C-section scars with TRAM

Options
sparky72156
sparky72156 Member Posts: 61
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Does anyone have any experience with this? I have a nasty C-section scar due to excess cauterization to control bleeding after the birth of my second child. How much might this interfere with the possibility of having the TRAM procedure?

Comments

• helen e
    helen e Member Posts: 223
    Options
    Vertical or horizontal?
    I just had my mastectomy/TRAM flap surgery 2 weeks ago. I had 2 c-sections with horizontal scars. There was no problem at all as far as I know with the surgery. I will tell you that when you wake up your c-section scar will be gone and you will have one long scar that goes from hip to hip. You will also have a new belly button (which I didn't know). The surgery will cut the scar out and then use however much they need for the flap and then they pull the two halves together and even though the c-section scar is gone there will be a scar a little higher - the one that goes from hip to hip. Hope this helped and didn't onfuse you too much!
  • sparky72156
    sparky72156 Member Posts: 61
    Options
    helen e said:

Vertical or horizontal?
    I just had my mastectomy/TRAM flap surgery 2 weeks ago. I had 2 c-sections with horizontal scars. There was no problem at all as far as I know with the surgery. I will tell you that when you wake up your c-section scar will be gone and you will have one long scar that goes from hip to hip. You will also have a new belly button (which I didn't know). The surgery will cut the scar out and then use however much they need for the flap and then they pull the two halves together and even though the c-section scar is gone there will be a scar a little higher - the one that goes from hip to hip. Hope this helped and didn't onfuse you too much!

Thank you, Helen. That is a
    Thank you, Helen. That is a huge help to me. As you can probably tell, I am starting to freak out about the whole thing, so I appreciate any input from those with experience in this. Thank you so much.