More news

Maize
Maize Member Posts: 76
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I went to the surgeon to have stitches removed today. He told me the radiologist called him. My 1st word...."oh no!!! the news---the "real final report" (my words) stated that there is a micro amount of staining in 2 of my lymph nodes. The radiologist believe that the radiation will take care of this. My surgeon wants a second opinion. He is thinking that he may have to remove the rest of my lymph nodes. The radiologist believe that since one of three did not show the presence of cancer the others should be free of cancer. I am really thankful and know that I am greatly blessed, but this sort of took some of the air out of my sails. Tis the season to be jolly.............

Comments

• DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    ?
    So, what are you going to do Maize? I guess I don't understand if you are just going to have rads or if you are going to have your other nodes checked too.

But, if you are happy, I am for you!

Debby
  • Maize
    DebbyM said:

?
    So, what are you going to do Maize? I guess I don't understand if you are just going to have rads or if you are going to have your other nodes checked too.

But, if you are happy, I am for you!

Debby

Don't know
    I don't know. The surgeon is to check with an oncologist and let me know. I will follow his recommendations. It scares me that it was in the LNs---even a trace. The radiologist believes the rad will destroy any that's there. I may have to have chemo too.
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Maize
    Whatever you have to face, you can do it. I also thought that I'd be able to skip chemo, but ended up doing it after all. It is all doable to kick this beast in the butt!

It sounds overall like your picture is a good one, so enjoy your holidays knowing you will do what it takes to beat this in the new year!

Take care,
    Cindy
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

Maize
    Whatever you have to face, you can do it. I also thought that I'd be able to skip chemo, but ended up doing it after all. It is all doable to kick this beast in the butt!

It sounds overall like your picture is a good one, so enjoy your holidays knowing you will do what it takes to beat this in the new year!

Take care,
    Cindy

We are here for you Maize!
    We are here for you Maize! Happy Holidays!

Diane
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    DianeBC said:

We are here for you Maize!
    We are here for you Maize! Happy Holidays!

Diane

Whatever treatment that you
    Whatever treatment that you have Maize, we will help you to get thru it.

Enjoy your holidays Maize and Happy Birthday!

KYLEZ ♥
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Kylez said:

Whatever treatment that you
    Whatever treatment that you have Maize, we will help you to get thru it.

Enjoy your holidays Maize and Happy Birthday!

KYLEZ ♥

Just wishing you good luck
    Just wishing you good luck Maize. Let us know what is decided on your treatment.

Leeza
  • Maize
    jnl said:

Just wishing you good luck
    Just wishing you good luck Maize. Let us know what is decided on your treatment.

Leeza

Thanks!
    Thanks everyone, for your support.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Maize said:

Thanks!
    Thanks everyone, for your support.

You have all of the support
    You have all of the support that you need Maize right here with us! Do you know yet what the plan is? Let us know when you find out. Sending you hugs!

Sue :)
  • Maize
    Ritzy said:

You have all of the support
    You have all of the support that you need Maize right here with us! Do you know yet what the plan is? Let us know when you find out. Sending you hugs!

Confusing
    I went to the doctor today. He used needle to drain fluid build up. He is still pondering if he needs to remove rest of LN. 2 out of 3 had micro trace of cancer. He referred me to medical oncologist. I want what is best---but it doesn't make sense to me to have to go back in surgery to remove lymph nodes when the 3rd one was clear. One rad dr believe rad. will take care of everything; the other believe we should remove ln......what do I know?
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Maize said:

Confusing
    I went to the doctor today. He used needle to drain fluid build up. He is still pondering if he needs to remove rest of LN. 2 out of 3 had micro trace of cancer. He referred me to medical oncologist. I want what is best---but it doesn't make sense to me to have to go back in surgery to remove lymph nodes when the 3rd one was clear. One rad dr believe rad. will take care of everything; the other believe we should remove ln......what do I know?

Maize...it is all very confusing but that's why we work...
    with a team of doctors--so they they can exchange ideas. I hope you have a good team so that you can get the best treatment and guidance possible. It's a tough road, everyone here will tell you that, and it's one that we all have traveled. The good thing, however, is that none of us have to travel it alone.

Wishing you well.
    dmc
  • Angel_4_James
    Angel_4_James Member Posts: 73
    Maize said:

Confusing

My prayer for you will be.....
    Maize, Just ask God to give you peace on what you are to do. I didn't think I would have to do chemo my LN was clean and the margins were clean, but my HER2 was + so I get to do chemo. :\ I say this because I asked God to give me HIS Peace if I was to do the chemo when I went to the Oncol Dr and God flooded me with HIS Peace and I knew it is what I am to do. So my prayer for you will be that God floods you with HIS Peace on the correct thing you are to do.

Big Huggs
    Angel
  • Maize

My prayer for you will be.....
    Maize, Just ask God to give you peace on what you are to do. I didn't think I would have to do chemo my LN was clean and the margins were clean, but my HER2 was + so I get to do chemo. :\ I say this because I asked God to give me HIS Peace if I was to do the chemo when I went to the Oncol Dr and God flooded me with HIS Peace and I knew it is what I am to do. So my prayer for you will be that God floods you with HIS Peace on the correct thing you are to do.

Big Huggs
    Angel

Prayer
    Thanks to each of you. I will continue to pray for guidance. This Board is God sent. I will make a decision and know it will turn out as it should. God bless.

Maize
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Maize said:

Prayer
    Thanks to each of you. I will continue to pray for guidance. This Board is God sent. I will make a decision and know it will turn out as it should. God bless.

Maize

I will
    continue to pray for you Maize. Be sure and let us know what you decide to do.