Doc called with surgery date

SherryAF
SherryAF Member Posts: 31
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I will be having bilateral mastectomy with immediate reconstruction on January 5. Even when I say the words it doesn't really seem like it is me. I'm trying not to think about it and enjoy Christmas with the husband and kids.

Comments

• tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    You
    You will do just fine.
    You have a lot of sisters and a few brothers pulling for you.
    We will be there for you.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Though this was absolutely
    Though this was absolutely not the diagnosis you ever wanted ( none of us did!) I am looking at your January 5 surgery/reconstruction date as you starting the New Year as a cancer-free woman; a survivor surrounded by a sea of survivors ready to welcome you to our world of Life After Cancer. Enjoy Christmas with your husband and children , and rejoice in the gift of life!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • AmandaMarie29
    AmandaMarie29 Member Posts: 55
    Good Luck :) I am having
    Good Luck :) I am having the same thing on moday...we will both do great!

Mandi
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159

Good Luck :) I am having
    Good Luck :) I am having the same thing on moday...we will both do great!

Mandi

Yes, Mandi~ you will do
    Yes, Mandi~ you will do great too! Good luck to you on Monday; we'll be thinking about you!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    chenheart said:

Yes, Mandi~ you will do
    Yes, Mandi~ you will do great too! Good luck to you on Monday; we'll be thinking about you!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Good luck to both of you on
    Good luck to both of you on your surgery. It will be one more thing done in your fight of the beast! Enjoy your holidays!

Sue :)
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    Best of luck, we will be
    Best of luck, we will be thinking of you and pray it goes well for you and you will have a cancer-free 2010 and from then on1 ((((HUGS)))
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    lanie940 said:

Best of luck, we will be
    Best of luck, we will be thinking of you and pray it goes well for you and you will have a cancer-free 2010 and from then on1 ((((HUGS)))

I
    Remember so well those exact feelings. I was scared but wanted it over with.. Once I found this site it helped me with so much of my anxiety and fear.. Mine was July 29th this year so I'm just 5 months being cancer free!! and WOW what a relief it was when I woke up and saw my Family's smiling faces!!! I had immediate reconstruction using my belly fat and I feel great!! I was one of the lucky ones who didn't have to have chemo due to my oncotype score and I'm choosing not to take tamoxifen. We will all be here for you!! Take one day at a time and enjoy the holidays!!!
  • lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279
    SherryAF and Mandi
    Wish you swift recovery. The quiet wooshing sounds you hear right before they put you under are your sister's in pink surrounding you with love and hugs. Listen for them. You won't be alone. Post when you can after surgery but definitely Mandi enjoy your Christmas weekend and SherryAF enjoy the Christmas and New Year's weekends. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Lola
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

SherryAF and Mandi
    Wish you swift recovery. The quiet wooshing sounds you hear right before they put you under are your sister's in pink surrounding you with love and hugs. Listen for them. You won't be alone. Post when you can after surgery but definitely Mandi enjoy your Christmas weekend and SherryAF enjoy the Christmas and New Year's weekends. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Lola

Good luck with your surgery
    Good luck with your surgery too Mandi!

Sue :)
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    lanie940 said:

Best of luck, we will be

Good luck
    Wishing both of you good luck with your surgeries. Praying that you recover quickly.
  • Dot53
    Dot53 Member Posts: 239 Member
    I will be sending you positive thoughts
    I will be sending you positive thoughts on the 5th. Exactly one month to the day after mine and I am doing well and so will you...you are much stronger than you think..

Dot
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Dot53 said:

I will be sending you positive thoughts
    I will be sending you positive thoughts on the 5th. Exactly one month to the day after mine and I am doing well and so will you...you are much stronger than you think..

Dot

Best of luck
    Sending you prayers and positive thoughts for your surgery!

Kristin ♥
  • marilyndbk
    marilyndbk Member Posts: 238 Member
    Sherry--I was just reading
    Sherry--I was just reading some of the older posts. I hope you are able to enjoy today before surgery and just know you will not be alone. Take comfort in knowing that this is just one more step in this journey and we have to go thru it to get past it. Take care of yourself. You will be in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. Marilyn

Mandi--Hope your recovery is going well. It takes time to heal, both physically and mentally. Take care of yourself. Marilyn
  • newbiefromcananda
    newbiefromcananda Member Posts: 234
    best wishes for a fast
    best wishes for a fast recovery you will do great!!!! ((((hugs))))Lisa
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member

best wishes for a fast
    best wishes for a fast recovery you will do great!!!! ((((hugs))))Lisa

Hope all is well
    Hoping that your surgery went well Sherry. Praying for a speedy recovery for you!

♥ Noel