Pleural thickening lungs/inflammation

MommaDukes
MommaDukes Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
I just finished 18 rounds of chemotherapy on Dec. 8, 2009 for OVC stage IIIC. My chemo treatments were through IP and shoulder ports. I had a CAT scan a week ago and things are looking good except for mild nodular pleural thickening in the lungs. To my understanding this could be from inflammation from the chemo treatments, infection or beginning of cancer in the lungs.
I willl have a PET scan on Monday to determine if there are any "hot" spots. Does anyone have any input about this issue? I'm hoping the cause is just due to inflammation and will go away as I recover from the chemo treatments...

Comments

• BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    No Information
    Glad you finished up chemo, never had pleural thickening in the lungs, but other places and it isn't always cancer. So prayers that this is just from something else and you have a speedy recovery from all the chemo. Hugs ♥ Prayers Bonnie
  • MommaDukes
    MommaDukes Member Posts: 2
    BonnieR said:

No Information
    Glad you finished up chemo, never had pleural thickening in the lungs, but other places and it isn't always cancer. So prayers that this is just from something else and you have a speedy recovery from all the chemo. Hugs ♥ Prayers Bonnie

Thanks Bonnie for your
    Thanks Bonnie for your input. Your story is amazing and my prayers are with you too! I am trying to stay positive that things will be alright for now. I am taking a supplement that a doctor from MD Anderson in Houston recommended - Curcumin 500 mg capsules. He suggests building up to 8 grams per day for late stage cancer patients. He said they have found this compound that is found in Turmeric spice will actually distroy cancer cells with no side effects. It's worth trying as far as I'm concerned. It does act as a blood thinnner so you have to be careful with certain medications. Here's a link to watch if you are interested in more info. http://www.wtsp.com/video/default.aspx?bcrefid=1335792029#/Can+an+ancient+spice+prevent+and+treat+cancer?/53522878001
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member

Thanks Bonnie for your
    Thanks Bonnie for your input. Your story is amazing and my prayers are with you too! I am trying to stay positive that things will be alright for now. I am taking a supplement that a doctor from MD Anderson in Houston recommended - Curcumin 500 mg capsules. He suggests building up to 8 grams per day for late stage cancer patients. He said they have found this compound that is found in Turmeric spice will actually distroy cancer cells with no side effects. It's worth trying as far as I'm concerned. It does act as a blood thinnner so you have to be careful with certain medications. Here's a link to watch if you are interested in more info. http://www.wtsp.com/video/default.aspx?bcrefid=1335792029#/Can+an+ancient+spice+prevent+and+treat+cancer?/53522878001

thanks
    Very interesting,I have never heard this one thanks for sharing the link .. prayers n hugs Bonnie