MY NEW HAT

Options
RE
RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I went to Physical Therapy today for the lymphedema and the spasms it causes to my shoulder and hand. I have gone to this same PT site for several years now. Today they had a gal there making balloon creations to celebrate the incoming new year and to usher out a decade. The receptionist was wearing what I considered to be an awesome red white and blue balloon hat. I told her how cool I thought it was and how much I liked it, then on I went for my physical therapy. An hour later as I headed out she called to me, there in her hands was the hat you see me wearing in this photo. She is aware that I am a bc survivor and had a pink one made to honor my survivorship. I can't tell you how good it made me feel to get this little balloon crown, she said I was a Breast Cancer Survivor Princess and I must say I felt like one....she's the best! By the way I love, love, love it!

RE

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Comments

• shortscake
    shortscake Member Posts: 228
    Options
    love it
    Love the hat.
  • Gloria09
    Gloria09 Member Posts: 190
    Options
    How cute is that! I get the warm fuzzies inside thinking about how good this must have made you feel. Thank you for sharing it with us ... you look great!
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    Gloria09 said:

How cute is that! I get the warm fuzzies inside thinking about how good this must have made you feel. Thank you for sharing it with us ... you look great!

very cute, don't get caught
    very cute, don't get caught in the wind.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Dear RE...
    HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU, AND YOURS!

Love the balloon hat! :-)

Kindest regards,
    Susan
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Adorable hat matches your
    Adorable hat matches your pretty face. You are the official Pink Princess of 2010.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    natly15 said:

Adorable hat matches your
    Adorable hat matches your pretty face. You are the official Pink Princess of 2010.

I can see where that hat
    I can see where that hat would lift your spirits. It is lovely and the gesture that went with it is priceless. How caring were they!! It suits you perfectly. A beautiful heart.
    Stef
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options
    fauxma said:

I can see where that hat
    I can see where that hat would lift your spirits. It is lovely and the gesture that went with it is priceless. How caring were they!! It suits you perfectly. A beautiful heart.
    Stef

little things mean a lot...
    ain't that the truth! You look adorable!
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Options
    I LOVE IT!!
    I want one! How appropriate! Bring on the new, out with the old! Happy New Year, RE!
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Options
    Hat
    Gee RE if you had had this when you didn't have any hair no one would have noticed that you were bald. LOL

Love it
    Jadie

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Options
    Jadie said:

Hat
    Gee RE if you had had this when you didn't have any hair no one would have noticed that you were bald. LOL

Love it
    Jadie

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Now, that's funny!
    I love the ballon-makers! Everytime I go someplace where someone is making ballon animals I ask them to pls make one for me. One year I even dressed up like a clown (and I don't even like clowns) for a fund-raiser and learned how to make simple (very simple) ballon animals. I only did it once, that was truly a moment of weakness when I agreed to that one!

It's good to see that, even in difficut times, we can keep our sense of humor! However, I hope that you realize, now that we have all seen your very cool hat, that we will want one, too. :)
    dmc
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    I love the hat but love the
    I love the hat but love the story that goes with it even more!! It's comforting to read the stories that involve people that are truly sensitive to our journey. I love it and wear it with pride!!! Happy and healthy 2010 to you, too!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    It is sooooooo you! And you
    It is sooooooo you! And you are exquisitely photogenic, btw!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    Did you know if you wear a
    Did you know if you wear a balloon hat at midnight on new years eve at the end of a decade that you will have blown up your good luck into huge proportions in the next decade? Ok, I just made that up but it's what I wish for you and everyone here.