White Boxing Day?

tasha_111
tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
It's just started here in Canada (Or is it Cambodia :)> ? ) I see on the news that some have tons of the horrible white stuff?
Hope everyone is warm, comfortable, Home and Fed (Not to mention the booze) Hugz to u all Jxxxxxxx

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    None of the white stuff for
    None of the white stuff for Boxing Day here in California, tho it did freeze last night, and promises to be in the low 60's for the remainder of the day.

How was your dinner, Tasha? I thought of you while I was waiting for my yorkshire pudding to "puff up" yesterday! Wish you had been here to enjoy it with us~well, all of you were here in spirit!

We ate much later than originally planned~ the power went out in our entire town until almost noon yesterday...grrrrrrr! Thankfully, I had made the crepe batter the night before, and our stove is gas. But it was odd not to have any lights twinkling on the tree, no music, no television. OMG~ when the family came over for breakfast, we had to Look At Each Other and Talk!!!! What a concept, huh???? Whereas we had hoped to have breakfast at about 8AM and then an early dinner 5 ish~ we had breakfast at 11 and dinner closer to 7:30! Then again, when I think of the hungry and homeless, it really puts my petty whining in perspective!

Happy rest of the year, and of course all through 2010!

Hugs,

Chen♥
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    We have white...but just on the ground...
    Please DON'T send it over here (lol)!

It froze so hard last week that the freeway pavement exploded in many places.

This caused great delays, and we took side streets part of the way home...

It's 8pm Saturday (Boxing Day) night...

Hugs to all!
    Kathi
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    It's 50 degrees here now but
    It's 50 degrees here now but should warm up a bit with the sun. I'm fed too well! I need to diet! Hope you had a wonderful holiday! And the next one too.
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Marcia527 said:

It's 50 degrees here now but
    It's 50 degrees here now but should warm up a bit with the sun. I'm fed too well! I need to diet! Hope you had a wonderful holiday! And the next one too.

Just like Kathi
    Just like Kathi said--white on the ground only. I don't mind if it snows but I want it to do it at night so Jake and I can do outside stuff during the day when he is on school vacation like snow shoeing, sledding and building snow families and snow angels. Shoveling a little.

Wonderful holiday all around here.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769

Just like Kathi
    Just like Kathi said--white on the ground only. I don't mind if it snows but I want it to do it at night so Jake and I can do outside stuff during the day when he is on school vacation like snow shoeing, sledding and building snow families and snow angels. Shoveling a little.

Wonderful holiday all around here.

Hugs,
    Margo

I forgot
    I forgot to mention the most important---SNOWBALL FIGHTS!!!!
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072

I forgot
    I forgot to mention the most important---SNOWBALL FIGHTS!!!!

Buggerrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    My Yorkies turned out good enough to give to the local kids as Hockey Puks.... Just... LOL
    The Gravy was like a Frisbee, even the dog refused to chase it!, The rest of the meal was sorta OK ish, lamb with rosemary, hey even I cant get that wrong... can I?

Anyway, I ate. And the dog (After lots of bribery and temptation did too) It's the first time I've had to mix dog food with gravy to make it edible, but , hey, it tasted quite nice.

My claim to fame is my mashed Tates.............. (Taking a Bow and Blushing).........Hugs to you all and hope your Christmas Feast was at least as good as mine........... (Yeah, if not a WHOLE LOT BETTER) LOLOL

Hugz Jlz Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx