Looking for a top notch Cancer Treatment Facility

Victory2010
Victory2010 Member Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
I was diagnosed with a Wilms tumor (kidney) in 2007. I had my right kidney removed and I now have a reoccurence in the chest and possibly lung area. I am looking for a cancer treatment center that would be the best for my case, as it is rather rare. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788 Member
    :)
    You don't waste any time victory! Good for you.

I do not have the answer for you, as you know, but I would posit that you might also want to post this in the kidney cancer topic area and, since it is a rare one, in another subject area devoted to rare cancers.

You can also go into the member search area, request a search of Wilm's and see what comes up. I am not sure how well that particular search engine works, but you may just find some stories from other survivors of the same cancer, folks you may hook up with, gain inspiration from, or even discover important facts about where they went for treatment.

Best wishes to you in your continuing efforts to overcome cancer. I have the feeling that you will be a champion of Wilm's tumor survivors before all is said and done.

And, yes, you are a survivor. Already. Keep up the good work :).

Take care,

Joe
  • Victory2010

:)
    You don't waste any time victory! Good for you.

I do not have the answer for you, as you know, but I would posit that you might also want to post this in the kidney cancer topic area and, since it is a rare one, in another subject area devoted to rare cancers.

You can also go into the member search area, request a search of Wilm's and see what comes up. I am not sure how well that particular search engine works, but you may just find some stories from other survivors of the same cancer, folks you may hook up with, gain inspiration from, or even discover important facts about where they went for treatment.

Best wishes to you in your continuing efforts to overcome cancer. I have the feeling that you will be a champion of Wilm's tumor survivors before all is said and done.

And, yes, you are a survivor. Already. Keep up the good work :).

Take care,

Joe

Thanks! :)
    Thank you so much for your inspiration, direction, and support. You really didn't have to take the time and do that for me. Very much appreciated. I actually hooked up with a couple people with similar cases and I am getting information from them. I also posted this to those sections you suggested. Again, thank you and may God continue to bless you!
  • catcon49
    catcon49 Member Posts: 398

Thanks! :)
    Thank you so much for your inspiration, direction, and support. You really didn't have to take the time and do that for me. Very much appreciated. I actually hooked up with a couple people with similar cases and I am getting information from them. I also posted this to those sections you suggested. Again, thank you and may God continue to bless you!

What part of the country are
    What part of the country are you from? I called sloan Ketter Memorial Hospital in New York although I couldn't get an appointment with them they told me University of Pennsylvania and Fox Chase Cancer Hospital had the same rating they did. I then searched the internet. U of PA was rated Number 10 in the country. God Bless you! Keep fight and stay strong.
  • Victory2010
    catcon49 said:

What part of the country are
    What part of the country are you from? I called sloan Ketter Memorial Hospital in New York although I couldn't get an appointment with them they told me University of Pennsylvania and Fox Chase Cancer Hospital had the same rating they did. I then searched the internet. U of PA was rated Number 10 in the country. God Bless you! Keep fight and stay strong.

I live in Tampa and I am
    I live in Tampa and I am currently being treated at Moffitt Cancer Center here. What type of cancer do you have?