New year

Options
khl8
khl8 Member Posts: 807
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I am posting a challange to all of you for 2010. I want to try and see how many good things we can be grateful for, big or small for the upcoming new year. we have all been through or are still going through so much. At times, it seems like there is nothing good about this disease, except for how we handle it!

I am grateful for all of you, you have given me a gift that cannot be measured.
Kathy

Comments

• Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Grateful for...........
    everything that has been spared me......I go for another 3 month blood draw in the morning and even though I am not expecting anything to come of it , if it does I am grateful that I have been spared long enough to make sure that all around me know how I feel about them, and that I have been given time to straighten out my life, all for the good. I am also very grateful for all the people that I know in here and the ones I haven't met yet knowing that I would leave the newbies in great hands here....and be grateful that we all will "Pay it Forward".......... :)
  • just4Brooks
    just4Brooks Member Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Buzzard said:

Grateful for...........
    everything that has been spared me......I go for another 3 month blood draw in the morning and even though I am not expecting anything to come of it , if it does I am grateful that I have been spared long enough to make sure that all around me know how I feel about them, and that I have been given time to straighten out my life, all for the good. I am also very grateful for all the people that I know in here and the ones I haven't met yet knowing that I would leave the newbies in great hands here....and be grateful that we all will "Pay it Forward".......... :)

Grateful for...
    I get to start the new year done with chemo!! For everyone on this board because without all of you I dont know if I would have made it... My wife and kids because they have been great throughout this whole cancer thing. And as Buzzerd said "I am grateful that I have been spared long enough to make sure that all around me know how I feel about them"

Life is funny sometimes
    Brooks
  • eric38
    eric38 Member Posts: 583
    Options

Grateful for...
    I get to start the new year done with chemo!! For everyone on this board because without all of you I dont know if I would have made it... My wife and kids because they have been great throughout this whole cancer thing. And as Buzzerd said "I am grateful that I have been spared long enough to make sure that all around me know how I feel about them"

Life is funny sometimes
    Brooks

Wordy
    I am grateful that my cancer responded well to therapy. Even though my doctor doesn`t expect it to stay that way there is currently no evidence of activity in the original areas that previously lit up. That`s a miracle in itself considering where I started. After my original surgery the surgeon told my family that it was very possible that I might last only 6 months and 8 months later I am ned and feel better than I did even way before my diagnosis. Everything is sweeter now. I enjoy life much more and am not afraid to tell people how much I care for them. I`ve learned who my real friends are and my best friend has really stuck by me. I appreciate him even more now. When the rubber hits the road that`s when frienships and relationships are truly tested and I have 2 buddies that have really come through for me. That is saying something since we started out as drinking buddies. I thought for sure when I couldn`t party with them anymore they would stop coming around but it turns out they are more than drinking buddies and we have developed a real bond. My family have also come through like champs. One thing is for sure - I am better off than I was a year ago as far as my health, energy, and attitude goes. It renewed my my spiritual life and has given me real faith and peace. I have peace in the midst of adversity and that can only be from God. I am getting long winded and am starting to post like Craig. (I love you and your posts Craig.)

Eric
  • christinecarl
    christinecarl Member Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    My friends
    I am grateful for my friends that are like family, they took care of me when I had no one, they are angels.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Goes both ways
    And Kathy you've given it right back to us.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

Goes both ways
    And Kathy you've given it right back to us.

*hugs*
    Gail

My Gosh Kathy.....
    You said it all and made me teary eyed! I am thankful that I am less of a Mom and more of a friend to my daughters.....and my husband, well he has proven his love, that is for sure...........

Love you guys! Thanks for pushing me along.......and Buzzard thanks for holding that rope, while you were there beside me!
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    So thankful!
    I am thankful for so many things! I have lived a very blessed life. God has been good to me. I am so thankful that I have been healed of colon cancer and give all glory to my heavenly Father.

I am so very thankful for my beloved husband of 39 years who has put me first for over a year now. I'm thankful for the son who took me to chemo during the first 6 or 7 treatments and the 15 (12/29) year old son who held my head and made me drink something, would make me meals and sit with me those days after chemo when I felt so bad. I'm thankful for the grown son who drove so far to be with me when I was sick and who still calls or emails every day.

I'm thankful for my church family who made me gain weight during chemo by cooking such wonderful meals. I'm thankful for their prayers and the love they continue to show me and the family.

I'm thankful for those who helped out with co-pays when they knew I wasn't going to have the funds that week. I'm thankful for those who sent flowers, books, small gifts and the hundreds and hundreds of cards.

I'm thankful for closer friendships and new friendships! I'm thankful for old friendships renewed.

I'm thankful that I'm turning 59 (Tuesday) .... considering the alternative.

I'm thankful that I feel GREAT and that my scar is tiny. I'm thankful that God put the right doctors in my path.

I'm thankful our insurance company didn't give us trouble, tho our insurance began on Jan. 1st and I was dx'd on Jan. 2nd. I'm thankful for the Bremen City school system that saw to it that my husband could be off and with me during the last half of my treatments.

I'm thankful that I can forget about cancer for a whole day and sometimes, if someone brings it up, I actually wonder for a second what they're talking about. I'm thankful for neuropathy because I'm thankful for the medicines!

I'm thankful for those who have never met me and may never meet me in this world who continue to pray for a 100% and forever healing and have made me part of their online family. I'm thankful for YOU!

Diane
  • khl8
    khl8 Member Posts: 807
    Options
    Nana b said:

My Gosh Kathy.....
    You said it all and made me teary eyed! I am thankful that I am less of a Mom and more of a friend to my daughters.....and my husband, well he has proven his love, that is for sure...........

Love you guys! Thanks for pushing me along.......and Buzzard thanks for holding that rope, while you were there beside me!

Hard to beleive
    It is hard to beleive that a bunch of virtual strangers can become as important as our physical families. Every day I am grateful to be able to boot up the pc and see how each of you is doing, the good and the bad. I truly think that all cancer centers sould encourage a newly diagnosed person to get on this forum. even though I found you all at the end of my treatment, the friendship and the kinship here is amazing. I can talk to people who know exactly how I feel as you are all in this fight too. I can whine, scream, giggle and laugh without any feeling of being looked at as a nutcase. So, rememeber that no matter what, you are my virtual family and I apprecaite each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart!
    Kathy
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    Grateful
    I'm Grateful I'm not Dead. The name I wanted for a group I was in for a short time was "The Grateful We're Not Dead". I had my medical issues, another guy had a triple bypass operation, another guy was 2 cheeseburgers away from a heart attack. They played a lot of Grateful Dead music...too much. They also didn't have much of a sense of humor so I left and got with some great guys.
    So, for 2009 I am grateful for them (the new guys), I'm grateful for all of youse guys and gals, I'm grateful for my medical team, and most importantly I am grateful for family. I hope to be able to write this at the end of 2010.
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options
    PhillieG said:

Grateful
    I'm Grateful I'm not Dead. The name I wanted for a group I was in for a short time was "The Grateful We're Not Dead". I had my medical issues, another guy had a triple bypass operation, another guy was 2 cheeseburgers away from a heart attack. They played a lot of Grateful Dead music...too much. They also didn't have much of a sense of humor so I left and got with some great guys.
    So, for 2009 I am grateful for them (the new guys), I'm grateful for all of youse guys and gals, I'm grateful for my medical team, and most importantly I am grateful for family. I hope to be able to write this at the end of 2010.

almost chocked on this taco bell taco.......
    Phil, love it, GIND
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options
    Nana b said:

almost chocked on this taco bell taco.......
    Phil, love it, GIND

Grateful...
    My whole life hasn't been easy, since cancer stepped in and took my mother at 40, when I was 16, then took my dad 4 years later. After a life of partying in the 80's (I should have been dead then) I an grateful once God blessed me with 4 healthy children who changed my life for the better.

I am grateful to have a husband who has been to every appointment with me, sat with me all night till I woke up from my operations in the hospital, without any sleep, watching me as tubes and pumps were all over me, no one else there to hold him to say it was going to be "OK", till I woke up and proved to him, I was OK! and gave him those hugs! how he took care of the kids, while I was in the hospital all those days alone, wanting to be with me, but torn apart staying with them and coming to me, though I made him stay with those kids, while his dad came to see me.

Grateful my kids are healthy, and how wonderful they have been taking care of me, Tiffany, my oldest, for getting my little ones off to school when I couldn't get out of bed to do it myself, for shopping for the list I wrote and for her, giving her my debit card, and her unloading and loading all those groceries by herself. For buying me little treats from her job at Dairy Queen, to make me gain weight, and feel better (How I love chocolate!)

To my Shana, my 14 year old, who loves Elvis and James Dean, the Old Time Movie Classics, who watches them in bed with me when I couldn't get out of bed, who cooked for me, gave me drinks, and still does, made sure I took my meds, made sure I had water, was just a little "Mom"

To my Cheyenne, who just turned 13, who played board games with me and didn't leave me alone too long, who just wanted to be cuddled and loved by me, who also took care of me, and brought me my stuffed pandas when needed :)

To my son Zack, who is 9, who also came to my bedside just for hugs and has always been my little sunshine, the only boy, who loves his sisters, and is the youngest, growing up fast to be as wonderful a man as his dad.

I am so grateful to be here, every day, and to wake up and see all my CSN friends here, when I'm low, you're all there to pick me right up, I love you all, and my Lord, who I pray to everyday for all of you, I am eternally grateful to still be here, and hope to be here for awhile!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna

(Sorry, this is like Eric and Craig's longwinded post LOL)
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Options
    Grateful
    I am grateful for LIFE (and all of the above responses). Tina