Storm/Blizzard

Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Anyone being hit by the storm/blizzard yet? We're under 'Winter Weather Advisory' until 5 pm on Christmas Day. Plans are to go to Deadwood for Christmas dinner (and some gambling) but don't know if roads will allow that - oh well guess we'll just go on Sat. if we have to.

I just got a call from CCI telling me to be sure and check TV in the morn to see if they will be open. My Chemo appt is at 8 am tomorrow which means that I'll have to leave home by at least 6:30 am to make it there IF I-90 is open. GRRRRRR! - I hate SoDak winters - but it is supposed to be worse East River (east of the Missouri River) than western/Black Hills area! Actaully we haven't had a lot of snow yet but the last 2 days were DENSE ice fog so everything is a solid sheet of ice.

So - how's it going for everyone else - got to be some others being "hit".

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    South Texas not getting
    South Texas not getting nothing. It's 66 degrees today. We do get bad weather sometimes. They were calling for a little snow before Thanksgiving and everybody got excited but it missed us. I think we saw two flakes. Even that is not usual for here.

My son is off from school/work for a couple of weeks so all that is piling up here is dishes.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Marcia527 said:

South Texas not getting
    South Texas not getting nothing. It's 66 degrees today. We do get bad weather sometimes. They were calling for a little snow before Thanksgiving and everybody got excited but it missed us. I think we saw two flakes. Even that is not usual for here.

My son is off from school/work for a couple of weeks so all that is piling up here is dishes.

Just rain in the Midwest.
    Just rain in the Midwest. They said maybe a little snow on Christmas. I hope so!

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Winter Storm
    We had ours last Saturday, 18 inches. This time around, your storm will only give us freezing rain Christmas morning turning to all rain. That will melt what is left of our snow and we have to watch for flooding. UGH. They said we are in an El Nino pattern and should see more snow this winter than we have in a long time. Wanna move to Florida!!!!! First snow and I'm sick of looking at it already.
    Hugs - Pat
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Down here in the Ozarks
    The latest forecast calls for us to get 3" or so of the white stuff tomorrow night. If it's snow, I can deal with it. Moopster is looking forward to a white Christmas. But no more ice or sleet, pleeeeeeeze!
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Got ours last weekend also
    We are suppose to have rain and high winds for Christmas. With all this snow and then rain we may have flooding.
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Jadie said:

Got ours last weekend also
    We are suppose to have rain and high winds for Christmas. With all this snow and then rain we may have flooding.

Oh No!
    Do not read my latest on expressions page........... LOLOL
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    tasha_111 said:

Oh No!

My Stomach Hurts from Laughing!
    OMG, I went to your Expressions page and laughed so hard I was crying and hurting. Haven't laughed this hard since Steff and Cat and you got on a roll this summer.
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Moopy23 said:

My Stomach Hurts from Laughing!
    OMG, I went to your Expressions page and laughed so hard I was crying and hurting. Haven't laughed this hard since Steff and Cat and you got on a roll this summer.

Oh Moopster
    I knew you wouldn't be able to resist................ You wonderful Gal! Love you loads............!
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    tasha_111 said:

Oh Moopster
    I knew you wouldn't be able to resist................ You wonderful Gal! Love you loads............!

I was frightened...
    Moopy was making these bizarre noises and the laptop was falling out of her lap and even the dogs were looking at her like she was from Mars. I was half convinced that after 17 1/2 years of marriage to me, the poor woman had picked this precise moment to lose her mind.
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    tasha_111 said:

Oh Moopster

Back of the Bus
    Love ya, too, Turquoise Girl! I was on the bus, by the way. Everybody else was being such a diva, you needed one low-maintenance sister. Plus, I nearly froze when the bus windows were rolled down while we were picking up Margo in Maine.
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Moopy23 said:

Back of the Bus
    Love ya, too, Turquoise Girl! I was on the bus, by the way. Everybody else was being such a diva, you needed one low-maintenance sister. Plus, I nearly froze when the bus windows were rolled down while we were picking up Margo in Maine.

Moopy
    Moopy,
    I hope the hot chocolate and blankets helped warm you up.

You don't want the windows down now--wind chill -30 earlier this week.

Margo
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    tasha_111 said:

Oh No!

Tasha,
    I was laughing so

Tasha,
    I was laughing so hard I thought I would fall off my chair. I love the snow, other people's snow. It's a great place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. Well, actually where we are moving does get a little snow. But not much. Or maybe next year I will be writing this story. So funny. You are the best, dear daft sod. And for those of you experiencing this type of weather, just want to say, glad it's not me. LOL
    Stef