cool is THAT??????

I will make sure and take pics before, during, and after it takes flight!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM
    Buzzard said:

Happy Hagen Daiz....................
    LOL.......I think thats Ice Cream............anyway Happy New Year to you also...Love and Hope... Buzz

mmmmmm ice cream....ROFL!
    6.5 hours to go here...we are 9 hours later than the states....

BIG hugs, Kathi
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    fireworks
    Have fun with the festivities tonight Kathi! Fireworks are completely illegal in California- of course you know that, Kathi, being from here. I feel like my kids miss out on the fun that we had with them when we were kids. They just can't imagine the fun we used to be able to have on the 4th of July and also New year's eve- it just isn't the same without fireworks!
    Anyhow, have fun and try to stay warm! The balloon thing sounds pretty cool.
    Here in So. California, as of 10 a.m. New Year's Eve Day, the sky is clear blue and beautiful after the rain we had yesterday. I think it's supposed to be nice tomorrow for New year's day and for the Rose Parade up in Pasadena. My hubby and I are still deciding if we're going to the parade or not. Will let you know if we do.

Happy New Year!!
    Lisa
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    lisa42 said:

fireworks
    Have fun with the festivities tonight Kathi! Fireworks are completely illegal in California- of course you know that, Kathi, being from here. I feel like my kids miss out on the fun that we had with them when we were kids. They just can't imagine the fun we used to be able to have on the 4th of July and also New year's eve- it just isn't the same without fireworks!
    Anyhow, have fun and try to stay warm! The balloon thing sounds pretty cool.
    Here in So. California, as of 10 a.m. New Year's Eve Day, the sky is clear blue and beautiful after the rain we had yesterday. I think it's supposed to be nice tomorrow for New year's day and for the Rose Parade up in Pasadena. My hubby and I are still deciding if we're going to the parade or not. Will let you know if we do.

Happy New Year!!
    Lisa

Look for the Blue Moon!
    That sounds like an awesome time you are going to have Kathi, we're supposed to get snow here all week.. but probably the wet, yucky slushy kind! what are ollenbollens???

Sounds beautiful there Lisa, it's cold here in Ohio, and I just got back from the store, and will start making our appetizers and dips that we usually have for our family New Years Eve Party...I bough the white and Purple sparkling grape juice, with juices to make a punch with sherbert in it as well, hopefully I can make it too midnight! I'm kinda tired lol...

Look for the Blue Moon tonight! it only happens once every 19 years! next one won't be till 2028!

Have a blessed New Years! with a lot of fun!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Happy New Year!
    Hey, Kathi! Happy New Year and thank you for the most exotic New Year greeting I've ever received. *grins*

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Kathi
    Kathi,
    Happy New Year to you to. In Hawaii we say Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!
    I love the picture of you shoveling snow. I am from So Cal too and spent 4 years in Minnesota.... I actually got really good working the snow blower.

Best to you in 2010!

Aloha,
    Kathleen