Good News

Options
JDuke
JDuke Member Posts: 438
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I got the results of my repeat PET and CT today. No new developments... single 1.6 cm liver met.(actually a little smaller than the 2.0 cm the first PET showed) Onco. is hoping for resection. Appointment with surgeon 2/4 unless he get a cancellation before. Was so relieved that nothing else had shown up. While I was at the hospital I told two patients about this board...I am so proud to be a part of it...I just can't help talking it up.

I am wishing each and everyone of you the most memorable, love-filled, peaceful Christmas ever!

Love,
Joanne

Comments

• tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Praying
    Joanne,

I'll be praying that you can have a resection.

Thanks for spreading the word about the board!

I hope you have a beautiful Christmas.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
    Options
    Tell my chemo nurses since I too found this site ,Joanne,
    as well as student researchers to check this site or let patients know about if they seem to need help.If I talk to other patients I inform them as well. I think my original chemo/rad and op would have been easier had I been posting here for info,advice,help, etc,At least I found it while recovering from op and from that day this place has been a lifesavior. Nice to hear more good news. You;ll be good to go in Feb and you'll see its successful...Happy Holidays to you and your family and watch 2010 be a better year than 2009...steve
  • karguy
    karguy Member Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    It sounds
    It sounds like good news.It's one step closer to getting better,I'll be praying for you,and happy holidays!!!!
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good report and glad that you are able to go for a resection at the beginning of Feb. Yup this is a wonderful site. It's good to know that people have someplace to go. Have a wonderful Christmas.

Kim
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    ((JoAnne))
    Great news, Joanne

No growth is good growth - so relax now and enjoy the next couple of weeks and let things just happen - may the season fill you with the new awareness that you are discovering.

I talk the board up all the time too, every chance I get to. I could never forget all of my friends here...I'm so lucky to have them - and I know the difference between having and not having friends.

We're so glad you are here and it's been nice getting to know you...oh and I got your card in the mail too - Thank You!

So, keep working on that liver and things will be a 'changin' in 2010, I'm sure of that now.

Love/Craig
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    Good for you,Joanne.I hope
    Good for you,Joanne.I hope you will have a successful resection and everything goes well.You will be NED soon.
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Options
    Great News
    I will keep you in my prayers that you get in sooner the your doc and that thing go well for you...Merry Christmas

God Bless
    Beth
  • WinneyPooh
    WinneyPooh Member Posts: 318
    Options
    Me too
    Joanne, my Ct showed shrinkage in the liver tumor to less than 1 cm, i am hoping to have surgery in Jan. to address my primary issues and then in march have liver is necessary then at all. does anyone know what happens when the tumors shrink to nothing do they still do a resection?

Live laugh, play
    Winnie
  • PGLGreg
    PGLGreg Member Posts: 731
    Options

Me too
    Joanne, my Ct showed shrinkage in the liver tumor to less than 1 cm, i am hoping to have surgery in Jan. to address my primary issues and then in march have liver is necessary then at all. does anyone know what happens when the tumors shrink to nothing do they still do a resection?

Live laugh, play
    Winnie

No tumor = resect anyway.
    Yes, Winnie, they still do a resection, according to what I've heard.

--Greg
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Options

Me too

Live laugh, play
    Winnie

Winnie
    My tumor was eradicated by the chemo/radiation before surgery, and yes, they still do the resection. The tumor may have shrunk to nothing, but the cancer is still there in the cells. It's safest to just get it out.

Many hugs, Vicki
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Options
    Joanne
    Good news indeed. We will be holding loads of good thoughts for you as you move toward surgery.

Have a great rest of the Holiday!

Many hugs, Vicki
  • maryjane
    maryjane Member Posts: 71
    Options
    Congrats!
    I am soooo thrilled for you! Seems like our surgeries are going to be going on about same time--mine is the 30th! Thanks for your sharing---even though I don't even know your first name--I feel like you're a friend. Please continue to stay in touch.
    maryjane
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator