Options
2»

Comments

• Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    aztec45 said:

Welcome Megan
    Welcome, Megan. Glad you have found this board. There are a lot of great men and women on this site to help us through the rough times and celebrate with us through the good times. I am up too. I took a hardy nap tonight. It is alright to worry and focus on your cancer. We all do it. Just don't forget to stop and enjoy the people and the world around you. Don't let the cancer consume you and win.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

P

Megan
    Welcome to the best site there is! You will find so much help and support here. Like the others said, don't let fear or the thought of cancer consume you. You have a wonderful life to live!

KYLEZ ♥
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

Merry Christmas, Megan
    Sorry you are up and worried. Cancer is a scary thing - but it doesn't define you. My Mom had a lumpectomy and radiation on her left breast when she was 49. Ten years later, she had a lumpectomy and radiation on her right breast. She was 73 when she died of heart related issues - not cancer. My grandmother had a similar story. People survive and go on to live long lives! That's the good news! I think it takes time, though, to get through the trauma. So take a deep breath, focus on a positive, and know that in time things will get back to a more normal pace. Give yourself the time to get there.

I know that others will comment. I just wanted to let you know even on the holidays, someone is always here for you!

Merry Christmas!

Lori

It is nice and comforting to
    It is nice and comforting to know that I have this great support here. Thanks!

Megan
  • Megan M
    Options
    Katz77 said:

Scared
    Yes Think it's common to be a little obcessive and lose sleep over this cancer thing. I try not to think to far ahead. I leave it to the drs that care for me. I have a very good group. I did a little checking up on them and the treatment they suggested. Seems like they now what their doing. Helps me sleep a little bit easier.
    When were you diagnosd and what type of ca?

I find it very hard to sleep
    I find it very hard to sleep anymore. I guess I could get something from my oncologist to help. He said I might need something to help me sleep. I have invasive and ductal. They just said ductal from the core biopsy, but after my lumpectomy, the pathology report said both. Is that unusual to have both? I just hope I get to feeling better soon.

Megan
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    Options
    Megan M said:

I find it very hard to sleep anymore. I guess I could get something from my oncologist to help. He said I might need something to help me sleep. I have invasive and ductal. They just said ductal from the core biopsy, but after my lumpectomy, the pathology report said both. Is that unusual to have both? I just hope I get to feeling better soon.

Megan

Megan, I think that from
    Megan, I think that from your comments, the core biopsy may have said that you had DCIS (ductal cancer/carcinoma in situ) which is a pre-cancer. Invasive cancer means that it has advanced past the pre-cancer stage and can invade other areas. Invasive cancer is either ductal or lobular, depending on the part of the breast that is affected. Ductal is the more common type of breast cancer, lobular it quite rare. It sounds like you probably have a small amount of invasive cancer which means that they caught it early, which is very good.

You may have to talk to your doctor for something to help you sleep, since sleep is very important to the healing process. You could also try hot baths before bed: they tend to calm me and help me sleep.

I hope that you feel better soon!!

Joyce
  • Megan M
    Options
    jk1952 said:

Megan, I think that from
    Megan, I think that from your comments, the core biopsy may have said that you had DCIS (ductal cancer/carcinoma in situ) which is a pre-cancer. Invasive cancer means that it has advanced past the pre-cancer stage and can invade other areas. Invasive cancer is either ductal or lobular, depending on the part of the breast that is affected. Ductal is the more common type of breast cancer, lobular it quite rare. It sounds like you probably have a small amount of invasive cancer which means that they caught it early, which is very good.

You may have to talk to your doctor for something to help you sleep, since sleep is very important to the healing process. You could also try hot baths before bed: they tend to calm me and help me sleep.

I hope that you feel better soon!!

Joyce

Thanks Joyce. I probably
    Thanks Joyce. I probably will talk to my oncologist about a sleeping pill or something to help me to relax. And, I will try the hot baths before bedtime. I just have so many emotions right now. Thanks again.

Megan
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181
    Options
    Welcome Megan.
    We all have times that we think scary thoughts about Cancer.I know in my heart that I have done everything posible to fight it.And that gives me peace.I think we will always have to fight the depression that comes with it.Sometimes when i am feeling down about it.I do something that I really enjoy.Or I call someone I like talking two.As you know Cancer is a very scary word.We are here also if need to talk.Love and Prayers.(Pat).
  • Megan M
    Options
    ppurdin said:

Welcome Megan.
    We all have times that we think scary thoughts about Cancer.I know in my heart that I have done everything posible to fight it.And that gives me peace.I think we will always have to fight the depression that comes with it.Sometimes when i am feeling down about it.I do something that I really enjoy.Or I call someone I like talking two.As you know Cancer is a very scary word.We are here also if need to talk.Love and Prayers.(Pat).

Thank you Pat. I feel so
    Thank you Pat. I feel so lucky to have finally posted on this site. You all have made me feel better.

Megan
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Eil4186 said:

Dear Megan, your fear is
    Dear Megan, your fear is natural. It does get better though. I was terrified for a long time. And for a long time cancer was always on my mind. Now more than 3 years later, it is still lurking there but not always in the forefront of my thoughts. Slowly, the things that you found joy and interest in before the cancer begin to interest you again. I am on an antidepressant and have seen a therapist for a while and will again. I feel that cancer has changed my life in many ways and emotionally I will probably never get over the emotional trauma completely. But I will enjoy my life and am very grateful to be alive.

You will begin to feel more like your old self and remember to be patient with your emotions. You will get there:)

Hi Megan
    We all have fear right from the beginning of our hearing the words 'you have bc.' But, you just have to learn to live your life and to not let it overcome you. We will all help you to get thru this. I am so sorry that you had to find us because of bc.

Kristin ♥
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    lanie940 said:

Hi Megan, I can relate to
    Hi Megan, I can relate to you a lot. It has been the Year from Hell for me. From finding out I had breast cancer in July to having an idiot on a motorcycle running into me in a parking lot and I was basically blamed for it since I was going to make a left hand turn(but hadn't even turned yet) It was my Oncology surgery who found the hernia I had and sent me for a CT scan for that. Plus 2 lumps under my left axilla(my cancer was in my RT breast IDC. The left lumps were neurofibromas, so not cancerous. The hernia surgery was so much more painful than the lumpectomy! then I had more issues, was hospitalize 3 times in like a 5 week period. I have been dx-ed with Celiac.

Yes, RADS exhausted me. I think it lowered my resistance and made all my other isues worse!So hope you have a Happy New Year also!

Yes, I think a lot about the cancer issues and the knowledge that if my Celiac wasn't found and treated I'd be more prone for lymphoma (cancer in my sm bowel) So, yes, it is on my mind. I do know that from all the ultrasound tests recently I'm ok, at least now!

Hi Megan! I sometimes can't
    Hi Megan! I sometimes can't sleep either thinking about my bc. I did finally get a sleeping pill from my oncologist which I take every now and then to help me. As you can see, I stay up late too. Please don't be afraid. Try to just focus on getting well and gaining your strength back after rads.

Debby
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    Megan M said:

Thank you Pat. I feel so
    Thank you Pat. I feel so lucky to have finally posted on this site. You all have made me feel better.

Megan

Hi Megan ♥
    Being scared and not being able to sleep goes hand in hand with having a diagnosis of breast cancer for so many of us. I have had breast cancer twice now, and even so, I am looking forward to a long and healthy future! I was diagnosed first in 1985 and then again this year. I fought it again and beat it again. It is ok to be afraid for awhile. But, don't let it take over your thoughts or life. Breast cancer is beatable! And, look at all of the wonderful things you have in your life that make your life so great! Concentrate on those and fight the beast with everything in you. Megan, we are all here for you anytime you need us. You are NEVER alone!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

Hi Megan ♥
    Being scared and not being able to sleep goes hand in hand with having a diagnosis of breast cancer for so many of us. I have had breast cancer twice now, and even so, I am looking forward to a long and healthy future! I was diagnosed first in 1985 and then again this year. I fought it again and beat it again. It is ok to be afraid for awhile. But, don't let it take over your thoughts or life. Breast cancer is beatable! And, look at all of the wonderful things you have in your life that make your life so great! Concentrate on those and fight the beast with everything in you. Megan, we are all here for you anytime you need us. You are NEVER alone!

Love, Jeanne ♥

Welcome Megan
    Welcome Megan! So sorry that you are here. You are amongst the best group of bc warriors ever. I had a lumpectomy and radiation treatments too. I was suppose to take tamoxifen, but, haven't as of yet, and may not. Whenever you need to vent, just come here and we will help you.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • LadyParvati
    LadyParvati Member Posts: 328
    Options
    susie09 said:

Welcome Megan
    Welcome Megan! So sorry that you are here. You are amongst the best group of bc warriors ever. I had a lumpectomy and radiation treatments too. I was suppose to take tamoxifen, but, haven't as of yet, and may not. Whenever you need to vent, just come here and we will help you.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣

It's 3 a.m. here
    and I'm awake. So as you've already found, you're not alone!

and for some reason, everything has started typing in red and I don't know how to turn it off--I don't even know how I turned it on!

Sheesh. Maybe it's time to go back to bed and try to sleep again!

Hang in there, Megan--this is a great group!

Sandy

Edit--At least it didn't *appear* in red! Whew!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Megan M said:

Megan

Hi Megan
    Hi Megan! If you are having trouble sleeping, talk to your oncologist about giving you a prescription for some meds, if you want them. We go thru so many emotions with bc that it is no wonder we can't sleep. Good luck to you!

Lex♥
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Welcome to this group,
    Welcome to this group, although I'm sad for the reason that you are here. xoxoxoxo Lynn