Ashley

Options
geotina
geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
There is a caring bridge site I have been following "ashleytunstall". Ashley celebrated her 21st birthday last week and she has Stage IV colon cancer. Ashley is having a very difficult time. Her mom started the site just a short time ago. It breaks my heart to see someone so young going through this and not catching a break. During this holiday season please say a prayer or send healing thoughts Ashley's way. While none of us may know Ashley or her family, I feel they are a part of our family since we all know the heartache of this disease. I'm trying to find the right words to leave a message for Ashley since Melissaincali found so much comfort in the messages left for her.

Wishing everyone a joyous Holiday Season. I'm sitting here looking at a clean house, enough food to feed an army and waiting for family to arrive from Illinois, pets and all, they are only about 150 miles away. Soon enough the house will be trashed, food all over and "mom can you do some laundry". Music to my ears after this tough year.

Again, Merry Christmas to all - you mean so very much to me - Tina (George too)

Comments

• lcarper2
    lcarper2 Member Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    ashley
    how do we get to this site
  • Fb489
    Fb489 Member Posts: 69
    Options
    lcarper2 said:

ashley
    how do we get to this site

HI
    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/ashleytunstall
  • Fb489
    Fb489 Member Posts: 69
    Options
    Port
    My husband's onc states he need a port to get chemo.
    Ashley has so many complications with her port,I am reluctant to have him get the port.
    My question is how will she be getting the chemo after they remove her port?
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Options
    Fb489 said:

Port
    My husband's onc states he need a port to get chemo.
    Ashley has so many complications with her port,I am reluctant to have him get the port.
    My question is how will she be getting the chemo after they remove her port?

Port
    Ashley's problem is very unusual, get the port, it makes chemo so much easier. I think she will get a PICC line or something like that, I'm not sure how that works, others will chime in. Tina
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I'll look at that one
    Tina,

Thanks for sharing that site. I'll check it out and try to send some encouraging words.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

*hugs*
    Gail