just got a letter 12/24 telling me my insurance coverage terminates on 12/31/09

13»

Comments

• jillpls
    jillpls Member Posts: 238
    check out hmohelp.ca.gov
    I too had insurance problems about coverage and they were able to resolve it in one day. They are very helpful. I will pray that it clears up fast for you. I always think of you and wonder how you are doing with dr Cantrell. God bless you and stay strong and happy 2010 to all of us.
    Jill
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    KathiM said:

HealthNet is big.....but I had all covered....
    I am on an 'individual HMO' plan with them. The umbrella company has always been very helpful and sympathetic, I just once got mixed up with a group that was not very good. But, because I did my homework, I was able to set everything to right, and they even have a 'wellness nurse' that contacted me every so often to make sure I was doing well.

The 'bad' group was horrible with paying, and drove my medical team to distraction....my onc got so mad that she said 'Kathi, I can't give you your infusion because they haven't paid on anything'. Now, I called them, and they said my onc hadn't billed, typical run around...one pointing at the other...but I called my onc back and said "I know my rights, you are contracted with my carrier, it's not my fault they are slow paying. I WILL be there for my infusion as scheduled!!!!!" (I had also told the group administration that I would be very appreciative if they called my onc and made a payment). Sigh...

I'm so relieved that you are getting it straightened out, but I am also mad that you have to do this when you are battling for your health!!!!

BTW, have you heard from our mutual friend?

Hugs, Kathi

Kathi
    Hi Kathi,

Thanks for sharing your experience with Health Net with me. Frustrating that so many of us with health problems have to battle insurance so much! I am expecting my last interferon shipment from Aetna today. I think all will end up being okay, but I know I'll have to keep up on it all & never just leave things to take care of themselves, because that normally doesn't happen.

Yes, I've heard from our "mutual friend". I'll send you a PM w/ details.

Take care Kathi and enjoy your "snowy" stay in Holland :)

Lisa
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    jillpls said:

check out hmohelp.ca.gov
    I too had insurance problems about coverage and they were able to resolve it in one day. They are very helpful. I will pray that it clears up fast for you. I always think of you and wonder how you are doing with dr Cantrell. God bless you and stay strong and happy 2010 to all of us.
    Jill

Thanks Jill
    Hi Jill,

Thanks for the link- I'm bookmarking it to my computer for easy access for future use. I just got my last interferon shipment from Aetna's mail order pharmacy a few minutes ago, so that was good that Aetna sent it (it wasn't due to ship till Jan. 9th, but they made an exception for me and sent it early). I'm feeling pretty good so far with Dr. Cantrell's treatment. I've had way more energy and felt way better than when I was on the Folfiri chemo. I haven't even had to take any Immodiums, which is a very nice change! My CEA has not gone up in a few weeks, which is wonderful because it was rising steadily and nonstop before. I'll take that as a sign that the treatment is working so far! I'll know more when I actually get a scan in Feb.

Well, you have a good New Year's-
    Lisa
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    lisa42 said:

Thanks Jill
    Hi Jill,

Thanks for the link- I'm bookmarking it to my computer for easy access for future use. I just got my last interferon shipment from Aetna's mail order pharmacy a few minutes ago, so that was good that Aetna sent it (it wasn't due to ship till Jan. 9th, but they made an exception for me and sent it early). I'm feeling pretty good so far with Dr. Cantrell's treatment. I've had way more energy and felt way better than when I was on the Folfiri chemo. I haven't even had to take any Immodiums, which is a very nice change! My CEA has not gone up in a few weeks, which is wonderful because it was rising steadily and nonstop before. I'll take that as a sign that the treatment is working so far! I'll know more when I actually get a scan in Feb.

Well, you have a good New Year's-
    Lisa

Lisa
    Quote:

I'm feeling pretty good so far with Dr. Cantrell's treatment. I've had way more energy and felt way better than when I was on the Folfiri chemo. I haven't even had to take any Immodiums, which is a very nice change! My CEA has not gone up in a few weeks, which is wonderful because it was rising steadily and nonstop before. I'll take that as a sign that the treatment is working so far!

End Quote

Lisa, that is GREAT news! Congrats and Happy New Year!

Diane